One Step at a Time - December 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

morning....Juja I get teased here about my 44 longs..My smart ass hubs calls the ladies that..and unfortunately he is right
    I will go read Kradle's post
    I loved Vegas, but it would be hard to do AF...
    let me get to work and check in from there
    Ally - I am sorry about your mom. You seem ok with it...I have a birth mother and an adopted mother, so I have no idea how I will feel when their time comes.
    Please dump the rest of the wine box....I know it's staring you in the face and softly calling your name.
    Hpe you feel back asleep Paula.
    I really have to run or I will pull a Nora
    WHERE IS k9?
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Morning all,
      Day 3 and I do think the gym helped me sleep last night..still having night sweats but I think that is normal..I am feeling better and hoping for a great day.
      Dottie
      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Morning all!!

Dottie - great job on Day 3!!!! :goodjob:

I feel so bad about Kradle too. I keep thinking about her.

I hope K9 is alright. Mama have you texted her???
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi Everyone!

I was "sick" yesterday...you know that I-don't-like-my-job-or-Monday-mornings-illness? Yeah, I had that. Feeling better today....partly because I have a job interview on Friday! They narrowed it down from 150 people to only interviewing 8...so I am keeping my fingers crossed!!

I'm sure I missed a lot so I better read back, but I just wanted to check in!

Be back later!

Love ya'll!!!
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Well - there she is! We were missing you K9!!
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi everybody, glad your feeling better K9, good luck with interview. I also read Kradle's thread, very sad, but she seems to be bearing up. Going to take my little grandson to see father christmas on thursday, can't wait. Bursitis so painful Juja, I'm having steroid injection in two weeks, that's also treatment for bursitis, will let you know how it works.

Comment

what kind of job niner???
                Jail Mistress??
                I wasnted to be sick like that today myself!!!
                Good job Dottie!!!!

Comment

I wanted to be "sick" today too. :H:H

Paula - hope the shot helps. :l:l
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

me too Paula.....I hate to think of you hurting
                    I agree...Kradle has everything under control as soon as she is well....she is a force to be reckoned with.....
                    so...I am evicting the resident that threatened to kill me last week...gonna be a fun few months...

Comment

Juja: I totally can sympathize about being built weird, I have to wear the same pants everyday cuz can't find any that fit right! I've got to paw my gut though. My husband loves me fat juts because my boobs are bigger

Mama: gush, don't know how you do your job w schizophrenics running around, people threatening to kill you because you have to evict them. I hope you are trained to use firearms and are proficient in tae kwon do.

Dottie: you must be building up some muscles w going to gym everyday! I'm so glad you are taking care of your self now instead of just caring for your dad.

K9: hope you get the job! What kind of job is it?

Paula: injection for bursitis? I have needle phobia, I'd probably live w bursitis than to endure any injections but I hear those steroid injections are very helpful for inflammations. Good luck!

Yeah, my mom is going to be cremated. My dad sounded ok on the phone. I cried a lot last night but I feel fine now. I'm sure I'll be a basket case when I see her next week when I fly to Taiwan for her funeral. She never bothered to tell me she had colon cancer and was having surgery. She never wanted to worry us kids. That's kind of the Chinese way.
                      Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                      A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Oh Ally.....I didn't realize you were Chinese...that is cool
                        I am so sorry abut your mother...my mom probably wouldn't tell me is she was ill, either
                        the only training I have is be calm and call the police.....

Comment

Went to dads and brought home some papers...hope the dates entitle him to some VA money..it was very sad to look through his scrapbooks. All his promotions and things he did..he was a teacher/administrator in the public school system...I am sitting there about to cry and telling myself that this is NOT an excuse to drink....hard though....
                          No gym today....I am pretty strong for a girl I think..
                          Dottie
                          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

no need to srink love.....I have learned after six months that I can do anything, and I mean ANYTHING without a drink...
                            I know you are sad, but that's normal.....take a walk, a shower, anything...just don't drink ok??
                            I SWEAR and PROMISE it gets easier

Comment

Trying to learn the right way Chinese funeral customs so not to make a fool of myself, came across this, made me laugh:

" It is customary for blood relatives and daughters-in-law to wail and cry during mourning as a sign of respect and loyalty to the deceased. The cries are particularly loud if the deceased has left a large fortune."

Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                              A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Ally, my condolences for the loss of your mom. My mother was who she was. Mostly I just remember how depressed she was. But I will miss her all my life.
                                My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Working...
                                X