One Step at a Time - December 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Roz, welcome! I read that you are a teacher, a group that includes some of my favorite people. To be an effective teacher, you have to be optimistic about the future. We all want to support you in that future.
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Welcome Roz!!!!:welcome: Glad to see you here. I haven't read your thread yet but heading over there now.

Ally - I agree. If you need to talk, we are all here for you. :l

Juja - I'm sorry that you're down too. We're here for you too!

Mama - I guess boring is better than the way it was. :l I know what you mean about spending the money. Same here - paid and it's gone the same day. :upset::upset:

Zen - how are the supplements working?

Where is Nurdl and Dottie and Paula? Has Sun stopped by lately? Who else is missing here? Off to read for a bit and then I'll be back. I think a lazy day sounds good for me!!!!
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

x-post Sun! Good to see you - how are you feeling???
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi Nora and Mama,
          I'm good, just busy with seasonal stuff. Just got a bunch of cards done, and I got my gardening column done: Christmas gifts for gardeners. We are leaving in a minute to see an historic house with lots of decorated Christmas trees in it.
          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Quiet around here today. I went to the 99 cent store & the market then came home & took a long nap. I'm really sorry that so many are feeling down lately. It's such a stressful time of year and it should be a wonderful time. It's turned into such a commercialized time. Sad.

I came across such a wonderful site today. It's called Playing for Change. It is wonderful music from around the world. If you have time, please take a look at it.
            Playing for Change
            Playing for Change is a multimedia movement created to inspire, connect, and bring peace to the world through music. The idea for this project arose from a common belief that music has the power to break down boundaries and overcome distances between people. No matter whether people come from different geographic, political, economic, spiritual or ideological backgrounds, music has the universal power to transcend and unite us as one human race. And with this truth firmly fixed in our minds, we set out to share it with the world.
            Well - back to my reading. I'm half way thru The Girl that Played with Fire (Book 2 of the series).
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Monring loves...gloomy Sunday here....perfect day for ironing!
              I'll click on your link Nora
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

ps....I made a yummy coconut flan pie yesterday
                Bret is being sweet again.....and editing his comments....which I notice and appreciate
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Mornin' all,

Rainy here all night, and this a.m., too. Rain hitting our metal roof was last night's lullaby. DH still snoring away.

Still feeling quiet.

Love,
                  Patty
                  "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Morning all...probably afternoon where you all are...or night time for Paula.

I hope that everyone has a much better day today. Watch a movie that you love. Read a book. Meditate. Play a game. Hug your spouse, children, pets, stuffed animals and most importantly - hug yourself. Do something for yourself, something that will make you feel better. :l
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

This time of year is always hard for me. No kids and all the fuss just makes me want to sleep unitl Jan 2nd.
                      Went to dads today to get the mail and there were 3 messages on his machine. He was calling home to have my mother tell me to come get him...mother has been dead almost 4 years...he sounded so sad and pathetic...My emotions are all over the map. I am stressed to the max...we have a care conference tomorrow...and the support group start next week too.....I need some relief....
                      Dottie
                      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Oh Dottie - I am so very sorry. I just can't even imagine what you are going thru. My heart just breaks for you. I have friends that have gone thru it with their Dad's and I have seen their pain. But neither one of them were dealing with it alone like you are. My thoughts are with you. Please keep us posted. :l
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

thanks nora!
                          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Oh, Dottie, that's heartbreaking. All you can do is make your father feel as safe and comforted as possible, and take care of yourself. That's my paltry two cents. I don't know what else to say. Here's a hug for you-- a big, warm, comforting hug.:l

Nora, your advice was spot on. I think I'll hug my husband.

All family is coming home this weekend. We thought we were going to help elderly father with packing up stuff in the basement, per his request. The basement is huge, with stuff everywhere. Plus, it was slightly flooded, so mold and mildew are growing.

However, he's changed his mind for the 3rd time, saying he has too much paperwork down there to go through (70's, 80's, 90's). We go round and round and round. I'm begging my siblings to let it be. I've asked that have a good time with some laughs, and worry about it later. There's no hurry, and no need to upset him. He's a very difficult man.

He's reduced his living quarters to two rooms, in a 2400 sq ft house, and refuses to turn on the furnace. He has tablecloths hanging in doorways, to cordon off the rest of the house, and wears heavy clothing to stay warm. I wish something would end it all.

Please let this month be over. I did put a lighted wreath on the door, so I feel better.
                            "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

thanks juja
                              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Oh Juja - I am so sorry. Are you the only one that lives near him? It is so hard with our parents getting older. My brother lives near my parents & my husbands sister lives near their Dad. I was just talking to my brother last month & thanking him for being there. I know it's not easy.
                                I hope that your siblings listen to you. It's important now to just enjoy the time. I'm sorry that he's a difficult man. We are lucky in that my parents are wonderful. It's hard with my FIL sometimes but it's ok.
                                Big hugs to everyone. So hard right now. :l:l:l:l
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X