Weight Losers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weight Losers

Im still heading the wrong direction.....better change my goal of 15 pounds in a month or two, to a year or two
    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Weight Losers

Freefly: 19 lb
      Ally: 17 lb -1 = 16 lb
      Limers: 9 lb
      New day: 13 lb
      Pauly: 20 lb
      Jinglejo:10 lb
      Paula: 7 lb
      Hippy man: 30 lb
      Dottie 20 lbs
      Phin: New goal 46.8
      Stella: 1 lb
      K9: ? Lb
      Librarygirl: 60 lb
      Tree: 25 lb -3 lb = 22 lb
      Play 30 lb
      Nelz : 19 lb
      Rainyday: 15 lb
      Cinders: 20 lb

Nelz: lol... but don't give up! It's totally possible to lose 5-6 lb a month. Some people just cut out one bad thing a week like: I quit soda this week and for the rest of my life, then next week quit something else...

Cinders: that's a really interesting diet! Keep us informed!

Hope everyone else is doing well...

I'm going to do another 10 - 50 jumping jacks tonight. No need for ambulance yet, Limers,, but thanks for the offer! .
      Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
      A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Weight Losers

Morning everyone!!

I was very selfish last night when posting and didn't congratulate Tree on her loss, I'm sorry. That is wonderful and such a great feeling!!!! Good job!

Excellent on the jumping jacks Ally. I know it wasn't easy but I'm proud of you for doing it!!! I'd also like to thank you for your kind words. I realize it didn't happen over night, gaining 50+lbs, and I know it won't take over night to rid myself of it. I just thought I'd see a bit of a difference. I've had no one notice either. I guess because I am bigger it's harder to tell. Maybe another 10 or so lbs it will be more noticable. I did take measurements, and will remeasure at a month, so we'll see if there's a difference. As muscle weighs more than fat, it takes up less space, so the measurements will be the proof. I recently saw a photo that 10lbs of muscle looks and weighs the same as 20lbs of fat.

I hope everyone is doing well....it's a tough road but we can most certainly do it.

Comment

Weight Losers

Good Day all,

1. Congrats to Tree!

2. Pauly - Great Idea! It's hard to fit reading MWO during the day, so great thinking!

3. Phin - my yesterday was crap too. I didn't exercise at all. I was in pain from three days prior! But one recommendation... maybe you've reached your plateau (sp?) with what you're doing. Maybe you should try a different exercise, or interval training? But do remember... it's not necessarily about the weight loss, but about becoming healthy!

4. Ally - great job!

5. Limers... LOL (ambulence for Ally.... glad we're looking out for eachother!)

6. Cinders... You sound like you're moving right along! Great!

Me... I lost 1 lb since last Friday! 125 lbs - 1 lb = 14 lbs to go!

Currently eating a salad with a can of Herring... YUK! I will do sardines, but herring is God-Awful! I am eating these for the omega 3s... it's a challenge!

Tonight is my first Friday AF, though I'm actually not worried about it, but I thought we'd do something special like order chinese take out and watch some old tv shows (like Happy Days, Brady Bunch, I Love Lucy). My 8 and 7 year old girls are watching way too many Disney Series (like Good Luck Charlie) that I just don't think are appropriate for their ages!

I haven't been on MWO since last Spring when I was a lost cause. A little disappointed today. I wasn't planning on getting that involved this time (like on the Newbies thread). I remember someone writing a thread way back "Why Am I Always A Thread Breaker", and that's sort of how I feel! I used to always be the wall fly until I discovered alcohol made me fit right in. I've posted several posts on there today and not one person has said a thing to me!

Feeling like an outsider. I'm not a complainer by nature, but this really bothers me.

I'm worried about when I start getting together with other adults again. Will it be crap again when I'm not drinking? It will be 29 years that I've been drinking (started at 15, now I'm 39). Usually drinking at home, but always drinking when at get togethers to just make it through.

I know, not related to weight loss, but you guys (well two of you) have at least commented on my posts!
          I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

Weight Losers

Phin: we all have days when we feel all our efforts are wasteful ... I have to tell myself on those days at least I'm doing something healthy for my body. Even those measly 50 jumpy jacks probably helped a little! Lol!
            Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Weight Losers

X post Rainyday! I'll post your weight loss tomorrow! Congrats on weight loss and being AF!
              Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Weight Losers

I used to be a social drinker in college and grad school then it escalated to daily drinking. Now on l glut I'm able to stay away from alcohol. I don't like the word "modder" but prefer the word failed abstainer. . I don't drink unless w this one friend who drinks.... Lately she knows I'm on MWO and she's been declining my offer of alcohol and so that's great!
                Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Weight Losers

Rainy,

Sometimes it is just like that. You post something and no one comments.

It is usually timing related. Lunch, dinner, bedtime, etc.

Don't worry about it. I read your posts, btw, I don't always comment because sometimes posts don't require one.

I made it to 10:00 much easier today. I hope tomorrow is even better.

It is going to be very interesting to see if eating whatever I want, whenever I want within an eight hour window will let me lose weight. I have my doubts but going to stick it out for a week or two to see.

I didn't exercise today. I hate exercise and will probably continue to put it off. Funny, because in my younger years, I was a runner.

My best friend calls exercise the "E" word. Evil.

Cindi
                  AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Weight Losers

Rainy,

I know exactly how you feel about no one posting. I went through that for years! I had a different name on here before, and thought maybe it was me, so I changed it, and well, for a while the same thing would happen. Now it's been ok. I avoid threads like the Army one, and Newbie's Nest, not because I don't like them, I simply can't keep up. They are such fast moving threads.

I do my litle bit, cheer people on, help try to encouage, and hopefully I can help in some small way.

As for the weightloss journey, wow....it's like I said, it took a while to get there, so it'll take time to come off. I just remember in my height of fatness and drinking, people would ask if I've lost weight, I'd simply laugh. If they only knew!!!! However here I am down 15lbs, not bloated and puffy, and not a frigging word! WTH? And I'm busting my a$$!!!! LOL! Ah well, the time will come. As Ally says, maybe some wonderful transformation is taking place inside and BAM! And as I said prior, I think it's harder to tell on bigger people if they've lost since there's more to lose. I almost feel like cheating and measuring myself, just to see if there's a change, and to put a smile on my face today........

So Cinder, you only eat within an 8hr time frame? Is that how that works? OMG, I would knaw off a body part! I don't think I could do it. I've somehow trained myself to eat small in 2-3 hr increments.

Oh back to Rainy, "I'm worried about when I start getting together with other adults again. Will it be crap again when I'm not drinking? It will be 29 years that I've been drinking (started at 15, now I'm 39). Usually drinking at home, but always drinking when at get togethers to just make it through." I worry about that as well. I'm not sure how I will handle it, but I guess time will tell. I much rather drinking at home. I don't have to impress anyone, and laugh at stupid stuff or listen to things I could care less about. I wonder if that's why I drank faster than everyone so I could get that buzz on and pretend like I care. God, I sound like a total bitch! If I'm home, I can sit at my computer, or watch a movie, in my jammies, and do my own thing. I guess I prefer being alone, plus there's are other dynamics with a couple friends of mine I'd sooner avoid.

Comment

Weight Losers

Ally,

You done good on the jumping jacks!!! Keep it up!

Comment

Weight Losers

Phin;1446304 wrote: I wonder if that's why I drank faster than everyone so I could get that buzz on and pretend like I care. God, I sound like a total bitch! If I'm home, I can sit at my computer, or watch a movie, in my jammies, and do my own thing. I guess I prefer being alone, plus there's are other dynamics with a couple friends of mine I'd sooner avoid.
                        Ha ha... I always drank quicker too!
                        I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

Weight Losers

Thanks all for the words, I know you're right about all of it. I've been a member for a long time, it just sucks when it's you. Sometimes you get onto a thread and it's like... wow... I'm making connections here... but then other times... oh well..

Phin - did you catch in my post about interval training? Simply means mixing things up a bit. Can be done in a variety of ways. Can even be done at home. I'll post separately.

Comment

Weight Losers

Ok, I did cheat and measured myself, good news, I have lost and inch around my belly and 1/2 and inch around my waist, and thighs. So in 18 days......I guess I need to just keep positive.

I did read about interval training, yes. Righ now I am following what my boss, a fitness trainer is suggesting. He suggests weights first, at least 3x a week, followed by 15-20 mins of cardio. I've been doing the weights no problem, I enjoy that, but I HATE cardio. I have been doing 25 minimum 3x a week, and walk fast on an incline on the treadmill. My hopes is to train myself to be able to run for a half hour, but I'd like to lose a little more weight, so I'm not as jiggly, lol.

Comment

Weight Losers

Phin;1446317 wrote: Ok, I did cheat and measured myself, good news, I have lost and inch around my belly and 1/2 and inch around my waist, and thighs. So in 18 days......I guess I need to just keep positive.

I did read about interval training, yes. Righ now I am following what my boss, a fitness trainer is suggesting. He suggests weights first, at least 3x a week, followed by 15-20 mins of cardio. I've been doing the weights no problem, I enjoy that, but I HATE cardio. I have been doing 25 minimum 3x a week, and walk fast on an incline on the treadmill. My hopes is to train myself to be able to run for a half hour, but I'd like to lose a little more weight, so I'm not as jiggly, lol.
                              I love your honest posts! My co-worker and I like to jiggle our bellys and laugh. Well, we don't LIKE to, but it is sort of a funny site. She's 55 and just started dating a really great guy FINALLY. So we found ourselves looking ridiculous trying to do Yoga (we're the only ones in the office) Wed. We laughed so hard! Hoped our three Road Men didn't come in! We like to compare our baby bellys. UGH.

Comment

Weight Losers

I also went through a period of no one talking to me especially in the newbies thread. I eventually just answered my own posts and had a great time! Felt like a schizophrenic for awhile! .
                                Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Working...
                                X