Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Mother_IN_LAW

Simey,
    I know this isnt meant to be a funny thread, but I cant help but crack up at the funny side of this. Maybe its because she sounds so much like my MIL. Only my MIL does not smoke and is not bad with her finances. But my husband is her favorite son (she told him so) and is also successful. She lets him know all the time what kind of car she wants if he ever "wants to buy her one" etc. It makes me nauseated. She is a decorator and loves to snoop around my house every time she comes over and "thump" everything to see if it is real wood, or what brand my furniture is. She then suggests what she thinks I ought to do to "compliment" my decorating, etc. She is the most critical person I know to me and my kids, but when she talks to my husband this sick baby voice comes out. If she ever comes to live with us I will definitely be making the rules and she wont like them! The funniest part is, she looks JUST like the MIL (or mother) on "Everybody Loves Raymond". People tell her that too and she gets so offended! (I think its hysterical) Anyway, hang tight and sorry to whine along with you... I agree with the others... it would be less expensive to help them out than to add on and have them live with you. If they do, make the rules and they probably wont stay long!
    What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

My Mother_IN_LAW

PS...RUN AWAY!
      Control the Mind

Comment

My Mother_IN_LAW

Good advice Rocky, God bless you for what your doing with your in laws. Allie you made me laugh. I am an interior designer. my MIL's husband used to be an artist and she gives me 'art" advice. She looks like a heavy Shirley McClain and makes this twisted face when she speaks to me. When my husband is angry they look like twins.
        M

Comment

My Mother_IN_LAW

Do yourself a favor....get them an apartment. That is more than generous of you and they have been paying some sort of bills so you shouldn't have to take on the entire financial burden. Mostly though girl, you gotta stay sane! Tell them God told you to help them find an apartment...HA

Comment

My Mother_IN_LAW

Alert - Alert... mother-in-law from hell!

I just read your other thread first. Simey, you are not whining... she sounds... stupid (is the only descriptive I can come up with before my morning coffee).

Perhaps your husband could drop a few hints about his parents NOT coming to live with you... in advance!

A mother talking to her adult son in a baby voice just makes me cringe and want to hurl, all at once. lol

Good luck my friend and keep us posted.

Doo
            :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

My Mother_IN_LAW

simeybear;105402 wrote: Good advice Rocky, God bless you for what your doing with your in laws. Allie you made me laugh. I am an interior designer. my MIL's husband used to be an artist and she gives me 'art" advice. She looks like a heavy Shirley McClain and makes this twisted face when she speaks to me. When my husband is angry they look like twins.
              M
              :H :H :H
              :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

My Mother_IN_LAW

Oh I feel for you!

My hubby comes from a huge family who only socialize among themselves. It's bizarre. I almost view them as a cult! And the biggest bunch of PHONIES! My MIL is their leader! Nice as pie to your face-psycho shower scene behind your back.

I DREAD any social parties with these people. Christmas-don't get me started. It's always at my sister in law's who luvs to show off. This past Christmas I had a horrid ear infection & lost my voice-that was the highlight of my Christmas Day put it that way.

Hang in there. I feel for you. I think this is the time to ask for some divine intervention!
                :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X