One Step at a Time - December 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel good too, but I drank last night. Six months of sobriety I drank. Lots of fmsily, booze everywhere....
    I am ok with it actucually, but I have to get back on the sober train.....af life is better.
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Feel better soon, Nora.:l
      "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

yes Nora....please feel better
        I had a boo hoo of disgust with myself, but it's time to put my big girl panties on.....

Comment

Oh Mama, I am sorry you drank when you didn't want to, and glad you are right back on the af wagon. I didn't even want any of the wine being consumed before and during our Christmas meal.

Clear Eyes and Allswell, it is great to hear the progress you have made. As I keep telling Juja, look at my join date and notice how long it took me to quit for good.

Hippyman, great to see your positive energy here. FT, I am glad yo see you here as well.

Juja, you made it through the holiday, great work.

Nora, I hope you feel better soon.
          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Hi Everyone!

Oh Mama, sorry to hear about your drinking. Do you have any words of wisdom for the rest of us? Was is a bad experieince, or just blah? Don't beat yourself up over it. Move on...we're here for you and still love you to pieces! :h
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Morning everyone!!

I agree - I'm so glad to have Clear Eyes, FT & Hippy.

K9 - Congratulations on one year!! That is so fantastic and I'm so happy for you.

Mama - I think you are doing awesome! That was one day out of how many? Compare it to last year. :l

Allswell - you are also doing so great.

Actually - everyone seems to be making wonderful improvements.

Well - I tried to go to work & they sent me home. Didn't want to catch it. :H So, I'm back home in bed. I have a Z-Pack antiobiotic that I'm going to start today. So, I should be feeling better soon.

Love to all .......
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I drank too on Christmas Eve but right away AF on Christmas Day and will stay AF as long as I can....I don't plan on drinking again but New Year's Eve, may have a couple. Still wanting to have none at all because my concern at 40 is my weight and my liver. Drinking doesn't even appeal to me! I do it because my best friend does it and I want her to feel comfortable... HOW stupid is that?! Maybe I'll just pretend to drink on New Year's Eve. I don't even get a buzz on alcohol anymore! I think my brain cells are dead from alcohol induced neuronal death. I coined that term, btw.
                Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

it was blah and not worth it...at all

Comment

Know how you feel Mama, but at least you managed to stop. I had a lovely sober christmas, and hope to continue. Well done K9. one year is amazing.

Comment

Been snowing here all day..took the doggies out to run in it..they were having fun...will just let it snow for now and get the snow blower out tomorrow. Dh has a doctors appt later in the day....I know why folks go south for the winter...bbbbbbbrrrrrrrr
                      Dottie
                      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

OK somehow I am in the dog house because dh had to shovel the drive way with the snow blower we bought last winter....I was mad at him because he didnt buy me a Christmas card after I made darn sure his kids got a card and MONEY and grand kids got presents....he did NOTHING....his daughter made a bid deal about my present which did NOT arrive before Christmas....his son called late on Christmas.....I made sure they got presents too ...OK not about me but at least DH could acknowledge my efforts,....NOT next year...we have been married 16 years......
                        Dottie
                        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Sorry Dottie! Just know that it wasn't anything that you did. :l
                          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Sorry Dottie. I think this time of year makes us all feel somewhat unappreciated, or maybe it is just you and me but I doubt it. I came home tonight to kind of the same thing. I am dead beat tired from staying up and wrapping presents until 3:30 in the morning because I was sick the week before and needed to get everything done. They don't get it that if we didn't do it there would be no X-mas for the family.

Feeling kind of low tonight. Didn't feel like having to have a deep conversation with dh when I came home because I am short with him. I know it is yet another stage of being af but I don't like it. Also, my face is breaking out horribly and I am in my 50's. This happened last time. I know it is all the toxins leaving and will be gone in a few weeks but still it is not fun. Ok...enough of that.

Hope everyone is having a fabulous, quiet, and relaxing night. I will. I need to remind myself things could be so much worse. There was a college student killed in a car accident on his way home for Christmas break and my heart breaks for that mother. I think of her when I think about my problems and then they seem trivial.

Comment

f-ing exhausted
                              :notes:
                              we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Also, forgot to say sorry Mama but thanks for letting us know it was blah and not worth it. It has been entering my mind again as I am going away for a few days and always drank when traveling.

Comment

Working...
                                X