One Step at a Time - December 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Juja - I'm glad that you feel better. You know that we all meant it from our hearts. :h I'm glad to hear that you are going to persevere. :l

I agree with you about being heartsick right now though. It is just too unbelievable - that someone was so sick/evil that is what he chose to do.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Family time update:

Shoo-ee! Last night was a doozy. YS was out-of-control drinking, cooking, and pleading her case for money from our tough-as-nails father. She got nowhere, as he's paid for her college, given her a good life, etc. As much as I dislike him, I do admire his insistence on self-reliance. Anyway, I got out of there as soon as possible, and was so happy it wasn't me making an ass of myself.

Second round begins today. My brother and his family will be coming. He detests our YS, and always has. She should be fairly subdued today, so I don't think there will be a repeat of last night. If it is, I'll leave for my quiet abode.

Have a good, safe, AF Saturday.:h
      "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Hello all....

Wow Juja - Sounds like an 'interesting' night last night. :H Hope today is uneventful.

Slept in this morning. Getting ready to go get the white taken out of my hair. If it went better with my skin, I would just stay all white. But, I looked like a ghost when I had all white hair. Ah well, the price we pay for beauty. :H

We finally put up a little Charlie Brown Christmas tree. Just a little potted tree we had given our son last year. But, at least it's something.

Hope Mama gets her laptop fixed right away.

Have a wonderful day everyone. :h
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Well - guess it's just me here today. Got my hair done. Cut off a couple of inches and colored the white.
          Put some tinsel on our little Charlie Brown tree. Now it looks like Christmas around here. Pretty lazy day today. Nice.

Hope everyone is doing well. :h
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi Nora,
            You sound good. I'm just busy with preparing foods for my new diet, plus the seasonal stuff like the baking I did yesterday. I think the diet is working, I have had some better nights of sleep.
            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Good morning all,

Sorry Nora I read you post but was reading in bed and well fell asleep again, it felt so great to wake up yet another day with out my head hurting or my body aching. Still AF and today is a full week of NF and still going just one day at a time, that's all we can do.

Hope everyone had a great day, mine involves another airport and a day of travel but it gets me that much closer to being home.

FT
              AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
              As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

Good morning!

Had a great night's sleep. Haven't slept like that in ages. It's such a blessing to sleep well.

Things went well yesterday at parents' house. YS didn't drink, and we all had a grand time.

My folks are fragile and "disappearing" minute by minute. OS and I wanted to be sure to get a family picture, but in all the hub-bub we failed to do so. I'm sad because I have this foreboding feeling that this was the last Christmas with all 6 of us present.

I'm hoping that now that our main Christmas celebration is over I can concentrate on myself. I need to make healthy plans for myself. I'm feeling strong today.

Love to all.
                "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Hi all. I am back too after an absence. I read back Juju and saw your post. We all have been there and I hate to say but may be again. I hope not but am still in the fragile state. I am on day 13 which is my longest since the summer. The one thing I am appreciating the most is the sleep and no night sweats! I find I can get 6 hours sleep and feel better than we I got 8-9 after a night of drinking wine. I am feeling good right now. Made it through my staff X-mas party Friday night but there is still many nights ahead in this holiday season. So I will just tackle one at a time. The best thing I find we are all doing is coming back! We too shall all succeed as many have here at MWO.
                  Happy AF Sunday to all

Comment

I am here...have not read back
                    I just keep crying about those babies in Connecticut...
                    I am fine...hubs is watching football and I am chilling here with him
                    got the tree up yesterday and wrapped some gifts this morning
                    love you all
                    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

hubs rigged the computer with electrical tape...!
                      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Sure is nice to see you all here. :l I've been feeling fragile too and it helps to come here and feel the support. :h

Glad that yesterday was better, Juja. It's sure not fun sometimes dealing with the drama.

ClearEyes - great job on 13 days. You made it thru the work Christmas party. Fantastic. I think the taking it a day at a time is the way to go. I keep thinking too far out into the future and sabotaging myself.

Sun - I'm so glad that your diet seems to be helping. My MIL suffered with GERD. You are sounding so great.

FT - I often read the posts on my Kindle and then think I'll reply once I get on my computer. :H I'm glad that you're on your way home. :l

I get down on myself because I've been here for so long and still drinking. But, the truth is - I have improved. I am in a better place. The AF days way outnumber any drinking days. So, I am in a much better place. I need to remember that and to keep continuing on this journey.

Love & hugs to all of you and to all that read here but don't post. :h:h
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

x-post Mama! Glad that Papa Bear got the laptop working. :goodjob:
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hallo everyone - seeing as it is today, I thought I would pop in and say hi........

Nora - sorry you have been feeling fragile - do hope that you feel better today - my daughter is doing my hair today too - I am getting her to take at least an inch or two off the ends as it is so long these days plus she will be highlighting and low lighting it. I take after my Gran - she NEVER went grey! Neither has my aunt - I am 58 and have about 2 grey hairs !

Jan - I laughed at your hubs fixing your computer with duct tape - that stuff's uses are never ending! Just happy that he could fix it anyway. I need to wrap some things too - my youngest who is now back home with us surprised me by putting up our tree and some decs yesterday - she also cleaned the kitchen and hoovered through for me yesterday - SUCH a nice surprise to come home to !!

Juja - I am glad that you are feeling better too - things have been hard for you. :l to you..... hang in there. I know what you mean about ones parents disappearing bit by bit too...... so sad - we should appreciate them while we have them - I lost my dad and still think about him every day - 18 years later !! What I would give to have one more day with him......

ClearEyes - so proud of your accomplishment - really well done - especially with a party in there - GO YOU !!!

HI FT and sunbeam - FT, I would hate to have to travel all the time - I am a real homebody and until this past year when I actually went outside my comfort zone and travelled and met friends from MWO, apart from going home to UK once a year, NEVER went anywhere. Sunbeam - hope that your new diet helps you - I think I read that it is GERD that you have? Horrid !! Hopefully you will get to feeling better soon......

Well, I need to go and sort some stuff and wrap some pressies - hugs to all,

love, Sun XX
                            How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Good to see you Sunny! Stop by anytime.

Clear eyes: Congrats on your 13 days. I bet you're feeling real good. I want to be there, too.

Nora: I appreciate your honesty, so I'm going to be honest. My last AF day was Dec. 8.
                              I'm going to begin my journey to al freedom again today. Tonight I'm going to pull out Vale, and read a bit of the tool box, too. I still have to run the MIL drinking gauntlet, and maybe Christmas day dinner, too. I've done it before, and I can do it again, especially if I get a bit of time behind me.

Another dear MWOuter and I are teaming up, so maybe that will help, too. It's ultimately up to me, and I know that.

Mondays are my Mom days, as many of you know, but she has a dr's appt and doesn't need me. If it isn't pouring rain, I will take a good, long walk (or as long a walk as my hip will allow--I keep forgetting I'm getting old!:H). Exercise helps everything, and can be a kick start into me beginning to take care of myself.

If I'm brave, I'll weigh myself in the a.m., and post on Ally's weight loss thread, regardless of the outcome. Mama>I need to buy bigger bras! Yikes. That doesn't bode well.

So, there you have it, my warts and all.

Have a good afternoon, all.:l:h

Comment

Really great to come home & see people posting. My friend at work is doing a toy drive for familes of domestic violence. Her niece works there. So, hubby & I went out shopping today. They had already collected a lot of toys, games, stuffed animals for younger kids. So,we got some stuff for a little bit older kids. It was really nice to be out shopping for a good reason.

Juja - thanks for being honest. :l This is Day 5 for me. I told hubby that I'm only doing this for him. I just really wasn't in the mindset of wanting to stop for me. I have been doing this for me but right then, it wasn't for me. It was only to get him off my back. But, whatever works I guess. Things are better today but still working on getting back my positive mindset.

Sunni - so great to have you here. I didn't know that your daughter was living with you now. How nice that she can do your hair for you.

Has anyone talked to Nurdl or Allswell lately?
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X