Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Hit's just keep on coming

M,
    Since the house doesn't belong to you, you could say that you don't feel right about inviting others to share. You know...insurance and stuff like that.
    And if that works....I'll drive down with Lush! ;o)

Nancy
    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

This is your husband's sister? I think that he should be the one who gets to tactfully tell her "maybe next time".....
      AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Young, He should tell her,but she emails me because I am the soft touch. My husband is brutally candid/blunt and I don't want him to hurt her feelings. I emailed her last night and told her that it was not possible. But perhaps she could bring the children down and spend a quality week at our home. we live in the Shenadoah Valley area of Va. Lots of activities. We'll see
        Thanks all for suggestions and caring
        M

Comment

Oh by the way, she hasn't emailed me back. I just hate saying no and hurting people's feelings.

Comment

Just say NO!

"We have planned this very special time to be alone together"

You and your brother can plan another time together....
            Control the Mind

Comment

Oh Simey,

Maybe your husband has had to learn to be brutal to deal with her!! I'm glad that you tactfully e-mailed her, though. Most of us hate to hurt other peoples' feelings, and we end up drinking to stuff our own feelings instead! If you are going to be in the middle, learning to say "NO" will be essential for your mental health. Good for you for making this beginning! Bravo!
              AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

You did the right thing. You are trying to better yourself. Stop feeling guilty....she is an adult. If she continually choses the wrong men, that is not your fault. Unfortunately, part of being an adults means taking control of your own actions. You should not suffer because she made bad choices. Offering your home for a vacation was more than kind enough. Enjoy your hubby and the beach!!!!

Comment

Hi Simey,
                  Once you say "no" for the first time you'll never go back! I know, I was a "yes" person for many years, it's so much more liberating being truthful about your feelings. Just remember you are entitled to this peaceful trip with your husband and dog there's nothing terrible about that.
                  Colorado Chick!
                  Your support means the world to me...:h

Comment

Working...
                  X