Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weight Losers

Can I join this party

I'm looking to lose abut 35 pounds. I enjoy krav maga, which is a self defense martial art but it is an intense workout at the same time. I do that ~3 times a week. I also run triathlons, so I run, swim, and bike.

This time last year, I could swim a mile, bike 25 miles, and run a hilly 10K in the Indian heat. Then Easter weekend I caught a cold that went into bronchitis and then, 6 weeks later, into pneumonia. Another 3 weeks off exercise on antibiotics. Then I trained too hard too fast and tore my Achilles tendon. Another 4 months I can't train. So I'm really disappointed in where I am now compared to where I was a year ago, but I'm committed to this weight loss and looking to get back into my routine!

I've started at Fitbit - a really good site that can help figure out how many calories you should be eating for your goals.
    Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Weight Losers

Welcome siren!

I'll add you tomorrow the 35 pound commitment. Your resume is so impressive that it shames me that I have to push myself to even do a few jumping jacks! W your exercise commitment, you will probably reach your goal pretty soon!
      Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
      A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Weight Losers

Downloaded fitbit on my phone to see if it will motivate me...
        Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Weight Losers

Alcoholic;1447864 wrote: Downloaded fitbit on my phone to see if it will motivate me...
          We bought the scale (Aria). When you weigh yourself it also measures your body fat percentage and sends both measurements to your account and automatically tracks it for you. I also ordered the 'One' device to track my sleep, my steps, intensity of activity, and altitude. I hate tracking, which is why Weight Watchers never worked for me. Fitbit is really easy.
          Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Weight Losers

Siren: did you get the aria wi fu smart scale? Do they have one that checks calorie intake and expenditure at same time?
            Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Weight Losers

Just ordered those 2 you ordered, siren! I hope the set up is easy cuz I'm very bad w technology.
              Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Weight Losers

My husband says the directions are clear and easy to follow. I think our scale is just the regular one, but I'm not sure because my husband did all the ordering. I just like that the only thing I have to track on the website is my food.

Comment

Weight Losers

have you guys ever seen that sensa stuff?its this powder you shake on your food,i looked it up and its supposed to enhance your sense of smell so you get fuller faster,a little weird but maybe it works
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Weight Losers

Wow, just looked at the website for sensa... Almost too good to be true but it's not very expensive to try it at all.... Are you going to try it Pauly? I'm tempted but afraid of side effects...
                    Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Weight Losers

Pauly,

Hubby and I tried Sensa. It didn't do a thing for us.

Hubby is going to try this HCG Bodyshaper drops and 500 calorie a day diet for 30 days. Supposedly no hunger during the diet from the drops. We shall see. A bit nervous because he is Type II Diabetic. I told him I would fix him the meals IF and ONLY IF he monitors his blood sugar two times a day.

A friend of his at work and his wife have apparently done very well on the diet.

It is expensive, though.

I stayed off the fast this weekend and today because hubby was home. I restart tomorrow. Authors say a minimum of three days a week. I think I will shoot for 4-5 days a week.

Cindi
                      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Weight Losers

How have you been making out on the diet, Cinders?

Comment

Weight Losers

I don't know since I only started it last Wednesday? Then off Sat/Sun/Mon.

I restart tomorrow and will weigh next week.
                          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Weight Losers

Cinders: Just read about this hcg body shaper diet. Hope your hubby does well on it... Kind of scary though... I'm glad you will be monitoring his blood sugar...

Pauly: just read the fine print: Sensa is expensive too: $90 if you decide to keep their product and they automatically charge your account unless you cancel, and I'm sure when you call to cancel you have to wait on the phone a million years to get a live person. Plus you got to find time to send the rest of the product back if you don't find it helpful.

My biggest problem is inactivity. I still haven't ordered a bike or treadmill. Time to do that today I guess.
                            Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Weight Losers

Ok. Finally ordered the treadmill. Big commitment now. W almost $2000 invested for a healthier me, it's time to get serious and not let the equipment collect dust.
                              Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Weight Losers

hi ally,i seen an ad for sensa at walgreens for 45 bux but it was just a starter pack,i ran across these samples i had gotten from gnc in my old purse,maybe ill try some tomorrow just to see what it tastes like,anyways still waiting not so patiently to shrink its all the ice cream,i did buy these ones called skinny cow,im gonna try one in a bit
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X