One Step at a Time - December 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Juja....men can be such pigs....coud you not qualify for medicaid or medicare?? Sorry...I know nothing about them. Plus, if you got divorced or sperated, wouldn't he have to provide you with insurance??
    Oh Paula...the flu is going around here...I am so sorry you are sick sweetie
    at work...no one to fire today!!
    kisses to all
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

my sweet FIL has Parkinsons as well.....

Comment

HELLOOOOO EVERYONE!

Sorry I have been AWOL lately...partly because I've been focusing on getting a new job and partly because I have been one big grump. I am mentally doing much better today. My interview was Friday and I feel good about it. I sent a follow up (kiss ass) letter to the Police Chief yesterday just to keep my name fresh in his mind. Now I just have to wait. I keep telling myself "You still rock girl, you got into the top 8 out of over 120 that applied!" Now I just need to actually get the darn job.

Ok, enough about me. I must catch up with you all...I am so out of the loop and I miss you horribly! I promise to be around more.

Mama - Sorry there's no one to fire today. Maybe you could just hire me? LOL

Love ya'll!
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Gosh, this holiday season has really sucked for everyone. Sorry to hear everyone's problems.
          Paula: hope you get better soon.... Stay away from the winter bugs...
          Dottie: poor dad. It's just so hard. But it's really harder for the caregiver than the patient themselves sometimes....
          K9... I'd hire you if I could!
          Juja: men are pigs then they are men, then they are Boys, sometimes they help to fix stuff or kill a bug...

Gonna leave country tomorrow hope the public bathrooms in Taiwan are better than they were 12 years ago. The data plans to use my iPhone there is extremely expensive so I'm going to be scarce.
          Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
          A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Morning all.....

K9 - great to see you! Glad you're doing better mentally. Keeping my fingers crossed for you for the job.

Paula - So sorry that you've been so sick. :l:l Hope you & your hubby feel better right away. :h

Yesterday my husband mentioned that he was worried about me because I seemed so unhappy. Then this morning my friend here at work said that she was worried about me. Didn't realize that it was so bad.

Well - back to work.
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Ally - take care. I'll be thinking of you. How long are you going to be over there? What day is the funeral? :h:h
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

The funeral is on 17, I'll be back on 18. The 17 according to "spirit advisors" my dad consulted is the auspicious date to send my mom's soul to the other world. I don't really understand it. I'm going to look like a fool at the funeral but I don't care. I read somewhere I'm supposed to wail really loud and throw myself on her body if I inherit a large fortune, less loud if not so much.... Hmmmm... I don't know if mom left us anything since my dad is still alive, does it mean I shouldn't shed a tear?! And some Taiwanese funerals even have strippers come in? All I have to say is my dad better not have strippers there!
                Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

I will be thinking of you Ally
                  welcome back k9...when do you find out about the job?
                  I have not been here as much lately, either. Work has been crazy, and sometimes I just don't have anything to say....Biut know that I am here if anyone needs me or just wants to goof around
                  Nora...are you happy??? might be someting to think about...but you have so much on your plate caring for others...I think happiness is a decision somedays....

Comment

Happy? Who the hell is happy? Please don't respond with sunshine, hearts and flowers; I'm not in the mood.:H

I'm having fantasies about renting a place for my books, genealogy info, a single bed, comfortable chair, good lighting, small frig,microwave, and internet connection. I'm serious. I rode around before work looking for a get-away place. Men have their cabins, right? Why can't women have a place of their own? (apologies to Virginia Woolf)

Not long ago I saw an advertisement for a carriage house for rent. It was in a small town near me. I'd love to see that again. With my part-time job I could afford it, as it was cheap. "I'm spending the night in the carriage house tonight, darling. See you in a few days."

Do I have the nerve????? Dream on, you spineless woman!!!!!!!:upset:
                    "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Hi everyone. Juja, what a wonderful fantasy. Who knows? You could make it happen and I shall live through your charmed days in the carriage house from afar.
                      ~n
                      :notes:
                      we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Hope all goes well with funeral Aly. I know what you mean about not always having something to say, my head is so full of rubbish, if I were to put it in to words I would appear mad. You are always full of support Mama and much appreciated. I do understand the depression Nora. I have so much to be thankfull for so why do I feel like I do ? When I drank the other week,my family did not blame me, but I just can't stop blaming myself, I can't move on,I am just pretending to everyone that I'm ok and I'm not. I do know that how I feel is all down to my relapse, I'm angry with myself, ashamed, guilty, how do I get through today, I don't want to drink, no desire, going to go back to bed and hope that I can sleep away these feeling. Sorry to be so miserablebut I can't offload to anybody else.

Comment

Paula - do you need anti depressants?? just a thought??
                          Juja - how about just a weekend away all by yourself??

Comment

Hi Everyone!

Glad to see you all here. I hope the funeral goes well Ally, I'll be thinking of you.

I am off at Noon today, I am going for a "ride along" with the Community Services Officer (the job I hope to get)...I am really doing everything I can think of to get this job. LOL After that little adventure I hope to get in a bit of a nap!

Everyone have a great day, I'll check in later!

Love,
                            K9
                            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

2013 has to be better and I am going to make changes so that happens!!!
                              Dottie
                              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

just don't do anything illegal on the car ride......heh, heh, heh
                                sorry...just trying to lighten things up a bit...everyone is so down
                                DOTTIE...........you go girl!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X