Weight Losers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weight Losers

Phin: you just jumped started and shocked your system to action! I love that! Keep it going!!!!!

I just have to say I love this group of people we have here! I'm learned so much here. I'm being forced by people to do my squats and jumping jacks and motivated by you super jocks like siren and pauly and phin and others....
    Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
    A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Weight Losers

man this thread moves almost as fast as newbies nest! you guys were talking about martial arts and stuff and i remembered i have a tae-bo dvd,its haaaard but its broken down in 10 minute intervals,maybe ill do that but not this week cuz im crabby!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Weight Losers

paulywogg;1449289 wrote: man this thread moves almost as fast as newbies nest! you guys were talking about martial arts and stuff and i remembered i have a tae-bo dvd,its haaaard but its broken down in 10 minute intervals,maybe ill do that but not this week cuz im crabby!
        Crabby is as Crabby Does! (as I would tell my kids!)
        I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

Weight Losers

Wow, it is fast moving! In the time that I was typing my post I missed about 4 posts! LMAO!

Rainy, what FB prior life? Facebook do you mean?

Comment

Weight Losers

Phin;1449303 wrote: Wow, it is fast moving! In the time that I was typing my post I missed about 4 posts! LMAO!

Rainy, what FB prior life? Facebook do you mean?
            Oh geez... my other addiction.

No, I meant MWO.
            I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

Weight Losers

Rainyday;1449305 wrote: Oh geez... my other addiction.

No, I meant MWO.
              Did you go by another name at some point as well?

Comment

Weight Losers

Well... that has me palin stumped to be honest. I thought I'd been on the MWO website longer than what my Join Date says, which says March 2012! I've searched the members list and can't find any other name that I could have used! I've used Raynay on other sites before...

So maybe I'm getting confused over the other sites I've used. But I swear I've known these people FOREVER!

But to my knowledge at this time, I've only ever been Rainyday!

Comment

Weight Losers

I have 25 pounds to shed.

Count me in for 25 pounds. I used to be able to run 6 miles 4 times a week and I loved being in shape. Today it is hard for me to walk a mile uphill. Losing weight is a bonus for sure. Now if I just make it through day one.....

rednose
                  All things in time if I am Alcohol free

Comment

Weight Losers

Welcome red nose!

Will add you on tomorrow for 25 lb goal.

I'm with you. I regret buying a two story house. My knees hurt. I huff and puff once I get upstairs and I'm only 40.
                    Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Weight Losers

Welcome Rednose!!!!!

Comment

Weight Losers

Good Evening Everyone,

No way I can catch up with what's going on for you all and weight loss, but I am thinking about you all here.

I have to tell you that I have not so far been able to accomplish any of my plan goals which were: buy exercise DVDs, do a short workout at home at least 3 days a week, post regularly on this thread. I'm depressed and discouraged about not being able to motivate to do the least little thing, what am I going to do. I used to ski, kayak, hike, bike ride, now I just come home and get in bed and eat and drink.

Well, just wanted to check in and say hi and I probably even more than 30 pounds now to lose, I can actually see myself gaining. Perhaps tomorrow will be the day I try hope so.

Love, play

Comment

Weight Losers

Hi Play!

Don't be hard on yourself. We all have bad times. Do you regularly suffer from depression? I do. There's been times where I'd stay in bed for a week. Don't want to bother with anyone even family. I hated feeling like that. Part of that to blame is genetics(thanks Mom lol) and partly the booze. It was always a vicious cycle. I'd drink at night then get up few like garbage both physically and emotionally. I hated feeling like that. I'm on pills. I don't want to be but I've tried to stop and well, I see the old me creeping back. So back on I go. I am borderline bipolar as well but I am trying to avoid those Meds for now. Maybe if you haven't you should plan a visit with your dr. I found that so hard admitting I needed help but SOOO many of the population have depression on one form or another.

I think once you get your groove on and get into a routine of a little exercise, healthy eating and even reducing your intake you will feel that much better. It's so hard to get the motivation up though. I much prefer being lazy! Lol

Basically what I'm saying is you aren't alone. We get it. We're here for you!!!!

Xoxo

Comment

Weight Losers

hi play,like phin says dont be hard on yourself,in reality eating right,exercising and losing weight is just as difficult as getting af or quitting smoking,its a lifestyle change for us to be getting af and trying to throw ourselves into getting in shape is double the work,but working on it slowly is doable,i feel like ive woken up from a coma from drinking and seeing myself for the first time in a long while,im surprised by the chubby me but i know it wont go overnite,just stick with it and try to at least make small changes,at least youll be getting healthier
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Weight Losers

Freefly: 19 lb
                              Ally: 16 lb -2.5 = 13.5 lb
                              Limers: 9 lb
                              New day: 13 lb
                              Pauly: 20 lb
                              Jinglejo:10 lb
                              Paula: 7 lb
                              Hippy man: 30 lb
                              Dottie 20 lbs
                              Phin: New goal 46.8
                              Stella: 1 lb
                              K9: ? Lb
                              Librarygirl: 60 lb
                              Tree: 22 lb
                              Play 30 lb
                              Nelz : 19 lb
                              Rainyday: 14 lb
                              Cinders: 20 lb
                              Siren 35 lb
                              Red nose: 25 lb

Hi, everyone:

I got my blood drawn 2 days ago and so the last 2 nights all I could do was go to bed at 7 pm and sleep a whole 11 hrs. There's gotta be something wrong w me. They took out 3 big tubes and I was just dead tired.... Maybe I'm anemic... We will see... But skipping dinner helped w the weight!

Play: I hear you are not over weight anyway but if you want to get a little bit healthier, just do small steps...which you already have.... Like walking around the lake, eat healthy which you know that already.., so just jump on the scale, you may be pleasantly surprised! If not, there's always a tomorrow!

Ok, getting ready for work.... Hope to find some clothes that will fit... That's getting slightly easier now.
                              Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Weight Losers

Ok peeps!

I was chatting with my boss who's a personal fitness trainer and I found out that I am not eating enough! He told me I should be eating 1800-2200 cals per day!!! 5 small meals, and a jogurt doesn't count as a meal, he means yogurt with say granola, and some almonds. This is why I'm not losing anymore.

He also says that just cardio isn't going to get the weight off. You need to strength train. Do you strength training, then maybe 15-20 mins of cardio after. If you want to throw in a class here and there, that's cool. Work out a minimum of 3 times a week. Another thing, allow yourself one cheat meal a week. It shocks your system in to burning more calories.

I tried to type as much as I could remember, lol!

Women who drink AL, are at even more of a disadvantage than men. It significantly reduces your metabolism, and totally dehydrates you.

Comment

Working...
                                X