Army Thread Sunday 2nd December

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never been tempted by the adverts. Never been a big spirit or beer/lager drinker well apart from the cheapest vodka on the planet.

I'll be glad to see the rise in price of that shit stomach rotting white cider. In fact the sooner the likes Scrumpy Jack or Frosty White is banned the better. I've met a couple of recovering alkies whose stomach will never be the same because of the damned stuff. RANT over.

What used to do me head in was Come Dine with Me? Just had to grab a nice glass of ros?. Now I just look at them with astonishment and gawd when the middle aged woman in the group starts making a tit of herself I start to cringe.

Just going to give a wave to Runners, :wavin: Glad to see you hun.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Advertising Reccie is the scourge of modern times I believe.
      I gave up cigs years ago but I do believe if I had to watch someone beautiful having great fun with their equally beautiful friends all with a cigarette on the TV I don't know that I could stay stopped - especially if I was young and invincible as young people usually do think they are.
      Advertising of booze is OUTRAGEOUS - it kills more than any other substance - and it's still legal ????

Ok going to stop being a layabout and go do something meaningful
      emmmmmmmmmmmmmm ?
      I'll have a shower and see if I get inspiration

Comment

satz123;1420516 wrote: :l :l:l - thanks for sharing !!!
        No one really knows what goes on in a family - do they ?
        I have decided if someone is rude or not on form - I give them benefit of the doubt that they are probably dealing with something I can't know about. They , I'm sure , would prefer to be happy - but still dealing with stuff - they haven't got there yet !
        Awhhh thanks satzy :l

'twas a while ago - but as you've said, yer just don't know what goes on behind closed doors
        Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

JackieClaire;1420517 wrote: I've never been tempted by the adverts. Never been a big spirit or beer/lager drinker well apart from the cheapest vodka on the planet.

I'll be glad to see the rise in price of that shit stomach rotting white cider. In fact the sooner the likes Scrumpy Jack or Frosty White is banned the better. I've met a couple of recovering alkies whose stomach will never be the same because of the damned stuff. RANT over.

What used to do me head in was Come Dine with Me? Just had to grab a nice glass of ros?. Now I just look at them with astonishment and gawd when the middle aged woman in the group starts making a tit of herself I start to cringe.

Just going to give a wave to Runners, :wavin: Glad to see you hun.
          But Jackser - it not just the actual ad and being tempted in the moment. It's all this subliminal stuff. It is not aimed at us any more it plays on the youth and their feelings of inadequacy etc. My DD is in advertising and it would make your hair stand on end what ploys are used and we don't even notice.

DON'T get me started on the ads for kid's breakfast cereals, Chicken dippers and all that other crap that they process & sell as food !!
          RANT over

Comment

Quest for the key;1420519 wrote: Awhhh thanks satzy :l

'twas a while ago - but as you've said, yer just don't know what goes on behind closed doors
            NO - Questy I wasn't meaning you or anyone on here as rude etc. I meant in general day to day in work etc. I try to be undersatanding - doesn't always work :H:H
            My grumpy old self is still remembered & they look at me with beady eys and are suspicious :H

Comment

satz123;1420521 wrote: My DD is in advertising and it would make your hair stand on end what ploys are used and we don't even notice.
              Actually, I'd be quite interested to learn more, satzy. Do please feel free to make my hair stand on end!!! Although I doubt it would have the same effect on tips!

Comment

Now I'm deffo off to wash meself and face Sunday.
                Mother ( 84 ) is away gallavanting with her sister (she is 88 ) .
                They booked themselves into a hotel in the West and having a ball

Comment

Off to do something useful in the kitchen. Bacinalittlewhile.

Comment

I worked in the wine and booze trade for over 11 years with a wine merchant. I could sell you a bottle of sweet sherry even if you didn't want it.
                    In fact the standing joke when we catered a function was after all the champagne etc was ordered we always asked if they needed a bottle of sweet sherry for any aged aunts and they'd rip your hand off.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Busted

Black out.

My flatmate has just asked me "Hey, were you drunk last night?"

I can't remember seeing him.

I said yes I was.

Ever get the feeling peeps are thinking things about you that you think about yourself, but don't let on to anyone and hope they can's see? That you hiv a problem?

Hmmm...

Slightly mortified.

Comment

JackieClaire;1420527 wrote: I worked in the wine and booze trade for over 11 years with a wine merchant. I could sell you a bottle of sweet sherry even if you didn't want it.
                        In fact the standing joke when we catered a function was after all the champagne etc was ordered we always asked if they needed a bottle of sweet sherry for any aged aunts and they'd rip your hand off.
                        Shouldn't laugh but that is a actually quite amusing :H

Comment

RunningCourage;1420528 wrote: Black out.

I said yes I was.

Ever get the feeling peeps are thinking things about you that you think about yourself, but don't let on to anyone and hope they can's see? That you hiv a problem?

Hmmm...

Slightly mortified.
                          Wonder what you did ? Go find out and add that to your arsenal. We are so deluded we think we are fine and no-one will notice - how blind do we think they are ???
                          I always got that feeling RC - dismissed it and carried on. - thus the 'hiding' of the bottles and the secret drinking. But it just takes someone to 'out' you to yourself and then it's time to admit it.
                          When Mr s confronted me - I was MORTO !!

Comment

I said yes I was.

Hmmm...

Slightly mortified.
                            Right - me and you need to talk.

I knew you'd had a drink last night - yer mood went downhill faster than a slalom skier. And I was worried. Why ? Because I see me in you. And that's not nice. I don't want to see you going through this because I know it's hurting you.

I'm 41 and have wasted a lot of time, energy and money on al for bloody years!!! I hate it !!! Don't get me wrong, ill be honest with yer, I was drunk on Friday night - but sober since - oh RC, have you thought about seeing someone to get a bit of help ???

I wish I had the balls to go myself........

Comment

I said yes I was.
                              Hmmm...
                              Slightly mortified.
                              Ooooh not nice at all. They're prolly talking about that thing we've talked about before the IMNABAT syndrome.
                              I've been mortified more than once over the years. I used to able to fluff my way through them by doing the head back, laughing and saying well of course I do/did. Ha, ha, ha while dying a little bit inside.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hidey Hi! A quick fly-by! Yoo Hoo Mollers! xxx

I have peeps here so just sneaking in to say I'm above the ground!

Luvs yous and will be back after the damn eggs benedict.....

Comment

Working...
                                X