One Step at a Time - December 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nora - I feel absolutely horrible about missing your birthday.
    Happy Birthday!!
    K9 rarely posts on the weekend.
    "Lincoln" was brilliant and Daniel Day Lewis was incredible, usual.
    Ya'll were busy here yesterday....that makes me smile.
    Back in the saddle, right Nora?
    too funny about the Wine Spectator magazine. made me giggle
    must find coffee....really enjoyed sleeping in!!
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

You guys err right, we won't put our weight on there just maybe the # lbs we want to lose and how much we lose per day or week. How does that sound?
      Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
      A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Happy birthday, Nora! Just read mama's post!
        Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
        A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

:happy: Happy Birthday Nora :happy:

:day5: :band2: :day5:
          :notes:
          we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Alright I'm in on the weight loss. I use an iphone app called My Fitness Pal. I know several people who have lost weight losing it because you have to log what you eat. You can log from any of your devices. The database of food is quite large and once you start logging you can go back to your portion sizes. It records the number of glasses of water you drink, exercise and plots a graph of your progress. I'll be using that as my tracking tool. Plus I have a stationary recumbent bike that I need to dust off and I did the 10k steps program for a while.
            10,000 steps was kind of fun. I would park a fair distance from the grocery store. When my boys were with me they would say "gotta get your 10,000 steps in girlfriend" and tease me. I just parked farther away the next time.
            we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Thanks for all the birthday wishes. Very sweet of you. Today is our 35th wedding anniversary. Wow! How did that happen.

So - I have trouble getting back on the wagon once I drink. :upset: I slip right back into my old habits. Hiding the bottle. Pretending that I'm just having a couple of beers. So, I need to get back to it. I have to get back on having the antabuse in my system. I talked to my psych yesterday about it and having the heart palpitations. She was questioning if I had changed anything - perfume, lotion, etc. The only thing that I can think of is that I have been using aveeno lotion a lot more. Wonder if that has alcohol in it Anyway, I'm going to get back to this. So much happier when I'm sober.

Does anyone use a fitbit? Counts how many steps, exercise you get during the day? I was thinking about getting one but don't want it to be another expensive toy that is laying in a drawer somewhere.

Ally - have fun in Vegas!! I met up with someone from MWO there last year. Wonderful to finally meet her in person.
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Zen

Zen - my niece sent an e-mail to her friend and hasn't heard back yet. I'll keep you posted
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora I have a fitbit and love it....but I attached a tether to the belt clip..it is so light I found it easy to lose..
                  plugs into my computer and logs everything for me.

I am back in the saddle too....slipped back into old habits as someelse just said...not good for me either...

Nora were the heart palpitations from drinking???? I had that happen a while back....

Going to hang close tonight...

Dottie
                  Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Hey Dottie - I am thinking that I will ask for the fitbit for Christmas.
                    I'm thinking that the palpitations were from the antabuse. I had not been drinking when I had them. We shall see. I need to get back to it.
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi all. No one is on, I'll have to check back later. I blew it for being good with food today so I will start again tomorrow. I'm wearing my pedometer, lol. Does that count for anything? Later peeps.

Comment

Hi friends,
                        Nora happy birthday and anniversary! I guess that's a two-fer.

Nurdl, the big city philharmonic orchestra is in our little village tonight for some Christmas music. It will be fun. Got your pm, the conductor hasn't let us know yet what we are doing next.

Dottie, most people take some backwards steps, just don't give up. Everything counts toward improvement.

Juja, did you make it through the weekend.

I spent some time yesterday putting up decorations outside and inside. Only the top and bottom branches lit up on our WalMart tree, guess it's time to get a new one. I think the concepts of pre-lit and folding branches don't go together well.
                        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

nurdl;1420779 wrote: Hi all. No one is on, I'll have to check back later. I blew it for being good with food today so I will start again tomorrow. I'm wearing my pedometer, lol. Does that count for anything? Later peeps.
                          Well, sure it counts if you wear the pedometer. :H:H
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Aw, jeez, guys, I didn't make it through the weekend AF. I forgot to tell DH not to buy me any wine, and he did. Voila.

I set myself up to accomplish too many niggling details (OCD-family genetics), got extremely stressed, and couldn't ignore the box of chardonnay in the refrigerator. I was in the HALTS mode, and couldn't fight it. (I added the S to HALT--stressed.)

I'm sorry. I feel like I've let you down, but I know it's me I've let down.

At some point tonight, the panic will set it, and tomorrow will be low-grade depression. I'll get through it. ( Btw--my SIL says the heart-pounding is due to the kidneys working overtime. I don't know if that's true, but maybe the panic isn't a psychological issue, but a physical one.)

Hugs, and strength, to all.

Juja :lipstick:
                            "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Aahh Juja - sorry sweetie. :l:lYep, I sure understand the panic & depression. Interesting about the kidneys working overtime. I'm going to keep that in mind.
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Never thought about it being the kidneys...
                                dottie
                                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Working...
                                X