The Sugar Free Challenge - Who is in??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lovely neighbour knows I'm on a sugar free plan but knows I will make a concession for dark chocolate on occasion. Lovely neighbour brings "dark chocolate" treat for me. Nom nom goes the first one..then read label...friggin second ingredient is...yep...but there's only two more widdle chocolates....down the hatch they go.....or went as the case were.....

sounds like conscious moderation to me....
    Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

its so hard RC when someone gives you chocolates, and your trying to avoid it...been doing the moderation with sugar, had a fun size mars bar last night... now normally I would have quite a few, once I get the taste... christmas is going to be a bugger for me... and quite a few of us I would think..

Comment

doing not too bad here, also cutting down on the carbs...

Hows everyone else doing...

Comment

good job Lilly! I'm SF here still.
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Me too! going well and energy levels are up...

Comment

Im just in a holding pattern till Jan 1......then its ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

Although at ths point it seems harder then quitting AL......Can you have a bottom out point from sugar? :H I think thats what I need, I do better when Im scared straight
              Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Nelz;1424717 wrote: I think thats what I need, I do better when Im scared straight
                RC can help with that Nelz...just let her list some ingredients...

I guess I've ended up on a moderate path but I've found that by giving up the chocolate and ice cream the cravings have diminished and I am not so hell bent on having something, anything that has sugar in it...

Comment

myhappyplace;1424933 wrote: RC can help with that Nelz...just let her list some ingredients...ooooo....the evil RC huh:H I'll come up with something for you Nelz.
                  myhappyplace;1424933 wrote:
                  I guess I've ended up on a moderate path but I've found that by giving up the chocolate and ice cream the cravings have diminished and I am not so hell bent on having something, anything that has sugar in it...
                  Sounds good Monkey. You know I'm in the moderation camp. Know Thyself.

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

Comment

getting some sugar craving today, drinking water like mad, hoping that will help.. also I bought some white tea, tastes pretty good...not sure what benefits it has....

Comment

Hungry>yes
                      Angry>somewhat
                      Lonely>not at that particular moment
                      Tired>yes
                      Stressed>yes
                      Out for Chinese buffet>yes
                      Desert table>yes
                      I'll be back tomorrow....sugar free.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Holy crap. That was my demise.
                        I just ate 4! Yes 4! nanaimo bars.
                        HELP!
                        I'll be dancing in the lounge for awhile......

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

well as the tag says I ain't perfect....been working on cutting the sugar out again...like al gotta try to keep it out of the house and plan for alternatives.....so here's my little treat atm....perhaps someone will like to try...quick and easy...
                          almond butter
                          stevia
                          cocoa powder
                          dip pecan halves in and enjoy

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Cool thanks RC. I'm discovering that I want my treats and if I don't have an alternative, I will seek out bad ones. So healthier sweet treats are my way around it. Will give this a go. And don't laugh, I've been nibbling on a few prunes....seem to hit the spot. Also the frozen raspberries, greek yoghurt and cinnamon is just a bit yum. Been using that as an alternate to ice cream.

Comment

Let me know how you like or any variations you try Monkey. I really like my mango protein smoothies in the am....but my vitamixer just bit the dust.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

I eventually want to go low sugar or sugar free, but one battle at a time is all i can fight.
                                One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Working...
                                X