Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again.. Yep, I'm back

Hi Maddie,

Your hubbie is probably feeling insecure. So is mine right now. It's hard to be the "man of the house" sometimes because times have changed women can be stronger than men. I feel sometimes like I have to hold myself back just so he doesn't feel weakend by me, which is wrong but its true. You asked what triggered using alcohol to deal with problems. It started about the time when I had children. I realized that my ambition was going to take me to another place and I had to balance that with my love for my kids. I stayed home for years but was bored. And I picked fights with my husband. I felt stressed being a stay at home mom. My son cried all the time, he had colic and would cry whether I was holding him or not. And with the other moms in my neighborhood we found solace in a glass of wine at the end of the day. It was acceptable, legal and our way of coping. Many of us had advanced degrees and had given up careers. Somehow, what I thought would end in preschool carried on. I know I'm not alone, that's whats so great about connecting with you all.

My favorite Amy Winehouse video on this topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CYE0DYIbaw[/video]]Amy Winehouse - Stronger Than Me - YouTube

Comment

Again.. Yep, I'm back

Raven, It's incredible how many times I see and hear that story, giving up yourself for others is really difficult to live with.

Working towards a life that is fulfilling our heart I think is a big key to moving forward into a positive place without Al dominating our lives/

Think the Mum thread is a great idea, just read your other comments, thanks for sharing

R

Comment

Working...
      X