Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Full Moon on the Rise

RingingCedars;1416426 wrote: Full Moon Ion Effect

I've always believed the full moon could trigger excessive drinking for me and others. I try to be very conscious of it's cycle as a proactive measure.

I just googled and found this link. Pretty interesting correlation to ions and the effect on our bodies. Particularly this:

Psychological side effects: Emotional unbalance, irritation, vital disinclination, compulsion to meditate, exhaustion, apathy, disinclination or listlessness toward work (poor school achievement), insecurity, anxiety, depression (especially after age forty to fifty), rate of attempted suicide about 20% higher, larger number of admittances to clinics in drug cases.

Physical side effects: disorders in saline (salt) budget with fluctuations in electrolytical metabolism (calcium and magnesium; critical for alcoholics)

I use to know an ER nurse & she said they all got nervous during a full or new moon, due to gravitational pull being closer to the Earth. I know I get edgy during these times. I had a recovery group tell me it was nonsense tho. I disagree.

IAD;1416437 wrote: I agree RC the full moon gives a lot of us some weird ideas ! Ha!
    Too funny! :H

Comment

Full Moon on the Rise

All jokings aside. I do think folks might want to pay attention to the lunar cycle. I've also had conversations with bus drivers, teacher, health care workers, enforcement agents, etc and there is definitely a correlation.
      On the boards I have noticed there are more "disagreements" and "slips" around this time.
      Further investigation reveals the connection to extreme or out of character behaviours occurs just before the full moon.
      Quick read/ebook. Encourage you to read page 6 if nothing else.
      http://www.livingwiththemoon.com/dow...ee%20ebook.pdf
      Be aware and be well.
      Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Full Moon on the Rise

Yes your right RC. We know that the tides of the Ocean are governed by the lunar cycle. We also have noticed a heavy inventory of people at our Hospital's Emergency Wards on a full moon. My dogs also want to eat crap and howl at the moon when it's full ! Ha! (Sorry I just put that one in their for fun....Ha!) It's interesting how the moon effects us all.........Tony
        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
        Dr. Seuss

Comment

Full Moon on the Rise

IAD;1417283 wrote: Yes your right RC. We know that the tides of the Ocean are governed by the lunar cycle. We also have noticed a heavy inventory of people at our Hospital's Emergency Wards on a full moon. My dogs also want to eat crap and howl at the moon when it's full ! Ha! (Sorry I just put that one in their for fun....Ha!) It's interesting how the moon effects us all.........Tony
          I agree with both of you!!!

I always knew I was part wolf & big cat. Maybe a little human too.

Comment

Full Moon on the Rise

As a nurse, we always staffed up in ER on a full moon, and more babies are born at a full moon than on other days....there is definately something that happens at that time of the month:H
            “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Full Moon on the Rise

RC - this is absolutely true!!! I'm always mindful (and respectful) of the moon cycle. It actually explains a whole lot of human behaviour and keeping it in mind I make 'allowances' for 'stuff'.

Love and peace to all!!!
              It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
              Mother Theresa

Comment

Working...
              X