One Step at a Time - December 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Juja: sorry to hear that... You need to have a talk w him... But don't jump into conclusions: maybe his mom called him last minute w some bad news she needed to share w him alone? I donno....

Getting ready to go to work. Then to a friend's ... Bringing some NA white wine for myself and regular red wine for her!
    Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
    A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

We will fall off fiscal cliff but will rise again... But who knows when?!
      Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

I (ignorantly) tend to ignore politics.....but hubs is scaring me over this one
        my health insurance just wnt up, I am putting more into my 401 K, and now this??
        I may be moving backwards!!
        oh well....I have been broke for a while....so this will be nothing new!
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Woke up with a tooth ache and of course the dentist is out of office but I left a message on her emergency cell...just get antibiotics until Wednesday and I should be OK....
          Off to run some errands. Looking forward to actually staying awake long enough to see the ball drop. going to put a fake log in the fireplace and watch that burn..predicting more snow so a good night to stay home.
          Day 5 and feeling pretty good..
          Dottie
          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Hiya Molls
            I cancelled going to my Mom's....I just cannot deal with it right now
            my job is stressing me out and I want to be home
            the mentally ill man is acting out again, the murder, blah, blah
            hubs stopped by and let me have a boo hoo...I feel better
            but we agreed to stay home and chill
            and amazingly Mom is ok with it

Comment

carefull with that tooth ok, Dottie??

Comment

I'm with the consensus, done with the holidays and not interested in doing anything tonight. Going to sit home with some ice cream and that's just fine with me. Have a hassle free day and a fun day off tomorrow everyone.
                2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Mama: I work w mentally ill patients so I feel like we are working w the same population... No murders yet but suicides..... Sad time of year.

Dottie: sorry about your tooth... You've been through a lot already... Hope your dad is ok.

I'm going to plan on working until I die so I won't have to rely on so SS or Medicare or retirement just in case they won't be there when I'm 65 or 67.

My husband who's a tax attorney says that the funds for SS and Medicare come from different tax (it's carved out differently -- see pay stub) so regardless of the national deficits, SS and Medicare will still be there... But he also thought that the Mayans were right about the end of the world thing so I don't know if I'd believe him...
                  Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Alcoholic;1435430 wrote:

My husband who's a tax attorney says that the funds for SS and Medicare come from different tax (it's carved out differently -- see pay stub) so regardless of the national deficits, SS and Medicare will still be there... But he also thought that the Mayans were right about the end of the world thing so I don't know if I'd believe him...
                    :H:H:H:H
                    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi Molly !!!! Good to see you.

Juja - I don't blame you for being upset. That is really not nice.

Mama - When does that man have to be out? You evicted him right? I'm glad that you canceled with your Mom.

Dottie - sorry about your tooth. Hope you can get some antibiotics.

Ally - I'll be working forever too. Just the way it is.

Allswell - sitting at home with ice-cream sounds wonderful.

Nurdl - just let me know when the movie date is. I'll get in on Netflix too.

Well - off to make Juja's crockpot stew. I'll let you know how it turns out.
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

DH is seriously depressed over work, which I haven't told you about, so I think I'll let tonight drop. I think he needs some cooing, clucking, Mommy time, as opposed to time with a wife who kindly and frequently suggests therapy for the depression, and needed coping skills, so I may not go along. His long face, and reluctance to do anything about it, are becoming extremely irritating.

Went to see Mom today, and found the place quarantined. Residents are confined to their rooms, too. All kinds of sickness there, just like we've experienced. I knocked on Mom's window, she saw me and said, my girl! my girl! She's okay for now.

All I want to do is eat. I've never been like this before. I'm kind of scared, as I watch my weight creep up.

We all need a huge break, and that's putting it mildly. I am hoping that 2013 will be a better year for all of us.

Happy New Year!!

Love,
                        Juja
                        "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Oh Juja - :l:l:l I am so sorry. You are just overwhelmed. Give yourself a big hug from me to you.
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora - an eviction takes up to two months here...so I am stuck with him for awhile
                            hugs Juja...depression sucks....I know personally
                            when I told hubs crazy man was at it again he was here in 10 minutes.....it was so sweet I just started bawling and that's when I decided to bail on Mom

Comment

I'm glad that you did bail. You need to take care of YOU.:l

So - I've never used a crock pot before. I had this one up in the cabinet for YEARS. So, the outside of the crock pot is hot but the inside doesn't seem warm at all. Is that normal?
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Greetings from Ronda...
                                Nora, the first thing to get hot is the outside of the crock pot. The ceramic interior slowly warms. How long have you had it plugged in?

Fireworks are happening here...midnight in just a short bit. Feliz ano nuevo!

Comment

Working...
                                X