The 40s approaching middle age

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have watched the birthday things at the bottom and the 40's seem to be prominent It seams 41 or 45 or 46 the party is over..just a observation ..seems we alchies wake up together on our 40 th birthday ..in needing to change our habits ..so Im forty something and happy to be changing my life around hope you are too
    Never too late to change

I was 47 living12 when I copped on, Our bodies can take a lot of abuse when were younger but as we move on our whole immune system starts to break down if one does not look after oneself in every way,...Dr mario.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Thanks Doctor Mario:new:

Comment

Yep 46 now, from about 41 onwards I knew I had to stop drinking but kinda continued for a few more years deluding myself that I would magically start drinking less, too late now But I wish I had stopped many years ago, so much time wasted with it and most of it spent Ill or hungover.
        Sober since 13th January 2012

Comment

41 and after many tries at quitting, am doing it this time...i want to see my kid grow up and get old herself.
          10-06-2012

Comment

Yep, descent into hell 41, descent into al hell about 45. Slow climb out since 50. For me was both physical and emotional accumulation killing body and soul. The al numbed for awhile but prevented me from moving on from what I could not for the life of me change.
            Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

I'm 46.
              I do not recall when a bottle of wine every night became the norm. I had questioned my drinking for many,many years but now that I'm middle age with kids, I feel like Dr.Mario, my body was taking a beating and I don't want my kids to think that I was born with a wine glass stuck in my hand....full!
              Ishy

Comment

Just to be different I crashed and burned at 36. 39 now and still picking up the pieces and will be for many years I think.
                I refuse to be labelled or ashamed. Through my struggles I am achieving self awareness and clarity.

Comment

I mostly drank normally until sometime in my late 40's I guess. It was all so gradual, when did I go over the line? I just know that I'm 58 now and done for good.
                  My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

199days;1416714 wrote: Yep 46 now, from about 41 onwards I knew I had to stop drinking but kinda continued for a few more years deluding myself that I would magically start drinking less, too late now But I wish I had stopped many years ago, so much time wasted with it and most of it spent Ill or hungover.
                    Ditto for me 199. I'm 50 now. Time to leave.

PS: I have a weird request, 199. I was so affected by that movie and still am in a really frightening way...sounds absurd I know but any chance of changing your Avatar?

If not, no worries. I'll just try not to look.

Hugs, heart

:l:h
                    On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                    *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Kradle123;1417014 wrote: Ditto for me 199. I'm 50 now. Time to leave.

PS: I have a weird request, 199. I was so affected by that movie and still am in a really frightening way...sounds absurd I know but any chance of changing your Avatar?

If not, no worries. I'll just try not to look.

Hugs, heart

:l:h
                      Hey My fav movie of all time ! Love films esp horror genre That film is still so good today compared to the rubbish churned out.

I will change it in a while, do not like to upset anyone.

Comment

Hi 199'

No doubt about it that it was one of the best films made. Don't know why it affected me so much. I even went to Georgetown , DC to walk Dow the infamous stairs! - its right across the street from a bar by the way :egad:

Thought I could make the film loose it's grip on me but actually made it worse. Just felt chilled and scared even though it was a warm Summer night.

Oh and Do like the occasional horror/ghost film! The omen is one of my favorites though I'd never watch it alone and probably skip the bad bits :H

Your sweet to offer :h
                        On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                        *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                        https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Gonna walk those stairs one day !

Comment

199days;1417019 wrote: Hey My fav movie of all time ! Love films esp horror genre That film is still so good today compared to the rubbish churned out.

I will change it in a while, do not like to upset anyone.
                            I appreciate the change also. Used to love horror flicks in my youth. Whenever I see your avatar I have to scroll down real quick. Freaky it is. :sofa:
                            Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Funny,

I noticed the same thing about there being a lot of people in their 40's here. Myself included.

Comment

Working...
                              X