why do you suppose...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why do you suppose...

when we quit drinking, we feel the need to tell people at all? i have done it in the past, and this time, i just don't feel the need. what business is it of theirs? i don't particularly care what people besides my close friends and family (who know that i am an alcoholic) think. do you think others should be told? (not that i'm going to tell everyone, just curious as to folk's opinions) :ear:
    10-06-2012

why do you suppose...

Well, I dont shout it from the rooftops, but I dont shy away from the topic either.

If someone asks why I dont drink, I just tell them, I didnt pace myself well, and have probably consumed enough for a lifetime already in a joking manner.

If it goes farther than that I can be serious and tell them the real reason. I am not embarrassed or ashamed of my issue with AL. For the most part, people that knew me, knew I had problems. Kinda half ass proud of making it this far without it.

But I have a tendency to wear my heart on my sleeve........character flaw of mine...
    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

why do you suppose...

bettygirl,

I think some people tell others because they feel they can keep their commitment to abstain when others know that is their goal. Harder to cheat and have that drink with Sally for example, when you shared last week you are no longer drinking. However, it really is not other people's business so I think it's only necessary to share that information if it helps you in some way.

:l
      Eve11
      "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

why do you suppose...

As Eve said it helps me so sod them. Most people don't listen anyway and ten minutes later offer you a drink!

Comment

Working...
        X