Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - December 2012

Thank you! Thank you! I'm so relieved.

I will reasses my priorities, and get back on track.

I love you all.:h
    "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Juja, I stumbled many times and that's just the way it is and why I am here. I appreciate all the support here and I agree with others you need to be here...
      FT
      AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
      As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Mama's laptop crapped out and I am just now able to log on
        I am fine.......
        Juja - your post mad me sad too....
        we will NEVER abandon you.....sweaty hands and all.....and that is why we are ALL here
        You are not alone sweet friend
        Sunni- I wish you would stop saying you don't belong here.....that is just silly. I wish you visited more often, but I know you have found your own place...
        bacinabit....
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Juja, look at the date I joined, and look at my quit date. There were periods of time I didn't post, particularly after I decided I really didn't want to drink any more, but couldn't scrape together the strength to quit. I hope you stay here. I believe the theme here is that we really don't want alcohol in our lives, but quitting isn't easy. I understand where you are, been there, done that.
          My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Juja,

We all belong here and I've discovered I need this place more than ever right now. I had a royal smackdown with booze early this week and it's frightening to be reminded what a powerful opponent we deal with and will deal with for the rest of our lives I suppose. Back on track thanks to this site and all of you.
            2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Allswell - hugs to you. Sorry I missed your post from a few days ago. :l Good for you for recognizing it and getting back on track right away.
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

just heard about the horrible shooting at a kindergarten in Conneticut
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Oh dear God! 27 people dead, most of them children. What kind of a monster could do such a thing!?

Comment

It's awful. Just awful. I don't know how anyone could possibly do this.
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I have had to turn off the news - I know I am just burying my head but it is just too awful to contemplate - those poor people - a lot of them not even knowing yet - what the hell makes people DO something like that???????

Sending prayers and love to all in CT........

Sun XXXX
                      How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

sunshinedaisies;1426972 wrote: I have had to turn off the news - I know I am just burying my head but it is just too awful to contemplate - those poor people - a lot of them not even knowing yet - what the hell makes people DO something like that???????

Sending prayers and love to all in CT........

Sun XXXX
                        Prayers from here too.
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I am sick to my stomach over this shooting. I CANNOT believe a human being could do this. This is pure evil.
                          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

I am with you guys, sickening.
                            AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                            As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Disgusting. I always wondered why doesn't the nut just shoot himself first instead doing this kind of unthinkable before doing it?
                              2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

I drove to work today with love in my heart after all of the affirming posts I received this morning. You know that sense of well-being and happiness that visits every now and then-- a feeling that overwhelms you, and lifts you out of yourself? I had it this morning thanks to all of you. I will persevere.

Tonight I am heartsick over the shootings in CT. I don't know what to think or say. It is beyond my comprehension. How can anyone murder anyone, much less children?

My greatest love to all of you.

Juja:h
                                "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Working...
                                X