Lets create hopes here ....!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most of the us here get depressed seeing the future totally dark.Most of the losses we've made are almost irreplaceable or non repairable.The most and common damages we did with AL are as follows and we can't imagine our better life without them.Likewise,

1. Family break up ,kids got depressed at their early age .
    2. Social prestige.
    3. Financials break down.
    4. Poor physical and mental health.
    5. Damage caused for extended family.
    6. No energy to work something new ,low self esteem.
    etc...
    We've eventually already been damaged our fundamentals requirements which would give the hope for living.

So after a complete breakdown , how do we make our life worthy living again ???
    If we do have some hopes why not gather here ???
    Cheers !
    Dix
    A learned habit surely be unlearned !!

2012: Continuous AF for 7 months from May to Oct.

Big Relapses : 6th November and 12th December 2012.

2013 : So many ups and down !!

2014: Has a conviction to stay with a healthy life.

Hi Dixon! I like your message of hope. I too felt a lot of those things on your list - especially in my darkest days of trying to stop drinking, but not being able to get there.

Today I do best when I try to stay focused on today. What can I do to make today a really good one? What can I do to take good care of myself and to be kind to my loved ones? What can I do to be kind to a stranger today?

Those are the kinds of thoughts that seem to help lift me up.

On the flip side, I know I need a "mental adjustment" when I find myself mentally screaming at people while driving. When I am in that mode, I am my own worst enemy and it's time to change things up in my head!

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Doggygirl;1413466 wrote: Hi Dixon! I like your message of hope. I too felt a lot of those things on your list - especially in my darkest days of trying to stop drinking, but not being able to get there.

Today I do best when I try to stay focused on today. What can I do to make today a really good one? What can I do to take good care of myself and to be kind to my loved ones? What can I do to be kind to a stranger today?

On the flip side, I know I need a "mental adjustment" when I find myself mentally screaming at people while driving. When I am in that mode, I am my own worst enemy and it's time to change things up in my head!

DG
      Hi Doggy,
      Thanks for your nice tips !
      As you say we have to adjust the mind so need to train it accordingly.Before I train it I wanted to know the hope for life before I start which I am looking for should be excluded from my above damaged images.Any idea from anyone please add here up !!

Now , I wanted to involve in kids educations as we have been migrated here for the sake of kids, in the meantime I am deprived from serving them.Their MOM is really playing unnecessary role to show me a wrong person.Doing so it's damn damaging the life of kids.
      Trying to find out help to be connected with kids but there is always hindrance from social worker especially because of their mother who wants to hold them as a bargaining for the rest of life.
      Anyway , any good other ideas apart from these ?
      Or may be I should do whatever she instructs which I think won't possible ??
      Living in dillemma !!
      Dix

Comment

Doggygirl;1413466 wrote: Hi Dixon! I like your message of hope. I too felt a lot of those things on your list - especially in my darkest days of trying to stop drinking, but not being able to get there.

DG
        I like the simplicity in your post. Very workable advice.

Dix, have you tried to get a doctor involved? A psychologist who can document your changes that can help you get time with your children? It's one step at a time to reprove yourself as the new person and you may need 'a witness' so to speak to help start that process. Every step toward repair is a positive step in the right direction. You may like to see my posts in the newbie nest today. You have a clean slate to work from. Paint your new life one day at a time. I'm working to do that as well. (HUGS)

Love,

Slay
        Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Hi Dixon, I'm going through a dark phase at the moment. My sister, who was more like a mother to me, died 5 months ago, and I thought I had come to terms with the loss, but as the winter nights approach I'm feeling quite depressed and miss her terribly. I do feel for you with your children, it is so wrong to use kids to hurt a partner, yet so many selfish parents do it, if only they would stop and think about the children's needs instead of their own. Kids need as much love and parental support as we can give them, they should not be used to hurt anybody, because in the long term the kids suffer. Surely social services should see this. Good luck Dixon, just keep on wanting whats best for your children, and as they grow they will appreciate this. I would certainly try and get some other professional involved, like Slay said.

Comment

Sl;ay and Paula,

Paula I am sorry to hear your loss ,I know how it hurts ,I am thinking of you !!!.I also do have a younger brother to whom I used to share but he is in different country and cant do anything.

You are right in this case ,I must take the help of the professional one.I have asked social worker what sorts of things should I carry on to show I am a responsible person but they just say that you might be OK but your wife and kids are not willing to see you.So they say they are helpless in this case.Please remember my kids are grown up and at their age of 12 and 16.
            As per them they cant either force them or give the suggestion to see me because they are well grown up.
            In this case, I do not want to go to the court and I think it is useless.
            My wife claims they are doing well but am not satisfied with their education and worried they wont get a nice university for further education or they would quit the idea of going university and start working.
            Anyway,I will try my best to get professional help.I will go doctor tomorrow and speak with the social worker.However ,I have heard that she already left to take over the case.
            Lets hope better !!
            Are there any way I can live alone and happier??? Just thinking of ..
            Dix

Comment

It seems I have been away for the ages !!!
              My doctor is quite happy with my progress .I have to be in touch with my new social worker yet.Just got her contact number today will follow up her regularly.
              I am still doing well...was caught of some eye infections so couldn't see on the computer screen for some days..How you doing fellows ??
              It would better if I disclose our case to the local community but couldn't dare to do so ..would I be able to solve the problem with help of doctors and Triangle's report ??
              Dix

Comment

good to see u back dix. sorry i'm on my mobile. more to follow.
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Hi Dix...hope you're still doing well. Did you find a suitable place to volunteer yet? Is the eye infection clear now? Chickweed tea used as an eyewash several times daily known to be very effective for eye infections.
                  Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Good post Dixon!

Being that one of the most motivational people in the world died yesterday, Zig Zigler, I would like to add some of my favorite quotes that he coined that I think will help any one who is looking for hope:

10) “Remember that failure is an event, not a person.”

9) “You will get all you want in life, if you help enough other people get what they want.”

8 ) “People often say motivation doesn’t last. Neither does bathing—that’s why we recommend it daily.”

7) “There has never been a statue erected to honor a critic.”

6) “People don’t buy for logical reasons. They buy for emotional reasons.”

5) “Expect the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes.”

4) “If you go looking for a friend, you’re going to find they’re scarce. If you go out to be a friend, you’ll find them everywhere.”

3) “A goal properly set is halfway reached.”

2) “Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude.”

1) “If you can dream it, you can achieve it.”

Although number 5 is about sales I think it also pertains to any decision that a person makes.

If you can focus on any one of these quotes I am sure "hope" will follow.

Comment

Supercrew, love those quotes!!!! I'm a big fan of quotes. They say a lot in a few words. I hope you don't mind if I post them in the newbie's nest one day. I've been trying to post something encouraging there daily. I think these are very encouraging.

:thanks:
                      Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Sure post them whereever you find beneficial! I have a list sitting over my computer, and occassionally I will tape one that really applies at the time to my bathroom mirror so I see it when I wake up and before I go to bed.

Comment

techie;1418573 wrote: good to see u back dix. sorry i'm on my mobile. more to follow.
                          Thanks and nice to see you here too.
                          Hope to hear more from yyou.
                          Dix

Comment

Supercrew;1418814 wrote: Good post Dixon!

Being that one of the most motivational people in the world died yesterday, Zig Zigler, I would like to add some of my favorite quotes that he coined that I think will help any one who is looking for hope:

10) ?Remember that failure is an event, not a person.?

9) ?You will get all you want in life, if you help enough other people get what they want.?

8 ) ?People often say motivation doesn?t last. Neither does bathing?that?s why we recommend it daily.?

7) ?There has never been a statue erected to honor a critic.?

6) ?People don?t buy for logical reasons. They buy for emotional reasons.?

5) ?Expect the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes.?

4) ?If you go looking for a friend, you?re going to find they?re scarce. If you go out to be a friend, you?ll find them everywhere.?

3) ?A goal properly set is halfway reached.?

2) ?Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude.?

1) ?If you can dream it, you can achieve it.?

Although number 5 is about sales I think it also pertains to any decision that a person makes.

If you can focus on any one of these quotes I am sure "hope" will follow.
                            Excellent !!!!

No. 4 ,10 and 8 hit my Ego and so positively.
                            All are very inspiring and well said.
                            No.10 and 8 are ,I think most important for me right now .
                            Thanks,
                            Dix

Comment

RingingCedars;1418760 wrote: Hi Dix...hope you're still doing well. Did you find a suitable place to volunteer yet? Is the eye infection clear now? Chickweed tea used as an eyewash several times daily known to be very effective for eye infections.
                              Yes RingingCedars,
                              I am doing well and getting into deep stream of problems,I hope I will do something better in life .
                              My eyes are not yet normal ,after a series of investigation with pharmasists,doctors,nurses I found this is not a enfection but a kind of eyestrains and some itching problems.When rub or csratch it turns into red but no swelling or and wound yet.
                              Hope will get better.Now applying a eye washing liquid.
                              Dix

Comment

Working...
                              X