long time but i am good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

long time but i am good

Hi everyone, it has been a while since i have checked in. Things have been pretty good. i thought of you all tonight because a couple of weeks ago i finally finished my court ordered community service and tonight i went back and volunteered at the same place on my own time. it is a totally different feeling knowing you are not "made to do it" though i really enjoyed it either way. i am coming up on 10 months without a drink. my husband lost his job a couple of months ago and that has been rough. looks like we are going to have to file bankruptcy but i just look at it as starting over in every aspect i guess. i am sure he will find another in the new year. i hope everyone is doing well and i will try to log on more to catch up. got some good stories about my mother and how she thinks i am a goody two shoes since i am sober and she is still a drunk. oh well.
    I must suppress the beast within so I can find my way out of the darkness.
    sober since 2/4/12

long time but i am good

Great to see you Star. You sound good. Sorry about your husbands job though. That's really great that you have gone back & volunteered when you didn't have to.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

long time but i am good

Well done you.....cant wait to be you!

You prove the point that crap still happens but it doesn't need to be numbed by drinking

May you have many happy sober years and the best of luck

KY

Comment

long time but i am good

Star!!!!!! How absolutely wonderful to see you!!!! I often thought of you and I'm so pleased to hear that things are kind of ok. Sorry that some parts of your life are a bit challenging. But, that's how life goes. It's so much easier handling life's challenges alcohol free.

Keep on keeping on, and before you know it you will be a whole year AF!!!

Hugs, Nicey.
        It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
        Mother Theresa

Comment

long time but i am good

Hey there SF....I remember ya!

Wonderful to hear about your 10 months of AF, especially under such trying time, but (I love it when I get to say this) I can actually "hear" the strength in your post, feel the power you have harnessed.

Way to go you :goodjob:

You are so close to that one year mark you can taste it, keep reaching for it
          Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

long time but i am good

So good to "see" you Star! And sounding so positive in spite of all you are going thru....
            “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

long time but i am good

Hey Star

So good to hear from you! And happy to hear about your success; you will be at a whole year soon! WONDERFUL!
              And I would love to hear the story about your mom. People who drink sometimes can't stand it when you stop. It's interesting.

Comment

long time but i am good

Hi Star - how far you've come. You sound great! I'm sorry too to hear about your husband's job. I hope he finds another soon. Nice to hear from you
                You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

long time but i am good

Hi Star

I agree with Nelz, you sound very strong! Congrats on the 10 months, I hope to be there in a few months. Good luck to your husband on the job front - my husband was layed off as well and he's found some part-time work, nothing steady yet, but I'm sure they will both find something soon.
                  AF since 6JUN2012

Comment

long time but i am good

Star ..well done on your 10 months..despite all the bad things.. you have stayed strong.....:goodjob::wd:
                    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

long time but i am good

Good for you! It sounds like if you made it through the past few months you can make it through anything. Complacency strikes sometimes though, never let your guard down.
                      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

long time but i am good

I'm proud of you Star. Well done!

Comment

long time but i am good

Glad to see you Star & to hear you are doing so well, Congrats on your AF time!
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                          X