hoping this time....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hoping this time....

I've been a binge drinker for 9 years, I'm 25 now and im very intelligent with a good job and my own mortgage and im successful but there is one thing in my life that is damaging my life, alcohol! time and time again i have told myself im quiting drinking, never drinking again to going back to the drink again many times. I Am in a big hole right now but i've put myself in it due to my drinking. I've been sober now for 5 days. I'm hoping i can this time stay sober as i have lost so much due to my drinking problem over the years, and i mean huge losses due to binge drinking.

there is alot of pain and hurt inside of me. I could get high again and get drunk but it has severe consequences everytime. I will keep sober now and not die from the disease i have, alcoholism. I will keep you all posted on here to tell you how i am doing. I hope i don't relapse.

thanks for reading and god bless you all.

hoping this time....

You got to do more then hope that you can do it. You got to have a plan set up and do it and believe that you can do it.

I believe that you can do it and hang in there.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

hoping this time....

Agree hoping is no good, I done this for years, thinking I would magically stop drinking but it never happened I wasted years and years in the clutches of alcoHELL. Death like hangovers, drunken incidents. insomnia and upsetting just about everyone.

Now thats all gone, simply by not drinking and never drinking again.

You have everything to gain and absolutely nothing to lose.

Good luck.
      Sober since 13th January 2012

Comment

hoping this time....

Hey Luke, Drifty is right! Hop on over to the Newbie's nest and join us! If you are serious about getting AL out of your life, we can help. The Newbie's Nest is just about always up on the New Posts section, we have folks in all stages of their quit. In my signature line below, please find a link to the Tool Box, there are 100's of tips and coping skills there to help you get a solid plan in place to quit. I sure thought it would be impossible for me to stop, but here I am 22 months tomorrow! And I'm just fine with that! Welcome to this site, and we'll look for you over the the NN! Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

hoping this time....

:welcome: luke! Good for you getting a handle on this at a young age. I wish I had done that! You are not alone here, that's for sure. My thought was like Drifty and 199 - Hoping to stop didn't work for me either. I had to make a plan. And when the plan didn't work, I had to revise the plan. Byrdlady is right - the toolbox is a great place to get ideas for your plan.

You can do this. Why give AL even one more minute of your life??

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

hoping this time....

Thanks for the replys everyone, I'm still AF. Day 6 approaching soon. I'm doing well, staying strong.

I need to be true to myself that alcohol wasn't for me and never will be for me.

Comment

hoping this time....

luke379;1414259 wrote: Thanks for the replys everyone, I'm still AF. Day 6 approaching soon. I'm doing well, staying strong.

I need to be true to myself that alcohol wasn't for me and never will be for me.
              Well done Luke, that acceptance is half the battle.

Welcome to MWO, keep close and join in you will have lots of company on this journey.

Comment

Working...
              X