Personal Post-daughter update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am happy to report that my daughter is doing fine. The soon to be ex-spouse came to Cali and has left early this morning. He was such an ass that she is rather glad to see him go.
    And so will end a rather short chapter in her young life where lessons have been learned. I am very proud of her and am so glad to be here for her at any time.

NO chance of her calling me and me being drunk. Just wonderful

Also it's a beautiful sunny Sunday here in NC and I intend to enjoy it. Life is SO good without alcohol and a fuzzy brain

Love to all

Comment

Well done Ann! I'm sure your little girl loved the fact that you were 'present' during her time of need.

Hugs to you both!
      It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
      Mother Theresa

Comment

Ann Carolina;1416865 wrote: I am happy to report that my daughter is doing fine. The soon to be ex-spouse came to Cali and has left early this morning. He was such an ass that she is rather glad to see him go.
        And so will end a rather short chapter in her young life where lessons have been learned. I am very proud of her and am so glad to be here for her at any time.

NO chance of her calling me and me being drunk. Just wonderful
        You know Ann you are a wise woman & Mom!!!... You knew it was wise on many levels to not say I told you so dear. All you can do now is be there for her like you are. Tho her heart & yours is breaking, somewhere inside, even if it's small to begin with she's likely feeling happy that she didn't waste many yrs, or have children with this fecking immature, selfish ass!!!...

Sorry, I too have seen my own girls, esp 1st born hurt terrible, not marriage but close. It all hits close to home with me. I fear once butthead realizes what a brilliant woman he's losing, he may change his mind. Try & hang on to her. I hope not!!!!....

Another thing the whole wedding fiasco with step mommy & her Dad. Now of course they are a part of her life, but like I said there is no one better than Mom. No one!!!!!... Thankfully, you are sober for her & most importantly you!!!......

You as the wise & good Mother you are, will be there for your beautiful & brilliant daughter!!! She will with your help, get thru & be stronger one day. Happier & wiser!!!

Comment

THANKS

Thanks wildfowers and all! She has made an appt with a counselor next week. He is texting her and saying " I hope you are doing OK."
          I just said tell him to leave you alone. He made his choice and it's time to move on.
          While he was there over the weekend during one conversation about their cell phones he said "STFU". OH MAN! I would have pummeled him senseless.

She's a smart kid and she will be OK. SO glad she is in the Navy and has access to therapy to help her cope.

Peace and love you guys

Ann

Comment

I don't know the full story so glad to hear your daughter is doing well. And you too Ann well done on your sobriety and being there for her.:l

Comment

I love it when good things happen to good people, even if I don't know them. I'm so happy for you and for your daughter Ann. This sounds like the beginning of a very good year for you both.
              ~nurdl
              :notes:
              we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Good news Ann. Much better for the jackass to be gone than cause her more pain and heartache. Wishing you and your daughter all the best :l
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

STFU?? Nice. Not. If your daughter has any second thoughts ask her if she wants an equal in life or a man sized little boy who is rude, cruel, irresponsible and clearly a narcissist. Shouldn't be a difficult decision.

Glad she's doing well and you too Ann.
                  Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

AGRRED

Better that it's 3 months rather than 3 years. She is going to be fine. Bullies like him
                    treat people that way when they CAN, and she certainly is not going to tolerate it.
                    She knows that you teach people how to treat you. Since she has done so well the last couple of years she has learned a lot and grown up a lot.
                    The first thing her father siad to me was that it seemed she was far more mature than he, though he is 4 yrs older.
                    She lives with a very good friend and has her Navy job, and will now get some counseling. She will learn even more about how strong she can be when she needs to be.

Comment

Well he's probably just a scared little boy inside but it isn't her job to be his mother. She's too young and has her own career to be babysitting his emotions and selfish tantrums.
                      Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Working...
                      X