liver pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

liver pain

How do we ease this? I hiccuped earlier and the pain was unbelievable. Shot through me. thought i might need an ambulance for a minute or two. I drank half ltr of vodka and 4 cans lastnight and its aching like hell.
    The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

liver pain

girly wirly;1415611 wrote: How do we ease this? I hiccuped earlier and the pain was unbelievable. Shot through me. thought i might need an ambulance for a minute or two. I drank half ltr of vodka and 4 cans lastnight and its aching like hell.
    By getting rid of alcohol in your life. There is no easy way.
    You need to get some blood work done to see how much damage has been done. Bugger the fact that you can't see your doctor. The sooner the better.

The liver is a very forgiving organ but you have to give it a chance to heal.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

liver pain

Girly - I really think that you need to see a Doctor. This seems to be getting worse. You said that this has been going on for weeks. I know you said you are scared to see a Doctor but it is time. You are going to end up in the hospital at this rate anyway. You might as well go in now and ask for help.
      I'm really worried about you. :l
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

liver pain

Honey,

I'm not a Dr, but the liver is encapsulated & Dr's will tell you the liver doesn't feel pain, but many of us disagree. It does have reserves & like JC says, it's very forgiving. It could be your pancreas, kidneys, stomach or gallbladder, etc.

I think your in the UK & a Mom. Please ~ please go to the ER they will see you!!!! Plzz tell the truth hun!!! You aren't the first person in the world they've seen. It's your fears that are stopping you, just like I use to be hun!!! Carry us with you in your back pocket, in your heart!!!! Take our hands of hope. Some of us have been thru this!... We've lived thru it, but only by getting help & putting down the poison!!...

Last Holidays by New Years, I could barely get to the grocery store every two wks. I was dieing hun!!!.. I'm almost six months sober & life is good. I'm happier & healthier now. Free, but I have to keep working on it!....

Please swallow your fears, pride & choose life!!! You are worth it!!!... You deserve it hun!!!! :h :l:l:l

Must run now family is coming. I will ck in & know JC, Nora & others will too. You are loved & not alone hun!!! We care!!!

Comment

liver pain

thankyou everyone. i have had three pints earlier and feel yuk. just having a bath then im going to force myself to bed. having a few palpitations too. my gall bladder is removed so i know thats not it. ive been drunk all day at work.
          The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

Comment

liver pain

Girly, JC and Nora are absolutely right. You need to find your way out now, before it's too late. The liver IS very forgiving but it needs your help. I can certainly suggest some remedies to aid the healing but again I'm afraid you won't have much chance if you don't stop now. Are you looking to be a liver transplant candidate? Will that sit well with the lifestyle and image you seem to be "protecting"?

I'm sorry if that sounds harsh. I am truly concerned and this is straight up. You seem to need some sort of intervention. Medical? Psychological? Rehab? All of the above?

Please do some real soul searching and take your life back. Again I can suggest alot of liver rejuvenaters but you must take out the offending factor...ALCOHOL. PLEASE.
            Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

liver pain

It could be your spleen. Unless you sober up long enough to see what your doing to yourself soon, you may run out of options. Alcoholism & problem drinking kills people every single day on this planet. I hope you start taking this serious soon & plzz seek professional help hun. This isn't something to keep toying around with Girly!!!..... But, it's your life..... Drink lots of water..... I believe it's harder on woman's bodies to.

I guess you must be self employed, as I don't understand how you can drink on the job & keep it.

Comment

liver pain

As Wildflowers says, the liver does not feel pain, however the lining that encapsulates it does feel pain - so if you are feeling pain, it will be because your liver has got so very swollen that it has stretched its covering and that is feeling the pain. It has to be pretty swollen to get to be able to do this, so it is time to take care of it, or as RC states transplant will be the only option - but in most places you cannot get a transplant without a good period of total abstinence, please look into doing something to help yourself...
                “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

liver pain

I guess you must be self employed, as I don't understand how you can drink on the job & keep it.

I work in a school. I know, I'm ashamed. Trying to be professional is so hard. I forget by an afternoon what happened first thing in the morning. I'm scared.

Comment

liver pain

Hi Girly,

I echo what everyone else here has said. Get yourself to the ER and tell them what happened. If it is not your liver calling to you, it may be your pancreas. One of my favorite members here, Cinders, perforated her stomach by drinking vodka. She almost died. Thank God she lived to tell us about it.

Do you maybe think this is your bottom, Girly? You also said that you were drunk all day at work. Do you ever think that you might lose your job because you came to work drunk and then drank during work?

Please stop drinking NOW, and drink lots of water with lemon in it...it will help flush the AL out of your system.

Like Wildflowers said, you deserve to be free of AL's chains. You can have a better life if you stop drinking. Please keep us posted and let us know how we can help.

Comment

liver pain

Do you maybe think this is your bottom, Girly? You also said that you were drunk all day at work. Do you ever think that you might lose your job because you came to work drunk and then drank during work?

I don't drink at work. I was still drunk from lastnight :-(

Comment

liver pain

girly wirly;1415644 wrote:
                        I work in a school. I know, I'm ashamed. Trying to be professional is so hard. I forget by an afternoon what happened first thing in the morning. I'm scared.
                        Hun do not waste your energy on shame. You have a problem and obviously, you are not the only one as evidenced by all the peeps in this wonderful community.

Put the emotion into action. Look around at those who've done it and you can too.:l
                        Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

liver pain

could be pancreatitis...very common amongst alcoholics. you should get blood work done asap.
                          10-06-2012

Comment

liver pain

Without wanting to sound trite, Girly, READ your own signature. It is almost like you wrote your own warning for the future.

'The GUT never lies'.......methinks it may be time for rehab, your gut is SCREAMING at you, love.

Please get help !

Comment

liver pain

I have pain in my right shoulder too? Is this a symptom of liver damage ?

Comment

Working...
                              X