One Step at a Time - December 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi peeps....quick fly by as I snarf down some food.
    Bret is softening up some......I will keep you posted.
    My 21-year old son decided to mess with me and got his head ripped off....I am being a grump!!

Niner...I can interview you for practice.....Lord knows I have interviewed enough people in my life. What do you think has you so down???? The holidays???
    It is important to be kind to seniors. I have several here...a few are complete meanies, but some are so sweet!!!
    back to work
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

oh Nora....enjoy the concert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I am going to a support group for family members with Alzheimer's...hope it will help me deal with dad.
        It is next Wednesday...sure hope it helps me cope.
        Dottie
        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Dottie - that's a really good idea. Talking to others in the same situation. I hope it helps. :l

K9- Good luck on the interview. Hope you start feeling better. :l
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Nora: have a great time! Don't be too wild!

Dottie: Alzheimer's support groups are really helpful... Hang in there!
            Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
            A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

that IS a good idea Dottie!
              Nora..I expect you to be braless and singing your heart out...like the 60's!!

Comment

:H:H:H Nobody wants to see those saggy things drooping down.
                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

hah! Have fun
                  settling in to watch some Netflix
                  ps....anyone want to buy some teenagers for cheap??
                  I'll even throw in a husband
                  hope everyone is well
                  Goood Luck tomorrow K9....hope you are feeling happier

Comment

Could be sleeping, but can't. Don't have to be at work til noon. Go figure.

K9>Good luck with the job. You would't need a gun, you can diffuse a bad situation with your cleverness.

Mama>No teenagers and no husband. Thanks, anyway.

Ally>Make your will! Appoint at executor. We did it fairly quickly, and I'm glad it's done. Now I need to make a list of the small things I want certain peeps to have. I can put it with our will, and it will be honored. That's how it works in VA.

Nora>How was the concert? Are your ears ringing this morning?

Dottie>Glad you're going to a support group. It will help. I'm sorry you're having to go through this.

Regarding racism: My father is racist, bigot, and misogynist. Somehow as a child, I knew it was all wrong. I felt it deep down. Once I studied history (I minored in history), and saw how various groups suffered only because they were a different color, my feelings became even more set.

I read somewhere that people who don't feel good about themselves tend to denigrate others. Makes them feel better about themselves. That's my father, for sure.

My best friend's mother died Tuesday night, so I'll be at a visitation tonight after work. My friend loves Christmas, so this will be hard one for her, as well as, Christmases to come. She's exhausted, with no support at home.

I'm tired of life. Where did that come from??? I'm not deleting it because it's true.

Love you guys to the moon and back.:h
                    "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

What is up w all the people dying in December? I'm sorry about your friend's mom, Juja. I know someone from work passed away yesterday.

I'm with you about being tired of life. This week has just been so horrible, with work and family, then stress of the holidays... I just want to go back to staying in bed instead of exercising. I'm full of worries and depressed mood. Wish there was a pause button to stop life from going forward so I could rest a little.
                      Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                      A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

it's the holidays...I think it sucks the life out of anyone over 25!!!!!
                        Eviction papers serverd to poor crazy Melvin, so I had to spend 30 minutes calming him down.
                        I am frustrated cos corporate office says "Get rid of him", but they have NO idea what that involves.
                        Male members at Chez Mama were nicer last night, but I was worn out, so took a sleeping pill and passed out about 8:30
                        How was the concert Nora?? I need to go look at No Doubt on youtube for a refresher...
                        it's payday and all my money is gone.....gotta love that!!
                        but all is well and I am SOBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Concert was WONDERFUL!!!! My throat hurts from screaming. :H My ears are still ringing and my feet & knees hurt from being on my feet dancing.

Sorry about your friends Mom, Juja. That is so very hard.

Racist - I just don't understand it. We are all humans. Short, tall, fat, skinny...what's it matter about the color of skin, sexual orientation, on & on. Have a couple members in my family that come off with remarks sometimes. Do NOT understand it.

Better get some work done.....

:h:h
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi guys!!!

How is everyone?

I've been totally absent... soz about that. I need to spend some time reading back to see what's happening with everyone. But just wanted to swing by and check in!

I'll go and copy & paste from the Army thread to save me typing (on my LOVELY new keyboard) it all out again!

Comment

Check this link out. Satz posted it today on the Army thread and it's pretty neat. I need to do your house Mama... lol The one that comes up for me is 4 houses down but it's like a flip of mine... so you can see what it looks like here. )

Happy Holidays from DRAFTFCB

Zenstyle;1423337 wrote:
                              Hamish reportage and friend-with-dying-brother reportage. Friend in a car with his three kids heading up North to see his brother as of 8 a.m. today. As of Wednesday, the Docs have given him 2-14 days. Considering he was only diagnosed 9 days ago that is mind boggling to say the least. But... if one is going to check out then I think the swifter the better, right? He's on heavy pain medication but his organs are shutting down. He's only 52 and I still have hope for at least a brief remission but maybe that's just me being silly.

Hamish... On my mission to shut their fecking kitten mill down I came across a nice lady at the NY Animal Rights Alliance who has put me in touch with a holistic Vet that does telephone consultations. I wasn't comfortable with the whole tooth extraction thing... it seems so drastic... so I'm going to do the good old "supplement" route with him first. Like mother like son! ;o) I've already started him on colloidal silver and I have a consultation set up for 3.00 Monday and I'll take it from there. The breeders (bleeders) hired an attorney. Good effing luck to them. They'll spend more on the lawyer than they would have on Hamish's Vet bills. They don't know it yet, but the Sheriff is coming a'knocking next week and they are getting served, the fuckers. And there are animal activists already on the case. Methinks their kitty mill may not be up and running for much longer. Remember the pic they sent me of Hamish? In the cage? That is proving to be very handy. :new:

Moi... tired, spent and I hate to say it but I'm glad my mate has left to go and see his brother. Grief is awful and, well, I'm being selfish but I'm knackered with it all.

I got a new keyboard though! And it's awesome. It's a spare one my roomie had and it is like the caviar of keyboards... I am typing up a storm. Prepare thyselves for long posts!

Comment

hi Zenners...
                                busy at work

Comment

Working...
                                X