Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scottish Lass has 30 days Alcohol Free!

Excellent!
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Congratulations Scottish Lass!! Well done!!

Comment

Scottish Lass, I canna help but hearin' your acceptance speech with a wee bit o' the mother tongue shinin' through. We're all so proud to know you.
        ~n
        :notes:
        we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

CONGRATS SL!!!!!
          Awesome job, keep it going

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

:yay: CONGRATS SL
            AF Since July 27, 2012:jumpin:

"Don?t be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It?s okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things. Never give up."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FS...e_gdata_player

Comment

Scottish Lass,

Cutting and pasting a piece of what I wrote today on another thread as it applies to you girlfriend!

Have you ever seen the optical illusion of the old lady and the beautiful young woman in the same picture? Go here to see it: Young Girl and Old Woman Optical Illusion

Usually your eye sees only one – either the old lady or the beautiful girl. But as you study the picture you realize that they are both in the picture. Hint if you are having trouble: The old woman is looking to the left with her chin to her chest and the young girl is looking away from the viewer over right shoulder. The nose of the old woman forms the chin of the young girl!

Sometimes I think recovery is like this optical illusion. I believe we can have a paradigm shift when we start seeing ourselves as nondrinkers and no longer view ourselves as out of control with drinking.
              :grouptrophy:Congratulations on your paradigm shift scottishlass!

:l
              Eve11
              "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Congratulations, my fellow Californian (even with your Scottish brogue). Love that you are enjoying the time with your daughters. GREAT accomplishment - glad we're in this together.

Cat:groupluv:
                "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Fantastic job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :h:h
                  "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

You are now a winner!
                    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Hiya,

Many many congratulations on your 30 days.

Much love Flossie xx
                      Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Comment

Thank you so very much for all the commnets, wishes etc - some people who I truly respect and look up to have taken the time to acknowledge this small achievement, and so many people who have had a large part in getting me - poking and prodding, laughing and commiserating, answering questions and giving encouragment - to this stage, I appreciate each and everyone of you, thank you from the bottom of my heart, from all of my liver and from my wonderful girls who are enjoying their mother without really knowing why!!:thanks:
                        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Well done Scottishlass, keep it going forward :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Congratulations Scottish Lass! I'm thrilled for you.
                            ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Oh man, Im gonna need help keeping up with all these success threads.............somehow I just saw this one.............:goodjob::new:

Attached files [img]/converted_files/1996400=6929-attachment.jpg[/img]
                              Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Ahhhhh, my star, will stop sulking now! Happy girl again :H Thanks Nelz :thanks:
                                “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Working...
                                X