Army Thread Friday 30th November 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like the sleep fairy has a night off once a week as I'm awake again at silly o'clock, still it's nice to be able to start the thread.

Just had a peek out the windows and it's very frosty.Cars are all nicely iced up so the world will shortly be hearing a loud and continuous spraying of de-icer, scraping of wind screens and moaning of the poor buggers who have got to go to work............

.........but that's not me. I'm off today
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Good morning JC & all to come

I can't imagine having to de-ice my car's windscreen. We have a little frost about 3 times during winter.

I'm sooooooooooooooooooo glad it's Friday. Not particulalry excited about the team build / social that's happening tomorrow, but it's only for a few hours. At least the cubs are done with their year-end exams, so the moaning and groaning will be easing up.

Have a lekker Friday, everyone!
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Morning you two and all to come

Freezing here too Jackie. Brrrrr!!!

Comment

Morning hun and Reccybear, hun.
        Hopefully when everything quiets down we might get to see more of you. Don't half miss you.

Oh and full reportage of cubs exam results, please.

Did ya see the quick edit there?
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

That was a lightning-fast edit, JC :H

Morning Wreccie

They get their report cards next week Friday, JC. Especially the eldest had better bring home the goods - each night he told me that he was done studying. My standard response was that "we'll see." And yes, we shall see!
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1419193 wrote: Did ya see the quick edit there?
            Yep...but you were very quick though! What've you got planned for today? I might do some housekeeping on my laptop. Do you think 500 is too many websites to have in your favourites?

Comment

Recluse;1419195 wrote: . Do you think 500 is too many websites to have in your favourites?
              Cheeses twice!!!

Lemme see... You invited 780 of your closest friends to your last birthday party?
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Ha never mind lightening fast edits how about a very early multi-quote

tiptronic_ct;1419194 wrote: That was a lightning-fast edit, JC :H

Morning Wreccie

They get their report cards next week Friday, JC. Especially the eldest had better bring home the goods - each night he told me that he was done studying. My standard response was that "we'll see." And yes, we shall see!
                They'll be great. He'll be 17 soon. Last two years coming up can't get much more senior in senior school.

Recluse;1419195 wrote:
                Yep...but you were very quick though! What've you got planned for today? I might do some housekeeping on my laptop. Do you think 500 is too many websites to have in your favourites?
                I have to admit to probably the same (I've just been and looked) I have the Xhosa phrasebook as one of many.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1419198 wrote: Cheeses twice!!!

Lemme see... You invited 780 of your closest friends to your last birthday party?
                  :H:H:H

JackieClaire;1419199 wrote:
                  I have to admit to probably the same (I've just been and looked) I have the Xhosa phrasebook as one of many.
                  I sometimes need a phrasebook to understand our Irish and Scottish friends, never mind the Saffa one!

Comment

Alrighty, folksies - I have to be off. My official day kicks off at 7.30. I've told the guy I'm meeting with that I'll take him for coffee at Seattle Coffee Co, though. I refuse to give up my early-morning latte for things like meetings
                    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1419199 wrote:

They'll be great. He'll be 17 soon. Last two years coming up can't get much more senior in senior school.

You're a year ahead of yourself He turns 16 in January.

Recluse;1419201 wrote:

I sometimes need a phrasebook to understand our Irish and Scottish friends, never mind the Saffy one!

Alrighty - now I'm really off.
                      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1419205 wrote: You're a year ahead of yourself He turns 16 in January.

Alrighty - now I'm really off.
                        Well tell him he's going to have to get very very good marks and skip a year so I don't look an eejit.

Have a good day.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Morning Jc reccie tipps and all to come. Sleep fairy left me early too. Was watching tv till 1am and awake at 6am. Just fed cats and having a coffee. Very cold and frosty here also. Have a fab friday.:cat::cupajoe:

Comment

Morning JC,tips,reccie and foxy!

No baby but sounds like this are moving now. I am going away tomorrow so she had better have the baby today or she will not have her mother as midwife!

Comment

Mornin Army. Left my Christmas Party SOBER last night.
                              First time EVER in my adult life. Drove
                              home on my own from town :yay:
                              Chuffed to bits with meself.
                              THANK YOU ARMY - you did that :h

Comment

Working...
                              X