One Step at a Time - December 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, Jura: ill start the thread on Monday since I'm going to Vegas tonight and they have great buffets! So Monday, look for the thread in general discussion. You won't let me down, it's more like i'lll let you down!

Lets make it like a friendly competition, so that we will both be friendly jealous of each other's progress so we can work harder! Or not. I just want to lose weight!!!
    Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
    A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Ally and Juja - can any one jump on the weight loss thing ? I'm gonna dig out all me old info and try again.

Ta, Q x
      Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

Quest for the key;1420268 wrote: Ally and Juja - can any one jump on the weight loss thing ? I'm gonna dig out all me old info and try again.

Ta, Q x
        Questy: yes! The more the merrier! But would you mind starting on Monday? I'll
        Start a thread in general section, how about we cAll it weight losers for anyone to join to post current weight, their goals and their weight loss by day or by weight? And share ideas of how to lose weight? I'm skipping dinners! We all just go to bed anyway, what's the point of eating that last meal!!!
        Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
        A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

nurdl;1420262 wrote: I received my first Christmas gift of the season. For the past 2 years my neighbor would give me his Wine Spectator magazines. I would sometimes read them but mostly I took them because he doesn't recycle and I do. It just bugged me that he would throw out the magazines, so I would recycle them for him. Well today he came over with a big stack of magazines and an envelope inside the top one. You can probably guess it was my very own subscription to Wine Spectator Magazine. Happy Holidays to me. What the f do I do with this now? :H
          my husband just looked at me and laughed
          ~n
          Had to drop by and say I actually howled with laughter.:H:H:H
          It could be worse, I could be filing.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hi everyone. Glad that you liked the steps. I'm in between I Can Do It and I Will Do It. It had been 40 days with no drinking then yesterday was my birthday. I decided that I wanted to drink. So, I overindulged. And I realized that wasn't a good gift to give myself. Still learning but realizing what I want and don't want. I'm not mad at myself - just looking at it for what it was. I actually am learning that I prefer sobriety. Amazing! Maybe one day I'll get to the step Yes I Did It.

We have no water. Amazing how much you depend on that. I don't know how many times we've gone in to wash our hands and turned the faucet on. They're out there digging up the street now to find the busted pipe. What a pain. I just had to get our water bottles filled so I could have some water to pour down the toilet. :eeew::eeew:
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nurdl - That is hilarious!!!!:H:H:H:H:H
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora>How did I miss your birthday?!? Happy Belated Birthday!! Thank your parents for their precious gift to us.:h :l

nurdl>That's too much.:H More recycling!

Questy> Please join us for weight loss. I'm feeling anxious about another commitment, but it's something I must do.

Ally>Posting my weight...ugh. Oh well. No one here knows the before (thin) and after (overweight) me, so what does it matter? I think I've shrunk an inch, so it's even worse.

Nighters all.
                "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Ok - I want to do the weight loss but I don't want to post my weight. Is that ok? I'll tell you how much I lose but I can't stand to write the number down. :upset: Let's just say that I'm 80 pounds overweight. :upset:
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Ah Juja - you are so sweet. :l:l:l
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I would be in for weight loss but every time I start a program I gain weight. I gain what other people lose. I could stand to lose 25. Ugh but that just seems impossible. I'd rather eat cookies.
                      :notes:
                      we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

nurdl;1420314 wrote: I would be in for weight loss but every time I start a program I gain weight. I gain what other people lose. I could stand to lose 25. Ugh but that just seems impossible. I'd rather eat cookies.
                        :H:H:H:H
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora it's true and it's not funny - where's the Pepperidge Farm Peppermint Milanos?
                          we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Cookies. Yum.

I steamed broccoli, carrots and onions for dinner, and added a veggie burger on lite bread. Yum, again. Munchies will kick in once I take my antidepressant and open my book. Heaven help me.

I say it's nighters, but come back, afraid I'm missing something. :H

Where's K-9 btw?
                            "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

it's too much trouble to cook. I get tired of cooking. I think tonight will be yogurt and fruit. Everyone's out of the house anyway.
                              yeah, where is K9

Comment

nurdl;1420327 wrote: it's too much trouble to cook. I get tired of cooking. I think tonight will be yogurt and fruit. Everyone's out of the house anyway.
                                yeah, where is K9
                                I agree. Cooking takes up far, far too much time. So does eating for that matter. Probably why I'm overweight--not doing either properly.

Rise and shine, Steppers!!!

Washing windows today. I can't take it anymore. They're awful.

Guess what? I'm not a bit stiff after yesterday's yard work. Yay, Juja.:H

Calling K-9!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X