Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weight Losers

Siren136;1447781 wrote: Can I join this party

I'm looking to lose abut 35 pounds. I enjoy krav maga, which is a self defense martial art but it is an intense workout at the same time. I do that ~3 times a week. I also run triathlons, so I run, swim, and bike.

This time last year, I could swim a mile, bike 25 miles, and run a hilly 10K in the Indian heat. Then Easter weekend I caught a cold that went into bronchitis and then, 6 weeks later, into pneumonia. Another 3 weeks off exercise on antibiotics. Then I trained too hard too fast and tore my Achilles tendon. Another 4 months I can't train. So I'm really disappointed in where I am now compared to where I was a year ago, but I'm committed to this weight loss and looking to get back into my routine!

I've started at Fitbit - a really good site that can help figure out how many calories you should be eating for your goals.
    Wow - is there any kind of physical exercise you can do in the meantime? Can you swim?
    I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

Weight Losers

Siren136;1448944 wrote: Krav as in Krav Maga. It's a self defense pseudo martial art developed by the Israeli Defense Forces. There are tons of videos on YouTube if you ever have a spare few moments. I've been doing it for 5 years.

Day-um!! How did you lose 15 pounds in 23 days? Do tell!
      NEAT! I'll have to add this to my neighbor and my workout. Right now she's kicking my ass with Jillian Michaels!
      I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

Weight Losers

Alcoholic;1449027 wrote: Freefly: 19 lb
        Ally: 16.5 -0.5 lb = 16 lb
        Limers: 9 lb
        New day: 13 lb
        Pauly: 20 lb
        Jinglejo:10 lb
        Paula: 7 lb
        Hippy man: 30 lb
        Dottie 20 lbs
        Phin: New goal 46.8
        Stella: 1 lb
        K9: ? Lb
        Librarygirl: 60 lb
        Tree: 22 lb
        Play 30 lb
        Nelz : 19 lb
        Rainyday: 14 lb
        Cinders: 20 lb
        Siren 35 lb

Hi, everyone!

Is the board above still right?

I forgot to do the 10 jumping jacks last night, but instead fell asleep in bed at 7 pm. I got up this morning and did those 10 I promised though. That's probably 5 calories burned, right? Right now eating 2 pieces of greasy pizza for breakfast...
        I'm weighing in every Friday... so we'll see!

Great job on those jumping jacks! Next time, I want you to do 10, and then do 5 more at double the speed! (or says Bob from the Biggest Loser! He's a Bastard by the way! lol)

Comment

Weight Losers

paulywogg;1448988 wrote: why is pms such a bitch! i hate it,when i look at my journal i always slip around that time,or immediatly after its like my cravings for everything like pizza,doritos,chocolate,beer is times 10! rode my bike this morning try to kill the pissy mood im in,send me positive energy my peeps please!
          Try Black Cohosh. You can buy it for less than $3 at Walmart, though it's hard to find (even if it's in stock, you may have to ask a store rep to find it hidden on the shelf!) It's with the vitamins.

My coworker SWEARS by this stuff for menopause. So I looked it up, because, at 39, I think I might be somewhere in Perimenopause.

Turns out it helps with PMS as well!

BUT ALSO - Allow yourself to eat that chocolate, and those extra little things this time of the month. Just write down what you eat! Give yourself a little chocolate and a little cheesey thing once a day for three of the days. It can't hurt, and I think we Women deserve it!

But hopefully the Black Cohosh will help too!

Comment

Weight Losers

Nelz;1448340 wrote: I always seem to put on some "winter weight"
            Not something to worry about really. My coworker and I discussed this recently actually. We crave comfort foods as soon as the first chill comes. I think it has to do with the fact that our bodies want us to put a few extra pounds on in the winter.

Comment

Weight Losers

tree23;1448747 wrote: Started Zumba (on land) with my mom. Ridiculously funny and sad! But I laughed hysterically for about 20 minutes so I got a good abdominal workout! Surprisingly you burn 500 to 1000 calories per workout session. It doesn't seem all that intensive or hard, its just like dance lessons and it is upbeat so it goes fast, but man, by the end you are definitely sweating! Pretty sure I have anemia since I switched to vegetarianism. Been super weak and tired. Attributed it all to the Topa and/or my Fibromyalgia or CFS but after further consideration added iron deficiency to the list of possibilities. I was going to start Weight Watchers but everything that is vegetarian that is full of protein is extremely high in points (such as nuts)...conundrum. Slow weight loss I guess and toning is my plan. Taking iron supplements; prefer that to eating meat. 25 days AF and Vegetarian
              FUN! We're (my neighborfriend) and I are going to add that to our workout routine! Actually, we're going to look for a kid version so our girls (hers 7 and mine 7 and 8) will actually find it fun. (I just can't figure out why they don't like Jillian Michaels and Bob from the Biggest Loser....)lol

If you need any pointers of the food plan, let me know. I was a vegetarian from age 15 to 28. Then I married a Hunter, and he likes his meat, so I gradually started eating fish and poultry, then beef. I stay away from all Pork. Porky Pig is smarter than a dog!

Rice and Beans and lots of veggies were my staples. Plus I LOVE cheese. Broccoli, and lots of it, is a must. Tons of green leafy veggies.

I was also iron deficient. I fainted twice in High School doing Yoga, and then got tested, and this was why.

Good luck!

Comment

Weight Losers

K9Lover;1449089 wrote: How's everybody doing on the weight loss? I have lost my momentum...my main focus is staying smoke-free for now. But I'm cheering all of you on!!! :yougo::yougo:
                Wow, which is the mother here?

Thanks for the cheering, K9! Good luck w the cig quitting! that is hard stuff!
                Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Weight Losers

Rainyday;1449094 wrote: I'm weighing in every Friday... so we'll see!

Great job on those jumping jacks! Next time, I want you to do 10, and then do 5 more at double the speed! (or says Bob from the Biggest Loser! He's a Bastard by the way! lol)
                  Rainy day: you are killing me with that extra work, but I will do that extra 5 with double the speed, and if I don't lose extra weight, I will come after YOU!!!! LOL!
                  Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Weight Losers

SIREN"
                    you are an exercise GURU. I would like to be a martial art expert since I"m asian. I should do that flying in the air stuff. that would be super cool. instead I just carry a pepper spray. how lame huh. i can't swim or bike. i barely passed PE in school. seriously. in CA, they make you pass swimming in high school but I couldn't swim, so i got a doctor's note to say i was allergic to the chlorine in the pool to get out of swimming. that's how i got a high school diploma. otherwise i couldn't even get a high school diploma....
                    Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Weight Losers

Alcoholic;1449213 wrote: Rainy day: you are killing me with that extra work, but I will do that extra 5 with double the speed, and if I don't lose extra weight, I will come after YOU!!!! LOL!
                      Well, I won't promise you will lose weight! You must also add squats and bicep lifts while squating, and then another 15 jumping jacks!

I KILLED myself last night!

But the result? My coworker told me today I look like I'm losing weight!

Comment

Weight Losers

Alcoholic;1449216 wrote: SIREN"
                        you are an exercise GURU. I would like to be a martial art expert since I"m asian. I should do that flying in the air stuff. that would be super cool. instead I just carry a pepper spray. how lame huh. i can't swim or bike. i barely passed PE in school. seriously. in CA, they make you pass swimming in high school but I couldn't swim, so i got a doctor's note to say i was allergic to the chlorine in the pool to get out of swimming. that's how i got a high school diploma. otherwise i couldn't even get a high school diploma....
                        Depends on where you live in Cali, because I never had to pass that! But I did try out for the swim team and failed miserably!

Hmmm... asian... puts a new spin on things. As an asian, do you find you can't metabolize alcohol the same as others? I heard that was true, but it was never verified.

Comment

Weight Losers

AHHHH, long day of work done, worked out after....it really helps that I work at a gym. As for the 15 in 23, not sure. I think I just shocked the hell out of my system, by not eating crap, exerciing and not drinking ALL AT ONCE! It thought, 'Oh shit!' lol...not sure, but it aure ain't budging now, lol.

Pauly, I HATE pms! I normally eat anything in sight, sweet, salty, sweet&salty, beer, frig, you name it! Drives me crazy!!!! Plus not only that, I am a total bitch!!!

Ally, you know....you saved calories by going to bed at 7pm, you could have been eating!!!! Think positive!

K9, we can only worry about one thing at a time.....by your pic, you look great, and your daughter is gorgeous!!!!

Siren, good god! Bad series of event, physically! Is there anything that you can do? It would be tough I imagine.

Cindi, what time is dinner? I flipping love stew!!!!

Rainy, good job on the DVD's! How do you stand Jillian? I find her so condisending!She drives me bonkers when I watch BL. There's another DVD that's good by Bob Harper, Biggest Loser Bootcamp.....that 's a good one.

Comment

Weight Losers

Phin;1449250 wrote: AHHHH, long day of work done, worked out after....it really helps that I work at a gym. As for the 15 in 23, not sure. I think I just shocked the hell out of my system, by not eating crap, exerciing and not drinking ALL AT ONCE! It thought, 'Oh shit!' lol...not sure, but it aure ain't budging now, lol.

Rainy, good job on the DVD's! How do you stand Jillian? I find her so condisending!She drives me bonkers when I watch BL. There's another DVD that's good by Bob Harper, Biggest Loser Bootcamp.....that 's a good one.
                            Great job working out! I think you're right about the "shock" to the system. I hope you are eating enough. Your body might be wanting to store fat if you're not.

I'm dying to know who you were in your previous FB life! I wonder if we were on at the same time...

I actually only watched Jillian once. Did Bob Harper twice, but with that big muscular woman on his show, it feels like I'm watching Jillian! LOL I do like his style better, but don't mind Jillian. I like the challenge!

Actually my "challenge" right now is that my workout friend is probably a size 0 and is super muscular, and when I watch her do the moves, she looks like a ballet dancer! Bitch! I'm so clumsy and uncoordinated! I think I should give you all a laugh and video it sometime!

Comment

Weight Losers

Rainyday;1449220 wrote: Depends on where you live in Cali, because I never had to pass that! But I did try out for the swim team and failed miserably!

Hmmm... asian... puts a new spin on things. As an asian, do you find you can't metabolize alcohol the same as others? I heard that was true, but it was never verified.
                              Rainy day:
                              But as an Asian, we are super motivated at anything: so I trained my liver to tolerate large amount of alcohol up to 1.5 bottle of wine a day! We are also more prone to liver cirrhosis so I'm hoping I didn't over train my liver!!!!
                              Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Weight Losers

Ha ha... yes, I have many close Asian friends, and you are right, they are super motivated!

Comment

Working...
                                X