Weight Losers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weight Losers

Cindi: welcome! Tomorrow I'll put you down for 20? Lb. on the board, ok? So glad you are here!

Now I hear people getting euphoric after a run or exercise, but all I get is, "whew, glad that's over, I don't have to do that until tomorrow."

Today, I had a hot pocket for breakfast and a lean cuisine for lunch. a coffee w some sugar and my l glut so maybe so far about 800 calories already. I'm tired... Maybe I'll just go to bed early.... If I don't eat, then I don't have to exercise.... Lol!

Btw: anyone can join any time, more the merrier like phin said! and anyone can drop out any time... Not sure if anyone has dropped out from the list yet... If so, post or pm me so I can take your name down....
    Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
    A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Weight Losers

Hello everyone, Just wanted to check in. I am still around and committed to weight loss; I just have not had weight loss to report. I am weighing in tomorrow so hopefully something positive will show up on the scale. I am eating healthy and exercising 3x weekly, slimming down and don't look as puffy so that is good. Everyone keep up the good work!
      :earth: Tree23

Comment

Weight Losers

I feel so much less bloated! My eyes used to be so puffy as well. My belly feels smaller, even if it's not, it feels like it, lol!

Comment

Weight Losers

Thought this might give hope to those struggling.

I am four plus months sober and in those months gained 2 kg from extra food to distract me and overwhelming fatigue.

In the last 3 weeks the fatigue lifted, the metabolism changed and I have dropped 7kg with a little daily exercise and no change in diet ( except I am naturally less hungry)

Comment

Weight Losers

i just ate a banana split,yes i debated first but i needed something
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Weight Losers

Day 2 of The Eight Hour Diet.

Geez, trying to figure out the best timing for when I can eat is rough. Yesterday I ate breakfast as usual about 6:30 a.m., saw the diet on T.V., downloaded the book to Kindle and decided to start right then.

Based on the rules, I had to quit eating by 2:30 p.m.

Today I decided I would rather eat dinner with hubby than eat breakfast. Boy am I hungry!!

I am drinking lots of liquids and prowling around like a hungry cat.

I am going to try to make it until 10:00 a.m. so I can eat until 6:00 p.m. and enjoy dinner with hubby.

I sure hope that over time my body gets used to skipping breakfast. Otherwise, I will keep eating breakfast and skip dinner. (The book says it is a myth that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, it doesn't matter which eight hours you choose.)

My body may disagree. :-)

Going through the house this morning looking for some of the exercise DVDs I have wasted money on. The authors do recommend exercise.

Like Limers, I do not want to weigh daily. I will weigh once a week. Otherwise, I may get discouraged.

Hope all are meeting their goals.

Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Weight Losers

paulywogg;1445277 wrote: i just ate a banana split,yes i debated first but i needed something
                Funny... sometimes you just have to give in! Hey, it's better than giving in to the poision! Roll it right over your shoulders... today is another day!
                I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

Weight Losers

for sure rainyday! i know my body and i know the only way for me to start really losing is to drastically cut calories,but im afraid of triggering alcohol cravings,im just gonna up the exercise and try to avoid the little extras,itll be slow but at least i wont be killin myself with booze!
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Weight Losers

Cindi.... curious about the eight hour diet. I just heard it's good to "fast" for 12 hours. But 16... WOW. I couldn't do that! I have a hard enough time with going two hours during the day, and 8 hours over night!

Let us know how you FEEL, ok?

Ally... what kind of exercise do you do? I used to have so much trouble getting to the gym or walking around the niehgborhood (even tho once I did I enjoyed it). What about home DVDs? I just recently tried these, and I found that I love them!

Also, if you're in the US, ON DEMAND has exercise shows.

For those who are having trouble with gaining weight after quitting - can you answer some questions? What did you drink? Straight, Mixed, Beer, Wine? What kinds of foods are you eating now?
                    I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

Weight Losers

Pauly,

You know yourself pretty well. In AA they talk about HALT -- Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired -- as being triggers for relapse.

IMHO, not drinking is a whole lot more important than anything else.

Do what you need to do to stay sober. Everything else will follow in time.

Cindi
                      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Weight Losers

paulywogg;1445521 wrote: for sure rainyday! i know my body and i know the only way for me to start really losing is to drastically cut calories,but im afraid of triggering alcohol cravings,im just gonna up the exercise and try to avoid the little extras,itll be slow but at least i wont be killin myself with booze!
                        I once read that a person who is overweight but exercises is actually healthier than a person that is skinny and doesn't exercise.

Besides... we are doing this for HEALTH. So do what FEELS good for you BODY. (we all know alcohol never really felt good, so don't GO THERE! LOL)

But sometimes our bodies do need a sugar boost, especially post drinking. I've never had a sweet tooth until now!

Just remind yourself that good food makes your system feel good. Feed your system and it will pay your back. Exercise more, and even if it sucks now, you will start to feel better. I PROMISE!

Comment

Weight Losers

Rainyday;1445522 wrote: Cindi.... curious about the eight hour diet. I just heard it's good to "fast" for 12 hours. But 16... WOW. I couldn't do that! I have a hard enough time with going two hours during the day, and 8 hours over night!

Let us know how you FEEL, ok?
                          Will do. The good news is that the authors say you can still see good results if you only follow the plan three days a week.

Being the alcoholically thinking person I am, though, I want to go all out and try for seven days a week. :-)

Well, maybe five... :H:H
                          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Weight Losers

Cinders;1445523 wrote: Pauly,

You know yourself pretty well. In AA they talk about HALT -- Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired -- as being triggers for relapse.

IMHO, not drinking is a whole lot more important than anything else.

Do what you need to do to stay sober. Everything else will follow in time.

Cindi
                            OK... glad you know about HALT, because I was worried about you getting hungry!

Comment

Weight Losers

Phin;1445262 wrote: I feel so much less bloated! My eyes used to be so puffy as well. My belly feels smaller, even if it's not, it feels like it, lol!
                              Phin - what did I miss? What are you doing?

Glad to hear the results anyway!

Comment

Weight Losers

Cinders;1445525 wrote: Will do. The good news is that the authors say you can still see good results if you only follow the plan three days a week.

Being the alcoholically thinking person I am, though, I want to go all out and try for seven days a week. :-)

Well, maybe five... :H:H
                                LOL... that's funny, I related being an alchy to the part of me that wants to do things in extreme... but you are probably right. Can't just drink one! Can't just take on one challenge! Can't just include one "whatever". Let's have a fricken party!

Comment

Working...
                                X