EXPECTED TO DRINK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EXPECTED TO DRINK

I have a work trip coming up to Florida, with a guy who is known to drink a lot after work. Today I was discussing the trip with another colleague, and telling him about the hotel on the beach where we will be staying.
    He made the comment that the guy with me likes to go out ( we had discussed this guy's "going out " a few weeks ago. I told him today that I will not be going out with the guy and that there are several great restaurants in walking distance.
    He said well you could go and have a couple of drinks and then tell hiim you need to go. (I cancelled my rental car since we are on the same flights in and out) I said NO I am NOT going out with him. There is work to do and I need to learn a bunch of stuff. So then he says WELL if you are hung over you are only there to watch him anyway. I repeated AGAIN-I am NOT going out anywhere with him. My obligation is to work, learn and that is it. I have no obligation to socialize with this guy and drink. AT ALL.

Hell! How many times do I have to say it-NO drinking? But then again it's my own fault
    that I am/was known as a drinker. I've been with the company for a LONG time and have been to MANY alcohol-fueled functions.
    I'm not worried about it. Though I live 2 hours from the shore I never go. I intend to chill out and have some good seafood and learn all I can. And that's it

EXPECTED TO DRINK

hi ann,some good seafood sounds waaay better than some drinks anyways!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

EXPECTED TO DRINK

Ann, I could have written that post! The company I work for is based in Florida and it seems sometimes that are meetings are a drinking endurance test! And I was right in there with them! The first one I went on, I had Lolab's phone number programmed in my phone just in case. I didn't use it, but was glad I had it...it was like I had someone in my corner....I'll give you my number to take. There are very few who don't drink at all at my company...I don't care who drinks and stays out all hours anymore because I won't be one of them! If I go back up to the room at 9 or 9:30 I find I haven't missed a thing but the same old war stories. If I can do it, I know you can too! Stick to your guns, the others will be jealous because they are still fighting it. Hugs and love, your fellow NC'er!!! XO, B
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

EXPECTED TO DRINK

Ann..ever heard the saying expect the unexpected???youre expected to drink...the answer is easy...
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

EXPECTED TO DRINK

tell em to fuck OFF and stick to your guns. Be selfish for once!!!!!!! you are the most important person and don't be ashamed of that Ann..you are beautiful and no one can take that from you

Comment

EXPECTED TO DRINK

Thanks

Thanks for the replies. And Byrd yeah I should take your number.
            My addicitve voice has already said just don't take antabuse for a while and have a few beers on the beach. Uh,,,NO! Thanks but NO THANKS!

I will be up early and clear-headed, and learning the complex system I need to learn.
            Every trip no longer means drinking and madness. I HATE to admit it but I think that several years ago there was a time when I was drunk and invited this same guy to my room. EMBARASSING. But that was then and this is now.

Comment

EXPECTED TO DRINK

That is embarrasing! no wonder hes trying to get you all liquored up again,the perv(just kidding) youll do good,i know it.
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

EXPECTED TO DRINK

Hey Pauly

No he would not expect me to drink, it was a discussion with a guy who works with both of us.
                The guy I will be working with does not like me, and I think he thinks I'm incompetent. All the more reason to be as professional as possible. He's known to yammer about people to higher-ups. I'm not taking any chances with this.

Comment

EXPECTED TO DRINK

He's known to yammer about people to higher-ups. I'm not taking any chances with this...one of those that cant do his own job..but covers his shortfalls by grassing everyone else up...hmmm met a few of those in my time
                  af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

EXPECTED TO DRINK

AC,

You sound strong and committed. Let us know how it goes.

I'm with you.

Juja:l
                    "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Working...
                    X