One Step at a Time - December 2012

thanks for the recipe....will give it a try
    Dottie
    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Oops, I use a small can of tomatoes, not large. All amounts of vegetables are approximate, so wing it.

Sorry, I'm not thinking very clearly today, and don't feel good at all. AF, so I hope I'm not getting something....
      "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Hi all
        cleaned all day and for some reason I am feeling so blue....this too shall pass
        not going to the movies...need to save a little money
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Oh Mama - sorry you're feeling blue. :l

Juja - thanks for the clarification - sorry that you're feeling yuck though.

Chili turned out good. I have picked out my reward for my 6 months AF. Never thought I would be a tatto person but this is it.............

I have been a fan of Mary Poppins since I was 6 years old. This does mean a lot to me.
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Oh Nora...how sweet! I know you love Mary Poppins.
            Think I will try to get lost in a movie....love you all

Comment

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!
              My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Been one of those days where I wanted to run to the deli but did not...I worked around here all day and it just does not seem like I even made a dent in the mess. He insisted we had to clear out all the things in the family room for the new floor but I at least wanted help putting it back. It will just take me time and that is all I can do.....
                Dottie
                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Juja, that recipe sounds amazing. I never thought about using veggie burgers. I'm definitely going to try it. I like southwest black bean veggie burgers. Maybe I'll get some tomatoes with green chilis.

I'll post the mac-n-cheese recipe when I get a chance. Still so busy.
                  ~n
                  :notes:
                  we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

My favourite quote ever ! I have one step at a time tattood on my foot. Everyday in everything I do - its always one step at a time.

Thanks for posting the pic - I think it is awesome

I am at trying too xxxxx

Georgina xxx
                    I wasn't born with a can in my hand.:lilheart::lilheart::lilheart:

Comment

Welcome Georgina!!!!
                      I have 'One Step at a Time' tatooed on my foot too!
                      So glad to have you here with us. :h
                      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi hun!!

No way !! We'll have to swap pics lol! I had mine done about 3 months ago and love it !! its ace isnt it having it somewhere so apt too!
                        Love it !!

Thanks for the welcome hun I am really determined to kick alcohol to the kerb !

We are better than alcohol ! grrrrr

Loves x x x
                        I wasn't born with a can in my hand.:lilheart::lilheart::lilheart:

Comment

No way in hell I'm ever getting a tattoo. Period.

So, one types a recipe, the present dish isn't the same, so her message IS: wing it, and add more liquid. Geez, I never had a problem before....

Dottie>I detect you're betwixt and between. Hang in there, girl, and do the best you can. Life is such a clusterf***. I'm with you.
                          "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

I'm too scared of needles to have a tattoo.
                            Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                            A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Good morning everyone,

Cold and icy here. Hope some of it melts today although I haven't looked at the weather report yet. Decided I'm going to quit caffeine 1/1. Had a few cups of dark black yesterday morning and by mid-afternoon I was ready to bite some heads off. I'm with you Juja, life can be a real cluster.

Hope everyone has a relaxing Sunday and sober new year.
                              2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Hi Georgina !! Beautiful name.
                                I made it six months, but didn't get a tat....I am going to celebrate my sobriety more this time.
                                Day 4 after Christmas screw up!
                                I think I am getting son's cold and may wallow all day

Comment

Working...
                                X