Army Thread... Monday 26th November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning folksies! I?m early starting the thread as it's only 10.30pm Sunday here but oh well.

It?s been bedlam the last couple of days. Thanksgiving, marital squabbles and folk staying at my house (due to said marital squabbles). Holiday season started with a bang this year and not in a good way? gah?

The smoked turkey was OK-ish. I get a bit regretful for the turkeys at Thanksgiving? seems like mass murder really? ( So I had smoked salmon. (I obviously have less pity for the fish? lol) I?m gradually working through the pile of food in my fridge and will be effin glad to get some space in there.

I learned two new games? one is Washers (played in the back yard) and the other is Escoba (a card game). I SUCK at Washers!

I haven?t been reading and I hope all are doing well? will try and get caught up tomorrow? after a good night?s sleep? I am knackered!

Mwah! Happy Monday! xxx

Oh, yeah? Hamish is doing better? fingers crossed that he gets to keep his gnashers. S'laters...

Good night Zennie & good morning all to come.

Good luck for the week ahead, whatever it is you'll have on your schedule.
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Morning Tips and Zenners and all to come.

Early monday morning, dark and ... actually me shutters are still closed so I don't know if it's dark. Could be a bright and beautiful morning out there and here's me under 2 duvets with my early morning cuppajoe being all presumptive that it's actually dark outside. It is cold though.

Zenners - real good to see you back. You've been missed.

Went to see a band last night in Glasgow - The Dirty Three - who are ostensibly The Bad Seeds of Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds... but without Nick Cave. Unruly and unconventional stuff, the Dirty Three are like kids when their folks have left them home alone. And they hate Coldplay and seemingly any musician with the name Paul (Weller, McCartney, Gadd). Fun times.

Comment

Morning army I am off, thanks for all your good thoughts and support, should have brung you all with me for my defence, be good and sober see you all next week.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Good morning Zen ,RC and Bon Voyage Mario!

Comment

Whoops sorry Tips-- My son in Law is in Saffa land at the moment. He is doing a photo shoot in the Capetown area.

Comment

Morning
              P3 off to work
              Have good days everyone x
              I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Morning troops

Arctic conditions in me office this morning !!

Hope everyone is well - good luck Marioman !!

Mrs A - still no news on the bubba ???

RC - hope you're feeling a bit better today

Zenners - sounds like you've been a busy bee - glad yer back - we've missed yer !!

Tipster and Pings - don't work too hard - you know I never do lol

And to all to come - gooood morning
                Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

mollyka;1417141 wrote: GOOD MORNING!!!! Great to see you Zens - and safe journey Mario xx
                  Get outta that bed Arsey and go and teach some posh kids some edumacation :-)
                  Good form here, think I've some energy back - did a bit of a fridge tidy already ---- must be gettin ready for Christmas!!!!
                  Working out the country today - sorta glad of that, and it's a nice girly I'll be working with - so all is gooooood!!
                  How's the rest of youse. Day 3 Questybum yeah??? Now you've a whole week to consolidate that before the weekend. You'll feel so much stronger next weekend - honest!!
                  Yup - day 3 - and itching like mad - literally !!! (I always do on day 3 !!)

God I hope I can make it through till bedtime ...................
                  Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

Good morning Zennifer, Tipperooo, Runners, Mariooooooo, Our Whizzy, Pinguuuuuuuuuuu, Questy, Mollymoo

Quest for the key;1417149 wrote: Yup - day 3 - and itching like mad - literally !!! (I always do on day 3 !!)
                    God I hope I can make it through till bedtime ...................

That itching thing worries me. Have you tried Piriton. Mind you our bodies react in all sorts of strange ways when we're detoxing from alcohol.

Stern headmistressy type head on here............mmmmmmmm did I hear the word hope eh? eh? Change that to planning
                    and you'll go to the top of the class.

Bit late this morning 'cos I had a lush lie in. Had me shower and put me slap on first before logging on. Oooh I'm so in control
                    It could be worse, I could be filing.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Blame Maeve Binchy. I'm reading The Glass Lake and it's keeping me awake 'til all hours. Very easy reading.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Must away have to nip into town before going into work.

Kettle on 6ish please.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning Army!
                          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Zenstyle;1417084 wrote: Good morning folksies! I?m early starting the thread as it's only 10.30pm Sunday here but oh well.

It?s been bedlam the last couple of days. Thanksgiving, marital squabbles and folk staying at my house (due to said marital squabbles). Holiday season started with a bang this year and not in a good way? gah?

The smoked turkey was OK-ish. I get a bit regretful for the turkeys at Thanksgiving? seems like mass murder really? ( So I had smoked salmon. (I obviously have less pity for the fish? lol) I?m gradually working through the pile of food in my fridge and will be effin glad to get some space in there.

I learned two new games? one is Washers (played in the back yard) and the other is Escoba (a card game). I SUCK at Washers!

I haven?t been reading and I hope all are doing well? will try and get caught up tomorrow? after a good night?s sleep? I am knackered!

Mwah! Happy Monday! xxx

Oh, yeah? Hamish is doing better? fingers crossed that he gets to keep his gnashers. S'laters...
                            Howdy Zens, sounds like a busy thanks giving, glad Hamish's nasghers are ganna be okay

mollyka;1417141 wrote:
                            GOOD MORNING!!!! Great to see you Zens - and safe journey Mario xx
                            Get outta that bed Arsey and go and teach some posh kids some edumacation :-)
                            Good form here, think I've some energy back - did a bit of a fridge tidy already ---- must be gettin ready for Christmas!!!!
                            Working out the country today - sorta glad of that, and it's a nice girly I'll be working with - so all is gooooood!!
                            How's the rest of youse. Day 3 Questybum yeah??? Now you've a whole week to consolidate that before the weekend. You'll feel so much stronger next weekend - honest!!
                            Hiya Mollers, hows u and the Joes?
                            I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
                            Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Molls, me and Mrs P r fine just busy with uni work nd that and working but were good, damn the shower taking pride over ya new bath
                              I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.
                              Audrey Hepburn

Comment

Working...
                              X