• Time
  • Show
Clear All

KUYA HAS 90 AF DAYS!!

Congrats, kuya!
    Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
    A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

KUYA HAS 90 AF DAYS!!

Kuya,
      This quote is spot on for you ~ with a little twist especially for you.

Better to sleep with a sober cannibal than a drunken (Christian :H).

HERMAN MELVILLE, Moby Dick

A big congrats to you and also a bigger thanks for all of your help over on my side of the world.

:l
      Eve11
      "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

KUYA HAS 90 AF DAYS!!

woo hoo kuya!
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

KUYA HAS 90 AF DAYS!!

Congratulations Kuya!!! xx
          AF since 9 May 2012
          Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

KUYA HAS 90 AF DAYS!!

Congrats Kuya!!! That's awesome...

Comment

KUYA HAS 90 AF DAYS!!

YAY KUYA

You go! Great news! 90 days! WOO HOO!!!

Comment

KUYA HAS 90 AF DAYS!!

Awesome job my friend! Well done KY and you've helped so many, including me in a very kind way. Thank you! This thread is testament to how much you're loved and respected :l:l Attached files [img]/converted_files/1995072=7212-attachment.jpg[/img]
                You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

KUYA HAS 90 AF DAYS!!

WOW ......thank you all

Mama, Sunbeam, RC, BYRDIE, Chops, Flossie, Ally, Eve, Pauly, Janice, Zen, AnnC, and Freefly .....who have added their congrat since I went to sleep.
                  This means SO much in these early days, a rite of passage so to speak.

The fact is getting sober is the easy bit, staying sober takes patience, courage and community. This is a true community because, no matter what your idiosyncrasies, the support is always here.

I have said it before, but want to repeat it because I believe it so strongly

WE ARE HUMAN BEINGS WITH ALCOHOL PROBLEMS, NOT ALCOHOLICS WITH PROBLEMS CAUSED BY DRINKING

MWO has helped me regain my self esteem and DEAL with the problem rather than write myself off as a disease.

The significance of this altered thinking is enormous and why this place works.

Comment

KUYA HAS 90 AF DAYS!!

Very well done Kuya.......jumped in both feet and no looking back, you are just kicking it in the azzzzzzz!
                    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

KUYA HAS 90 AF DAYS!!

Kuya I am so adding that to my signature right this very minute. You have hit the nail on the head for me. We are human beings and that's why I have such a hard time with the AA "hi my name is and I'm an alcoholic" I will not label myself as such. Wowzer. Gotta go type this one in.
                      ~nurdl
                      :notes:
                      we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

KUYA HAS 90 AF DAYS!!

Hi Kuya,

In addition to congratulations, I offer my thanks for all your inspiration. You just did it again - rewriting that affirmation, we are humans ......... not a disease. I'm so blessed to count you as a MWO buddie. So, adding my shout out here in addition to the other threads:

:rockband:

Dance like no one is watching, cause sober you don't care! you rock!

Cat
                        "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

KUYA HAS 90 AF DAYS!!

Thanks Nelz. ( I still think the Shetland pony joke was funny....but I'm nuts :H)

Nurdl and Cat ..... What an amazing pair you are. It takes a change of mind to change your life ....... You two have changed your minds.......never look back :h

Comment

KUYA HAS 90 AF DAYS!!

Aww ... Kuya. You have encouraged all this positivity and love. I'm glad to be one of your MWO buddies too.
                            :notes:
                            we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

KUYA HAS 90 AF DAYS!!

Many congratulations 90 days is fab!

Comment

KUYA HAS 90 AF DAYS!!

Thanks Anon..... That baby here yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X