Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Step at a Time - December 2012

Nora-
    Don't wait too long to see doctor. I've been sick for 10 days and finally went to doctor today. Two prescriptions plus an over the counter. Now I wish I would have gone sooner.

Comment

Morning Sweeties
      dashing to work....will check in later
      Sunbeam - I made homemade chili for you last night
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Mama, Chili! The AF Road Trip is on its way!
        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Good morning everyone,

Feeling good! The end of the week with another short work week coming up. Yee Haw!

Chili sounds good today Mama.
          2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Hello Sun!
            2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Morning. It's been such a whirlwind and I miss being on here. My husband and I are going out to dinner tonight with friends. A lovely couple we havent seen in a long time. She just learned that she has breast cancer and is scheduled for surgery in a few days. She called to let me know and asked if we would go out with them as they both need a few laughs right now.
              Every now and then she and I would have long conversations on the phone about life, kids, husbands, menopause hell, just stuff. We havent connected in a long while. I've missed those conversations.
              So tonight we are giving them the gift of laughter. I made reservations at a lovely BYOB, but I wont need to! Her husband has celiac and often chooses not to drink so wine will not be an issue at all.
              I am honored that she reached out to my husband and I. She hasn't told many people yet. I'm glad that I can go tonight, be AF and lend support to this dear couple.
              Alrighty. Off to yoga, to be grateful and gather material for tonight. Believe me, my yoga poses are pretty funny.
              :notes:
              we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Mornin' all!

We're to get more snow tonight and tomorrow! Yay!

I am so-o-o relieved Christmas is behind me. I feel so much lighter--less burdened.

Mama>Made chili this week, too. Yum.

Nora>Feeling any better at all?
                "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Good morning all, another beautiful clear headed day.

Thank you all.

FT
                  AF with a few speed bumps during 2014 & 2015 but will succeed.
                  As of 4/12/2014 I have not smoked at all and feel great.

Comment

I wish...

there was a private way we could have photos of ourselves available for one another to view.

I'm not as brave as Jan and K-9....
                    "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm glad christmas is over, grandchildrens birthdays start today, one today and one tomorrow, mine next week then back to normality. Hope your feeling better Nora.

Comment

I am a BC survivor if you have any questions Sun

Comment

Completed night 1 and did not sleep. Tossed and turned and had sweats all night...I knew to expect this but it was still horrible....it will get better I know.
                          Dh and i are off to get new glasses or at least he will...they cost a fortune so may let him go first since I had the eye surgery a few months ago to let that heal and to let my sober self's eyes heal too. I can tell a big difference in my sight when I have been sober for a while...more incentive..
                          Back later.
                          Dottie
                          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Hi Everyone!

Mama - I will take some of that chili please! I have not cooked in about 2 weeks...kid is at her dads...nephew is running amok with his girlfriend. Last night I made a turkey and cheese sandwich for dinner....not exactly satisfying. But then I polished it off with a huge bag of peanut M & M's. LOL

Nurdl - I did yoga ONE time, that was more than enough, thank you. HA I don't think the human body is meant to bend like that.

I have been sleeping horrible! I don't know if maybe my wonderful new pillow is losing it's wonderfulness - I'm waking up with horrible back aches and headache. I got a new meditation CD so last night I was listening to it, but the background music is TOO LOUD, you can hardly hear the voice. Oy vey, maybe I'm just being too picky. The good news is that I am off on Monday so I get another 4 day weekend! YAY

Hope you're all ok today. Will check in later!

Love,
                            K9
                            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

good job Dottie....the first few weeks of sleep are hell..and I think the sweats are common too...stay strong, OK
                              K9 - I cannot sleep without my meds and my FAN.....the whirring sound is very soothing to me
                              Nora - how you feeling babe??
                              I just let myself in the murder unit to see what needed to be done. It was not as bad as I thought, but lots to clean up.....sorry to be gross......I guess that's how I deal with it
                              Paula...I am glad Christmas is over too.....let's get back to normal...whatever that is!!

Comment

Juja- I dunno how to post private piccies
                                HIYA Frequent...it's pretty but chilly here today

Comment

Working...
                                X