Old Farts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Farts

For all of us who have been here for a year or longer ... why are we still here????

Of academic interest only .... because I'm starting to harbour thoughts of moving on ...

Old Farts

my reply would be that alcoholism is extremely insidious and we always will need support from a group like this.moving on is a totally personal decision and i hope you are healthy enough to trek on.i was in group therapy for a year 1 night a week for 2 hours and it only scrachted the surface of my problems.i wish i was still going to that group because it really helped me.
    anyway we all make our own decisions and live with them.if you leave Tawny best of luck and take care i will miss you.

Comment

Old Farts

I think the " old farts" lead the way to sobriety and pave the way forward to moderation. Without their experience and steadying influence who knows where we would be? I know that when I sat down ready to cave in Tawny was there to kick me into action and was there for guidance, support and just plain care and concern when I needed it and I am so grateful. :thanks:

All of us try to give support and love on here, I know, and I feel I have some very special friends; new and old.

I have been on here 7 months now and hope I am on my way to becoming a successful "old fart."
      Love to all
      Waves
      Enough is enough

Comment

Old Farts

I was wondering myself how long people stay? It absolutely makes my day to hear from senior members and people who have been here as long as you guys. MY hat is off to you waves, kate, tawny and surfer you all are inspiring and your insight is so valuable to me.

Sammys

Comment

Old Farts

I ALWAYS recommend to new members that they go to long term abs and mods boards to read the thoughts of the 'old farts'.....I feel that this is one lot of hot air that is very much more acceptable than other gaseous erructations!!!

Old Farts are the ones that really helped me get my mind in the right place to tackle this thing as successfully as I have, and Old Farts are the ones that give me strength for the future...it CAN be done...

I LOVE you old farts....and I can also see why you may need to move on......

Much love to you all....thanks for stickin' around as long as you have and giving so much of yourselves...it REALLY helps!

And when you need to move off... everyones love will go with you .......

Whatever you decide Froglet, you're the bees socks, the dogs trouser addendums, and we love you til the cows come home........
          Melon xxx

Comment

Old Farts

Because you never stop learning Tawny....And in my opinion i've got this disease for life..Just speaking honestly..

An i'm with Kate...If you went i'd be absolutly gutted...So get that notion out your head right now Mrs.:l
            I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
            One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Old Farts

Tawny,
              I agree that this place is stabilizing even if you have met your goals. You get to come and help out the new people and it also reminds you of how far you've come yourself. I was a wreck when I came here and through the help of everyone, in whatever fashion, I am doing so much better.
              I hope that you will stay and also understand if you feel it's time to move on. Whatever your decision, I wish you all the best Frog!
              "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Old Farts

I feel like an old fart!!!! Only 9 months but plan on stickin around still. Hope you decide the same Tawny. I always enjoy your insight and posts. : )
                Gabby :flower:

Comment

Old Farts

Tawny, as a relatively newbie I would like you to know that the insight, support and sheer fellowship of the people who have been posting for a long time has saved my life. Surely that is worth your experience in your postings to continue?

Lorna
                  Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Old Farts

I sent you a PM, but you have been such a wise and witty part of this board that it wouldn't be the same without you. Maybe instead of "old fart", it should be "fart emeritus."

Comment

Old Farts

Oh no...the "old farts" can't leave...then all of us "new farts" would be the "old farts" and Idon't want to be an "old fart".

Seriously, for those of us that are new, we have to have reassurance and guidance!

Comment

Old Farts

I so agree with Kate.. When I first came here all I could do at that time was take, take and take again...Its this site and all the " old farts " who helped me make this new life I now have...Now I do my best to be supportive and helpful to those in need...

Just had a horrible thought, I have been here now for nearly 6 months, so, pity me please, I am firmly stuck between the old farts and the new farts.. PHEW...

PS. Tawny, if you do go, could you come back and visit every once in a while and do a little catchup?????

A F F L..
                        Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Old Farts

What you "old" (not chronologically) members do is inspire "younger' members...I would not be here if I had not "met you" through lurking and reading your posts Tawny.

Cheers

Cashy
                          xxx
                          "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans" - John Lennon

Comment

Old Farts

The old farts smell the least.

Comment

Old Farts

Ducky,
                              That's bcause by the time those "old farts" waft their way to the USA, we just get a nice gentle breaze with a slight hint of ??? What is that smell? Please tell me its some awesome aussie food....
                              What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

Working...
                              X