One Step at a Time - December 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dearest Paula, I do hope you wake up with brighter spirits. You do need to forgive yourself for the last time you drank. Not doing so will only bring you down, sapping your strength to continue the battle. Your family loves and forgives you, so do we. You are fighting yourself. I agree it is sounding like you may need help for depression, or at least some counseling.
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Thanks Sun, I slept for twelve hours, saw my daughter and did feel better. I have been on pills for depression before, but trying not to do so this time. The time I was not drinking I was entirely free of depression, so I know it's alcohol that causes it. I have always had problems with guilt, probably due to my convent education. Anyway I'm determined to snap out of it, now that this awful sickness bug has cleared.

Comment

Hi Paula! Be sure to get out and get some exercise today. In some study, exercise was more effective than anti-depressants. Also, some form of meditation would help you clear those persistent thoughts. Google meditation for ideas, and I think there is a thread under holistic healing here.
        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Thanks Sun, going to get a christmas tree and shopping, then going to visit my family tomorrow for two days, taking my grandchildren with me. Hope you are well.

Comment

Paula,

Getting out and doing something is one of the best antidotes for depression.

The worst thing you can do is stay home and ruminate about what a bad person you are. That's false, and destructive. That thinking serves no purpose whatsoever. When those thoughts kick in, switch them immediately to something positive.

Everyone,

Sorry I've been grumpy and AWOL of late. My plate is full, and I'm still not feeling particularly sociable.

I need to make many changes in my life, and I'm too overwhelmed to start anywhere.

I was hoping to have a late sleep-in this morning, but my neighbors started grinding tree limbs and brush way too early. They're still at it. I am ready to murder them!!:H

Family in town tomorrow. I hope to be calm, collected, and loving. I do not want to drink to escape the craziness, and need to concentrate on my will.

Everyone have a fantastic winter's day. It's a beaut here.
            "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

I should get my own @$$ out of bed but I'm truly enjoying this quiet time posting in my jammies. Soon, everyone is going to be home FOR DAYS. I do love them, but the cooking and cleaning and noise to come, aaaahhhh! It's a lot of together time. I enjoy even more the first day after the holidays when they all go back to work and school and my castle is once again mine. I suppose it's time to get moving.
              ~n
              :notes:
              we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Support group was great last night. Now I know my dad is not the only one mad and confused and all the normal things that go with Alzheimer's. He can never go home and I am not taking him out of the facility for now. Sad but true...they say that it is harder on the higher functioning folks because they are more aware...sure hope I dont end up in the same shape....

2 more days then off for 2 weeks...need to go work on dads house. So much to go through over there. I am going to pack up some plastic bins and fill them so I can bring home to sort and shred. I can only do this in short spurts.

Dottie
                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Juja :l I can relate to feeling "unsocial"...I was feeling that way too all last week. I think I am finally snapping out of it. Just give it time and you'll be back to your normal wonderful self soon! In the meantime, we are here for you!

Dottie - I am thinking of you and your dad...I'm so sorry for everything you are going through, but you are being so strong. Hang in there my friend.

Mama - Where did your beautiful face go? How about putting up a pic that really shows off those gorgeous 43/44 longs? We know they are amazing! LOL

My ride along went well yesterday, I tried to behave myself and I do believe I succeeded. NOW the waiting continues....one thing in life is for certain...the government CANNOT be rushed!

Love you all!

(Hi Nora, Nurdl, Sun, Paula and everyone else!!!)
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

gosh..everyone but Nurdl (xo) sounds busy
                    Our company christmas party was last night and my assistant called in sick....grrrrrrr
                    this is silly, but the other night I was frustrated with something and starting vaccuming like a crazy person and felt better
                    at work, if anyone is grumpy..they have to dance to the radio
                    it's great...we all end up laughing
                    K9 - any news on the new job??
                    Thinking of you ally
                    Dottie...I watched hubs grandma die of Alzheimer's and I am terrified that he will be struck with it.....he is a big, stubborn man and would be hard to take care of......but I try not to think about that too much...and I have two HUGE sons that will be there
                    One of my favorite Tom Petty lyrics......Half the shit I worry about doesn't happen anyway..."
                    so off I go to scrounge up some lunch before a zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz conference call
                    xo to all...
                    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

x post.....
                      I was tryng to be Christmasy....

Comment

you would have to have a rather large monitor to fit my 44/43's on the screen
                        your new piccie is cute!
                        is that the guy from the Chinese restuarant with you??:H

Comment

ps..I want Nurdl's car for Christmas

Comment

lalalalallallllalalalalalalala

Comment

...is someone bored at work today?
                              :notes:
                              we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Hi Mama, I'm home from work. It's a sunny Day, not too cold. I started a new diet this week for my GERD. I'm so tired of not feeling well. The meds aren't that effective for me, and side effects of the stronger ones like Nexium are very bad for my already-thin bones. My husband and I often fix our own food, it would be much harder to do this with a family to feed.

Comment

Working...
                                X