So what has it cost you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what has it cost you?

I'm pretty new around here and I'm sure this has been posted before, but with tax season coming up, a bad economy, ect I decided to try to figure out how much money I've spent on drinking:

This doesn't take into consideration money spent as a result of drinking, which is also considerable.

I'm 57 years old been drinking 365 days a year for about 40 years. I figure I've averaged about $20.00 a day USD spent over that period of time direct cash layout for booze.

40 years of drinking equals 14,600 days of drunkeness, X $20.00 a day and that is:

$292,000.00 That I do not have...

Now the good news is I'm going to get my 200 days of sobriety this year, for a total of $4000.00 saved.

Happy Holidays

B-45

So what has it cost you?

Great post Balboa!

Wild isn't it? I struggle every day to try not to dwell on what could be right now if not for the years of drinking.

Moving forward withour regret can be difficult. The monetary cost is bad enough, but physical and mental health costs? Don't even want to think about it

Comment

So what has it cost you?

Ann Carolina;1416936 wrote: Wild isn't it? I struggle every day to try not to dwell on what could be right now if not for the years of drinking.

Moving forward withour regret can be difficult. The monetary cost is bad enough, but physical and mental health costs? Don't even want to think about it
      I couldn't agree more Ann and B45' especially the 'where would be now' part.

But we all found each other here on MWO for better or for worse and THIS I have never had so... Total community of people who really understand your life, your struggles and it all comes with free therapy!

I think a lot of people don't have that so in that regard I feel incredibly lucky!! Keeps me sane.

:l:h
      On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
      *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

So what has it cost you?

Balboa45;1416916 wrote: I'm pretty new around here and I'm sure this has been posted before, but with tax season coming up, a bad economy, ect I decided to try to figure out how much money I've spent on drinking:

This doesn't take into consideration money spent as a result of drinking, which is also considerable.

I'm 57 years old been drinking 365 days a year for about 40 years. I figure I've averaged about $20.00 a day USD spent over that period of time direct cash layout for booze.

40 years of drinking equals 14,600 days of drunkeness, X $20.00 a day and that is:

$292,000.00 That I do not have...

Now the good news is I'm going to get my 200 days of sobriety this year, for a total of $4000.00 saved.

Happy Holidays

B-45
        Just sickening as we all know!!!... However, you are now on the right path to freedom. Certainly better health, more moolah, & happiness.

Glad your hear B-45 Happy Holidays

Comment

So what has it cost you?

I can't even compute the true amount that alcohol has cost me. Not just the booze and the cigarettes, but the 2 DUI's, medical expenses, and food that I had every intention of cooking but got too drunk and it ended up going to waste.
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

So what has it cost you?

The amount I spent added up like that clock on our National Debt.....:H

I did the math one time......too much to comprehend.....roughly 20 a day(give or take) for about 20 years(give or take)
            Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

So what has it cost you?

Enough to buy my own vineyard.
              Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
              A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Working...
              X