Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - December 2012

Welcome to the December thread!!

I am taking my life One Step at a Time. Hope to have you all join me.....:welcome:

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

I'm still at I'm trying to do it. But I like that one because it't not boastful and arrogant, as I can fail at any moment's notice. So all my life, I'm going to stay at the "trying" step.

I love that diagram, btw! Gonna show it to my son tomorrow when I force him to play a new song on the piano .... Wanna bet he'll be at step 0?
    Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
    A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

I LOVE the diagram Nora!!!

I hope December is kind to us all. Personally, I have an issue with the Christmas holidays. I'm a Grinch! December has not been a good month for me since 2008 so I hope this one is going to break the trend!

Pinch punch first of the month, white rabbits, and stuff...... xxx

Comment

I guess I'm at the "I did it" step, but I think "I'm doing it" is a better phrase. Complacency is always the enemy, I keep going back to my recovery list regularly, making sure I'm engaging in and thinking about all of the things that enable my abstinence. 90 days for me today.
        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Great diagram, Nora.

I suppose I'm on the 3rd step, and believe in the rest of the steps.

What's wrong with me?:upset: I can't get my head around anything anymore, and most of the time I feel like I'm going to fly apart. AL isn't the answer, I know. I don't imbibe everyday, nor to excess, but I still do, and hate it. Again, what's wrong with me?

On my way home from work last night I said no as I passed the store. I got home and DH had bought me a little box of chardonnay. I was delighted, and now I'm sorry.

I'm going for a AF December, dammit, and one step at a time. Today, I will ask DH not to buy me wine.
          "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Zenstyle;1419886 wrote: I

Personally, I have an issue with the Christmas holidays. I'm a Grinch! December has not been a good month for me since 2008 so I hope this one is going to break the trend!

Pinch punch first of the month, white rabbits, and stuff...... xxx
            I'm with you, Zen. I wish I weren't like that, but I am. Too many stimuli and expectations for this introvert. I think it's one of the reasons I'm feeling overwhelmed.

I always loved Thanksgiving best because it was calm, and lasted a day. That lovely celebration has been bypassed by the retailers, and those who've been snookered by them.

May I ask what happened in 2008? You don't have to say, if you'd rather not.

AND, what the heck does your last sentence mean???? I have to know.
            "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Juja, good for you that you are planning (not hoping) for an af December. Eve 11 has been posting daily inspirations for 30 af days under the monthly moderation section, it is a great resource.
              You already don't want to drink, so it sounds like you are ready. There is nothing wrong with you except for an alcohol addiction. It also is not easy to scrape together the resolve for quitting. You will probably need to keep going back to the tool box thread under monthly abstinence to find the strategies that will work for you.
              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Thanks, Sunny. I will check out Eve's list, and go back to the toolbox. I want to do this!

Comment

Yes, Eve has a great list in the modders section, Juja!
                  Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Morning peeps...think of sobriety as a great Christmas present...
                    I remember the pinch, pinch white rabbit stuff from last year, but I cannot remember what it means!!
                    Doing laundry, chores,etc
                    typical Saturday....with no hangover
                    I was missing my buddy AL last night for a bit after the crapy day I had, but I chose to watch Netflix instead.
                    bacinabit
                    must force teenagers to clean

oh....I think we are going to see "Lincoln" tonight...he is my hero and anything Steven Speilberg does is always great!
                    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Morning, everyone:

Work today until 3, then driving to Vegas to see a friend I haven't seen in 6 years. Man, I was 30 lbs lighter! She probably won't even recognize me!

But I got a treadmill yesterday. Gonna start a healthier lifestyle now I've got the alcohol under control. Going to skip dinner except social events, treadmill at least 10 minutes preferably 20 minutes at least 3 times a day, Just typing this is making me tired!!!
                      Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Ally,

I starting anew as well!:H I pulled out my Weight Watchers food tracker booklet, scales, and calculator, and began the day with a healthy breakfast, recording each point.

I'm here because I'm procrastinating going outside and clearing the flower beds, but I'm going to do it for the physical activity! I think I'll be having Aleve tonight instead of AL.uchy:

Mama,

Get those kids cleaning! My mother did.:H

Comment

hey juja: want to me weight loss partner? what do you think? 1 lb per week or 2 lbs per week? should we start a thread to keep us motivated and check in everyday?
                          Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Gosh, Ally, I don't know. What if I let you down? What the heck, I'll give it a try. I'll aim for a pound a week. Start the thread, buddy.:l

I did work in the yard. I was out there for 2 1/2 hours, pulling, bending,lifting, cutting, and dragging the stuff onto a pile. I'm proud of my efforts, but paying for it--ice pack on my lower back as I type. Aleve's been taken.

I can't believe I've let myself get into such poor shape.

I'll watch for the thread.

Comment

I received my first Christmas gift of the season. For the past 2 years my neighbor would give me his Wine Spectator magazines. I would sometimes read them but mostly I took them because he doesn't recycle and I do. It just bugged me that he would throw out the magazines, so I would recycle them for him. Well today he came over with a big stack of magazines and an envelope inside the top one. You can probably guess it was my very own subscription to Wine Spectator Magazine. Happy Holidays to me. What the f do I do with this now? :H
                              my husband just looked at me and laughed
                              ~n
                              :notes:
                              we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Working...
                              X