Welcome all Moms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome all Moms

Thanks for checking in Raven....I sure hope it goes well for you and your family.
    Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Welcome all Moms

Hi Ladies,

I have not been around much lately, have been managing my own personal issues. Wanted to bring up a new topic for you. How much to share with your children? I have a six year old and just turned nine year old boy. Very bright boy. He is highly empathatic. He knows I am going through a lot with his dad who is very controlling and angry. He adores me. I don't want to play up on that but sometimes its easy to say "isn't Dad mean"

How much do you share with your little ones? Where are the boundaries? I know I need support but getting this from my son I know isn't right? But how do I let him know that Dad's assualts are not fair? What are your experiences ladies?

Comment

Welcome all Moms

Hey Raven, I know the temptation to seek validation from your children can be strong but don't do it. You show him/them the situation is wrong by not tolerating it. You establish the boundaries. It may not be the easy way or end in the results you want but what does it show your children to make excuses for it or be a martyr? I don't know how far your husband will go so how you do this is going to be your call. I highly suggest you get into a counselor for yourself and your children even if your husband will not go. Hiding his control and anger issues will never serve any of you well. It is a bigger picture that can be hard to see when you are in the midst of it. Go safely lady.:l
        Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Welcome all Moms

RingingCedars;1431063 wrote: Hey Raven, I know the temptation to seek validation from your children can be strong but don't do it. You show him/them the situation is wrong by not tolerating it. You establish the boundaries. It may not be the easy way or end in the results you want but what does it show your children to make excuses for it or be a martyr? I don't know how far your husband will go so how you do this is going to be your call. I highly suggest you get into a counselor for yourself and your children even if your husband will not go. Hiding his control and anger issues will never serve any of you well. It is a bigger picture that can be hard to see when you are in the midst of it. Go safely lady.:l
          I agree 100% with RC. Please seek out counseling honey. I did & many of us have had to. It will benefit all of you!!!.... :l

Comment

Working...
          X