hugs to all
    Dottie- your message about your dad was heartbreaking...you tooi juja
    off to start another week
    think I have to fire someone today....just great
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

One Step at a Time - December 2012

Dottie and Juja, I'm so sorry to hear of your troubles. What a weight that is for you all. I'm here to listen/read if that helps. I hope you have a better day.
      xoxo
      ~n
      :notes:
      we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Hi everyone:

Holidays get harder as we get older. As children we looked forward to the presents and the no-school days, now we have the real life experiences to worry about....

Dottie: I'm really sorry about what you are going through... It is heartbreaking... Reading that brought tears to my eyes .

Nora: I lived all the The girl who played w fire series. Hope you enjoy them. Thank you for your concern.

Mama: glad your husband is back to his normal self.

Hi, sunbeam, roz, Paula, and others.

Today, I'm going to look at the people/things I still have in my life, instead of what/who I don't have anymore. I'm going to thank God for lending me time for being w those who were in my life, and pray that he will continue to guide me and use me to help others.
        Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
        A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Hello.....

Thinking of everyone. :l:l:l

Bad day at work. Busy, dealing with problems. Oh well. Bright side is that I have a job.

K9 - how did your interview go?

Mama - did you have to fire the person?
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

thinking of everyone....
            it's been busy as hell today

Comment

waiting for permission as we speak
              yeah K9...what's up?

Comment

termination done
                today sucked

Comment

Sorry Jan - sucked over here too. :upset:
                  "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

just one of those days
                    home now eating pasta, so all is well
                    hope you are ok

Comment

Went to the care conference today and he was OK but of course thought we were there to take him home….sigh…but by the time we were ready to leave he was totally confused…probably wont even remember we were there…..I feel better after the meeting and know he is in the right place for as long as he can afford it...The support group meeting is Wednesday so I know that will help too.
                      Thanks for all the support I really do appreciate it..
                      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Dottie and Juga, we are also dealing with my MIL's decline. She has had Parkinson's for quite some time, now they are calling it Multiple System Atrophy. She still knows us, but she is so confused and stressed about things that aren't true like unpaid bills, or at 2:00 she will insist it is time to go down to dinner. Nothing can dissuade her. She is still in assisted living with lots of hired help, will be going to a nursing home soon. My SIL very capably manages everything, we make the 6 hour trip as often as we can. It is just so hard to watch. Her brother died last week, that is the third sibling she has lost within a year.
                        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Hi, loves,

Made the best of the day. Helped Mom with everything, and then took off for my favorite little city. Had a mani-pedi, and went to T J Maxx and bought brand new clothes and shoes for me. No Salvation Army or thrift stores this time around. Felt like crap as I made purchases for me instead of someone in need. Guilt abounds. My checking account balance is low now, but I don't give a flying f***.

DH and I had a go-round last night. I find him impossible to communicate with. I have no voice, and I'm tired of it. Spent all day looking for "For Rent" signs. Can I make it without his insurance? No. Stupidest mistake of my life was not keeping my own insurance when I retired, regardless of the cost.

I'm in bed now talking to you, and he softly whistles every now and then. That's how I know he's uncomfortable. Not a good poker player. He'll let me have it full-bore eventually. He's real good at shutting me down very quickly. I have to find my voice.

Thank God I have a job to go to tomorrow.

Love to all,:h

Juja
                          "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Hi everyone, been really ill since saturday, picked up a sickness bug, husband ill too.Sickness stopped now but I keep sleeping, onlybeen up for 2 hours and need to go back to bed.

Comment

Just read your post, hope your feeling better Juja.

Comment

Sweet Paula, I'm sorry you've been so ill. I hope hubby feels better soon, too.

This seems to be the year for sickness. Who hasn't been ill on this thread? Zen? Dottie? That's about it, isn't it?

Good morning everyone. Need to get ready for work....
                                "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Working...
                                X