Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - December 2012

Hello everyone,

It's a little hard getting back to the routine especially since I have two work projects I have to do today that I can't stand but that's life right? At least I'm not dragging a big, noisy garbage can or two full of empties clinking and clanking all the way to the curb for all to see and hear like last year.

Clear Eyes, traveling is so difficult. It's what made me buckle a couple of weeks ago and drink for three days after being 11 months sober. Like Mama said earlier, it was blah and definitely not worth it. Prior to that trip I had several others which were sober and absolutely terrific - Good luck!
    2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

I didn't post yesterday because I was so blue. I see I'm not alone, so I guess it's okay feel that way. I guess it was the expectations of the holidays, and the stress. As for me, I'm glad it's all over.

nurdl>Exhausted, too. Cleaned up Christmas dinner dishes, put away everything, did laundry, wrote thank-you notes, balanced checkbook, etc. (Tired yet, Ally?:H) So very glad it's behind me. I'm ready to move on.

Dottie>Next year, early on, I'd tell hubs I was leaving the gift-giving to him. I'm serious.
      Also, at least your DH cleared the driveway. My car's in the basement garage. My dh said, oh you can get out--up a steep hill and around a sharp curve. We'll see what happens when I leave for work on ice, snow and sleet on the driveway. Huge ash tree close by.... What a gentleman.

Mama>Glad the al wasn't worth it.

CE>Safe travels, and you know what I mean.

I'm assuming the library's open today, so I'm up early to go to work. After being closed 3 days it will be a madhouse. Hard for some to believe, but it's true. Kids out of school, so it will be busy, busy.

Hi allswell, sunbeam and Paula.
      "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

I haven't posted here in a while but thought I'd pop in and wish you all a Happy New Year.

Mama I am proud of you for making it 6 months. Great job. You had a bump in the road but you'll hop back on the wagon. Definitely an improvement over last year, right? :l

Dottie I'm sorry that you feel unappreciated. I would too if I were in your situation. I love watching dogs play in the snow!

Clear Eyes I'm 47 and I'm sporting a huge pimple on my cheek right next to my nose. Haven't had a drink in 10 months. I think my hormones are going wild. At least it's not on the tip of my nose!

Juja I think I said this to you on another thread, but I think it's pretty common to feel emotional and depressed when we stop drinking. I thought it was going to be all roses at first and was surprised at how much I struggled with depression. The last couple weeks, after 10 months sobriety, I've been feeling normal/happy. Haven't felt this was in a long time.

Hello to Paula, Nurdl, Nora, and anyone else I may have missed. I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Comment

thanks for all the love and support..I always feel better after I "talk" to ya'll
          I, too, am f'ing exhausted
          first day back at work and I will get to deal with the murder that happened Monday....the young man died...the whole thing is very shady...
          but I had a lovely Christmas with my family and am ready to start the new year fresh and sober!!
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Mama..WHAT murder? Apparently I missed that. Yikes...I hope you can deal with it without too much stress...How are you feeling? I'm sorry you slipped but sometimes we need that blatant reminder of what we left behind!

Good grief, I woke up this morning around 2am and ALL my joints were hurting and I was so stiff and uncomfortable...and I thought "Really? How OLD am I? This is ridiculous!"...I just hope all this body pain is not a prelude to sickness. I have a bit of a sinus headache but other than that I suppose I am ok, other than the fact I am at work. LOL

Well my boss just came in, she had a week off...must be nice. At least there are no flip flops today, then again, it's only about 40 degrees outside.

Everyone have a great day and I'll check in later!

:h
            K9
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Thanks Fly Away for reminding us that feeling low is part of all this. Also, it has to be the time of year.

Juju- I wish some of my students were coming to your library! That would make me very happy thinking they were reading over the break

Allswell- I will be thinking of you as I travel. My plane leaves at 7 am tomorrow morning and fly home News Years Eve. Some ways I think that will be ok but then part of me worries everyone will be celebrating on the plane. We land at almost 10 pm. Also, I am headed to a college bowl game so it will be party central, but I plan to be sober. I know my hubs likes me like that and none of our friends are going to that should help. Your 11 months are really something to be proud of.

Glad you are feeling better Mama.

Will check in before bed tonight. Don't know how much I will be able to check in while I am gone. Hate to do it with others around.

Happy, sober Thursday to all! Thanks for letting me join you here!

Comment

I was super blue yesterday too, must be post Christmas depression. They should have a pill for that.

What MURDER????
                Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

there was a murder at my property on Monday.......just one of the joys of my job

Comment

Hello everyone. Still sick in bed. Yuck - tired of this. Coughing all night long.

Really happy to see everyone here posting.

Clear Eyes - don't thank us - we're happy to have you here.

I already have my new calendar up and my stickers all ready for 2013. I am looking forward to making it a much better year.

Well - hubby has my soup ready to I'll check in later. :h
                    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora: hope you feel better... you have been running around, busy busy busy, so your immune system probably took a toll.... rest up! You have a wonderful hubby pampering you... how nice!

Mama: wow.... that's not a common thing to encounter in an ordinary job.... do tell more.....man or woman? shot or knife? over drugs? jealousy? love? money?
                      Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

I manage an apartment community that I was recruited to "clean up" a few years ago. It has been quiet as a church for a LONG time now. I threw out ALOT of people out....
                        a yound man was shot 5 times in his apt about 1:30 Christmas Eve....as manager I have to respond. The scene is still being processed, but I think he knew his killer and it may have been about drugs or money. He was clean cut and very quiet.....YA NEVER KNOW.....
                        maybe that's why I drank....hell...I don't know....but I have become very jaded and hard when it comes to the general public...
                        FEEL BETTER NORA:h

Comment

Visited my dad Christmas and he looked so sad and it totally bummed me out....consoled myself with wine..finished it off last night and did NOT get more at the store tonight. I am glad it is over. I did so well for a while and know I can do this....just gotta find a better way to deal with all this...drinking is NOT going to help or change anything and I cant help him if I am not coherent.....
                          Glad u all are here...
                          Dottie
                          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Dottie: I feel really bad about your dad's situation. You mentioned a support group for Alzheimer care takers.... did you go and was it helpful?
                            Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Alcoholic yes but they are only once a month...so I am looking around for more groups. After the holidays should be more I hope...
                              Had really weird dreams about him last night....sigh...
                              Dottie
                              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Dottie> I have dreams about my mother frequently. If they aren't about her then it's something else equally disturbing. My heart goes out to both of you. I understand. :h

Nora> Do you have bronchitis? The coughing is horrific. I finally got Tussionex, and was able to get some sleep. Take care okay?:l

CE>We have tons of teenagers coming to our public library. It's a wee one, but an excellent one. I stayed an hour later than I needed to so I could help my co-workers. We were slammed. Tomorrow will be the same--school's out, weekend ahead, etc.

Hi allswell, K9,Mama, nurdl, and Ally.

Today was a really good day. I am grateful.
                                "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Working...
                                X