The Sugar Free Challenge - Who is in??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

byebyebridgetjones;1418459 wrote: And fruit?
    The Paleo Diet | Dr. Loren Cordain, Founder of the Paleo Diet Movement
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1418462 wrote: Tastes a bit like honey? Sort of? I'm pretty sure I still get a bit of a buzz out of it BSL wise, but it's a great substitute.
      BSL? blood sugar ___? Reminds me of a slow kettled golden maple syrup.
      Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

RingingCedars;1418477 wrote: BSL? blood sugar ___? Reminds me of a slow kettled golden maple syrup.
        Levels.....and don't say maple syrup to me today:upset::H
        I could drink the stuff.
        If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
        Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

:xmouth:

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1418507 wrote: Levels.....and don't say maple syrup to me today:upset::H
            I could drink the stuff.
            :H once started I wouldnt stop either...

On track today...we do have ice cream in the house to celebrate the end of school - think I need to revise my reward system - but I'm full of chicken and salad, so no probs there...hope anyone trying this is doing well and noticing a difference...know I am...

Comment

Day 1 of the Full Monty low carb extravaganza for me.
              I am tired as hell and have a blocked nose and sort of fluey symptoms.
              Is this normal?:upset::H
              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Just realised I did a double smiley face...how smug...

Bridge I think thats normal from what the Atkins site says, although I'm not sure about the blocked nose...have you been sniffing something?

Comment

byebyebridgetjones;1418696 wrote: Day 1 of the Full Monty low carb extravaganza for me.
                  I am tired as hell and have a blocked nose and sort of fluey symptoms.
                  Is this normal?:upset:Simple carbs are acidic and the body lays down mucous to protects its membranes. Since you're not overloading your body these days, its taking the opportunity to shed the excess mucous(detoxing). OR you might be getting the flu. In either event increase your vitamin C, some oil of oregano, lots of water (warm with lemon/agave) and you could do a saline snuff. Feel better....

myhappyplace;1418703 wrote:
                  Just realised I did a double smiley face...how smug...
                  Give us three tomorrow.

Doing good here. Here, I'll up your two Monkey.
                  Got myself some CoQ10 yesterday. Took 60mg. Wow...I'd forgotten what an energy lift it has. Highly recommended.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

RingingCedars;1418745 wrote:

Doing good here. Here, I'll up your two Monkey.
                    Got myself some CoQ10 yesterday. Took 60mg. Wow...I'd forgotten what an energy lift it has. Highly recommended.
                    I discovered Co Q 10 over twenty years ago ...... Best thing I ever did was supplementing with it. Take it most of the time and if I stop I really notice after about four weeks my energy levels drop.

Comment

kuya;1418747 wrote: I discovered Co Q 10 over twenty years ago ...... Best thing I ever did was supplementing with it. Take it most of the time and if I stop I really notice after about four weeks my energy levels drop.
                      It really is an energy spark to the mitochondria. Money issues had me foregoing it recently. Soooo glad to have it back in my arsenal of supplements. Next is NAC.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

RingingCedars;1418750 wrote: It really is an energy spark to the mitochondria. Money issues had me foregoing it recently. Soooo glad to have it back in my arsenal of supplements. Next is NAC.
                        NAC ?

Comment

N-Acetyl-Cysteine powerful lung/liver detoxer. Not just for al detox. Everyone's liver needs a go of it now and then. Particularly good if anyone's going through chemo which appears to invariably affect the lungs. I'm not a heavy smoker but still a bad habit....

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Thanks for that.... How provident! I am quitting today

Comment

Yay for you Kuya. Best wishes for your quit.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

RingingCedars;1418759 wrote: Yay for you Kuya. Best wishes for your quit.
                                Ta RC, got a good feeling this time

Comment

Working...
                                X