Weight Losers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weight Losers

You should see my belly!! After losing 100+ lbs, it is pretty scary, plus two C sections and a hysterectomy. (2 bikini cuts and one from navel down, it looks like an anchor, IF you could see the bikini cuts, they are hidden below the flap of skin.)

Ugh.

I looked into surgery to remove the flap of skin, and it sounded horrible. It's not like I will ever bare my belly to anyone but myself and my husband anyway.

Still, it would be nice for it to be gone, especially in the summer when I sweat....

Between the tummy and the boobs that have gone from 44 Ds to 38 longs, the summer can be very miserable.

Sorry if this is TMI. :-)

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Weight Losers

Alcoholic;1446324 wrote: I also went through a period of no one talking to me especially in the newbies thread. I eventually just answered my own posts and had a great time! Felt like a schizophrenic for awhile! .
      Yeah, I know.

I used to be schizophrenic but now we are okay.
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Weight Losers

Alcoholic;1446324 wrote: I also went through a period of no one talking to me especially in the newbies thread. I eventually just answered my own posts and had a great time! Felt like a schizophrenic for awhile! .
        LMAO!
        I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

Weight Losers

Cinders;1446325 wrote: You should see my belly!! After losing 100+ lbs, it is pretty scary, plus two C sections and a hysterectomy. (2 bikini cuts and one from navel down, it looks like an anchor, IF you could see the bikini cuts, they are hidden below the flap of skin.)

Ugh.

I looked into surgery to remove the flap of skin, and it sounded horrible. It's not like I will ever bare my belly to anyone but myself and my husband anyway.

Still, it would be nice for it to be gone, especially in the summer when I sweat....

Between the tummy and the boobs that have gone from 44 Ds to 38 longs, the summer can be very miserable.

Sorry if this is TMI. :-)

Cindi
          Could you not get a reduction or a tummy tuck? I'm not sure how things work there, but here it's covered if it's for a medical reason. I foolishly got my boobs reduced before losing weight. When they do the reduction you also get a lift . I should have waited until I lost wait but I had lost a bit, but not anywhere close to what I wanted, and since then only gained! I remember the summers....terrible with the boob sweat. I would sit in the car with kleenex under my boobs so not to sweat on my shirt.

Comment

Weight Losers

Could you not get a reduction or a tummy tuck?
            Yes, but I hate surgery. It isn't worth it to me at this point.

However, if I lose the weight I am working on, it may become a necessity. I won't allow the tummy tuck, which is a vicious surgery and recovery, but let them remove just the lower belly skin.

The boobs, sigh.
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Weight Losers

My grandma was always overweight post babies. Very overweight. She was a nanny who did everything for the family, cooked, cleaned, car pooled, disciplined, loved. She is missed by all!

Anyway, she liked to wear wigs. She was probably about 5'3? Fat. BIG BOOBS. She once got a blonde wig and I remember her looking just like Dolly Parton. Plus she could make them dance. The boobs that is.

Under her boobs used to sweat so bad. I remember she used to cut out the sleeves of her sweat shirt and cut holes in it. Called them her Holy Shirts. LOL

Gee... do we have any men on this thread. LMAO
              I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

Weight Losers

I hear ya. I'm not a fan of surgery either. I have a jaw problem, and need to be intubated while awake--not a pleasant experience. A friend had a tummy tuck, I saw her the day she had it done. She looked like hell, but healed well. Unfortunately she ended up pregnant a couple years later :$. I mean it's great she had a baby but seems a waste of the $7000 she spent on the tummy tuck.

Comment

Weight Losers

i did my 10 jumping jacks tonight! just want to check in! who else did their exercise today? (I'll bet no one did less than I did!)
                  Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                  A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Weight Losers

its my day off so i did waaay less than you ally!
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Weight Losers

Rainy- When I first started out on here I was totally anxious to get a reply from anyone here to any of my posts as a sign of acceptance and a sense of belonging. The first week I was freaking out. Luckily my family is supportive and my mother said give it time and that people have lives and are dealing with their recovery too. Good advice eh? So all I can say is that I do read a large majority of all the posts. Maybe not every day but at least every other day. But sometimes by the time I get there, everyone else has already said what I would have and I don't want to sound like a broken record, however, that reminds me that it would still be nice to send a *warm fuzzy* to just acknowledge that the post was read and that you were thought of. I will try to incorporate that more....And sometimes I don't know what to say, or I feel like I'm too prophetic or whathaveyou. Remember: ups and downs. Your kids like Disney...Watch The Sword and the Stone when Arthur and Merlin are fish - The "To and fro, stop and go, thats what makes the world go round" song. Soo much better than any Disney stuff on TV today. Back to the classics! Carpe Diem
                      :earth: Tree23

Comment

Weight Losers

Freefly: 19 lb
                        Ally: 16 lb - 1.5 = 14.5 lb
                        Limers: 9 lb
                        New day: 13 lb
                        Pauly: 20 lb
                        Jinglejo:10 lb
                        Paula: 7 lb
                        Hippy man: 30 lb
                        Dottie 20 lbs
                        Phin: New goal 46.8
                        Stella: 1 lb
                        K9: ? Lb
                        Librarygirl: 60 lb
                        Tree: 22 lb
                        Play 30 lb
                        Nelz : 19 lb
                        Rainyday: 15 lb - 1 lb = 14 lb
                        Cinders: 20 lb

Phin: I'm glad you cheated and measured yourself ... That's a great motivator to see results like inches off but we all knew your efforts were doing something wonderful in your body even if it wasn't showing quickly in the scale YET....

Pauly: you did beat me yesterday, haha!

Ok.... I did more than just 10 jumping jacks yesterday... I also picked up my clothes from the floor... I'm talking about the room covered w clothes, wall to wall, piled on top of each other.... My husband always says that the benefit of this is it protects the carpet from staining! I'm too embarrassed to have cleaning lady to come in due to our lazy condition! But my dad is coming to visit so we have to clean up....

So maybe the activity helped me lose some weight. My room looks cleaner, still has more cleaning to do, so the next 2 weeks before my dad arrives I'll be FORCED to be slightly more active.
                        Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Weight Losers

Hi Ally.....I'll bet by the time you've cleaned up your place you will feel more like exercising. Decluttering is cathartic.
                          I need to tackle my basement one of these days....I call it The Black Hole! Lots of my daughters stuff is stored there right now, so I figure ill do that after they move out......another year or so!

Haven't done any exercise today, but after going to the hospital I have to drive to another town for a Celebration of Life for a friend who passed away last week of brain cancer. No finer man than he.....so sad for his lovely wife.

Still holding at 13 lbs to go!
                          Have a good day!

Comment

Weight Losers

New Day: sorry about your friend who passed away.... Brain cancer.. very unusual.... it is sad for his wife. I hope she will get through this hard time.... only time will heal...

tree: you are right. I don't think anyone intentionally wants to ignore posts, unless it's an offensive post. Everyone at one point or another feels ignored, but we all end up staying here anyway because we get something out of MWO.

I have finally been able to fit into pants that I couldn't fit into in the last 2 years. Buttons were falling off, zippers wouldn't go up. I was hiding my weight gain, it wasn't a pretty sight.
                            Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Weight Losers

ally,i like your husbands positive spin on the clutter"keeps the carpet from getting stained" thats hilarious!
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Weight Losers

Is anyone here taking l-glute & noticing mass?

I just read that l glute & protein will make you bigger. I have been swigging protein shakes & eating big spoonfuls of l-glute. I am beginning to look like a little bodybuilder.

Comment

Working...
                                X