Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Saturday 17th November

Zenstyle;1413018 wrote: Hiya ReccyBear!

The Doc didn't put a time limit on the rehab or brace. It is along the lines of... "You screwed up not coming in here 3 months ago when it happened and you will have to work hard at it and hope you can avoid surgery." It sounds like a "see how it goes" thing? I really do NOT want surgery. How did Holly rupture her ACLs?
    Let's hope for the best then. Would you have to pay for surgery?

Holly wasn't very bright (if she'd been human you would have said she had learning difficulties) and she was always attempting over-ambitious jumps without thinking about the consequences of failure. The second one happened when she tried to jump from the worktop on one side of the kitchen to the worktop on the other side and didn't make it. The first one happened outside, so I don't know what happened, but she was always climbing trees, so she may have fallen out of one. It's an extremely rare injury for a cat.

Comment

Recluse;1413021 wrote: Let's hope for the best then. Would you have to pay for surgery?

Holly wasn't very bright (if she'd been human you would have said she had learning difficulties) and she was always attempting over-ambitious jumps without thinking about the consequences of failure. The second one happened when she tried to jump from the worktop on one side of the kitchen to the worktop on the other side and didn't make it. The first one happened outside, so I don't know what happened, but she was always climbing trees, so she may have fallen out of one. It's an extremely rare injury for a cat.
      :upset: I get to pay for it all, starting off with the last two Doc visits. That's part of the reason it took me so long to go.

I had to laugh at Holly having learning disabilities!!! :H I've never heard of a cat with an ACL injury... let alone two. It's a twisting movement that causes it. (Makes me eyes water thinking aboot it!) Did she loose use of her legs when it happened?

Comment

Zen your doc sounds a right happy wee shit!!!
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Zenstyle;1413024 wrote: :upset: I get to pay for it all, starting off with the last two Doc visits. That's part of the reason it took me so long to go.

I had to laugh at Holly having learning disabilities!!! :H I've never heard of a cat with an ACL injury... let alone two. It's a twisting movement that causes it. (Makes me eyes water thinking aboot it!) Did she loose use of her legs when it happened?
          Oh crikey about the payments. I know you could well do without that.

The vet said he'd only previously seen one cat with a ruptured ACL in 30 years of practise, so that gives you an idea of how rare it is. She was still able to walk and run, but her mobility was significantly impaired and she was never quite the same cat after her first injury. She became an indoor cat instead of an outdoor cat.

Comment

Bacinabit

Comment

Oh Zen that all sounds so painful. Maybe the rehab will sort it?

Comment

Mick;1413028 wrote: Zen your doc sounds a right happy wee shit!!!
                :H:H:H

I know, right? He should be rubbing his hands in glee to be getting cash instead of claiming against insurance... and he's still a miserable git!

Comment

Recluse;1413029 wrote: Oh crikey about the payments. I know you could well do without that.

The vet said he'd only previously seen one cat with a ruptured ACL in 30 years of practise, so that gives you an idea of how rare it is. She was still able to walk and run, but her mobility was significantly impaired and she was never quite the same cat after her first injury. She became an indoor cat instead of an outdoor cat.
                  Aah the wee dote... :h She had a good life nonetheless. See yer when you get back

Comment

anon;1413035 wrote: Oh Zen that all sounds so painful. Maybe the rehab will sort it?
                    I'm hoping so Whizzy. The rehab looks like a gym! They do some electro-summat or other and massage, hot & cold, and exercises. Fingers crossed cos I do NOT want to get started with operations.

How are you feeling these days?

Comment

Can someone spare a Hug please.

My mother has well an proper pissed me off....
                      I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

pingu1997;1413043 wrote: Can someone spare a Hug please.

:l:l

I know the feeling :l
                        Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

Thanks

Interfering cow

And proudly announcing she's bought us a Christmas pudding full of alcohol... How kind....
                          I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Pinguuuuuuuuuuuuu................

[img][/IMG]

Comment

pingu1997;1413043 wrote: Can someone spare a Hug please.

Here ya go, Pings. :l Mine can still proper hack me off and she's been dead years.

pingu1997;1413053 wrote:

And proudly announcing she's bought us a Christmas pudding full of alcohol... How kind....
                              AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHH HHHHHHHHH. Thought I do the shout in case you were feeling to polite.
                              It could be worse, I could be filing.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

RC - lovin the graphic
                                Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

Working...
                                X