Weight Losers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weight Losers

Siren136;1453004 wrote: Ally, sorry I led you astray on the scale Ours worked fine...

I still don't have my fit one device yet, though.
    Siren:

don't worry, I'm getting mine replaced... Hopefully the replacement will work well...And I haven't got the fit one device yet either,.,.
    Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
    A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Weight Losers

Siren136;1453136 wrote: Whatever you do, don't order those meal plans where it's delivered to your door. I have tried Nutri-System and e-diets meal delivery plans. The food is AWFUL!! No wonder people lose weight - the food sucks.
      I did that for awhile, the food tasted like like cardboard boxes...
      Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Weight Losers

Morning

I thought some of you folks trying to lose weight might be interested in an article I found to do with the relationship between the calories in alcohol and weight. You might find it rather surprising.

Calories From Drinking Beer, Wine And Alcohol Won't Make You Fat.

Edit: I hasten to add that I'm not suggesting that it's not a good idea to cut down on alcohol or cut it out altogether, it is. My point is that anyone hoping to lose a lot of weight as a consequence of cutting down is likely to be at least a bit disappointed.

Comment

Weight Losers

Recluse;1453347 wrote: Morning

I thought some of you folks trying to lose weight might be interested in an article I found to do with the relationship between the calories in alcohol and weight. You might find it rather surprising.

Calories From Drinking Beer, Wine And Alcohol Won't Make You Fat.

Edit: I hasten to add that I'm not suggesting that it's not a good idea to cut down on alcohol or cut it out altogether, it is. My point is that anyone hoping to lose a lot of weight as a consequence of cutting down is likely to be at least a bit disappointed.
          thanks, Recluse: I know I gained about 3 pounds once I stopped drinking and I was really expecting to lose more weight.

portion size control, eating healthier, and forcing myself to do the unthinkable (exercise) are just going have to be a part of life now.... maybe not every day, but I will try to do this as many days as I can possibly can.... that's all I can Promise at this point.....
          Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Weight Losers

Went to WW today. It was ugly. I had only guessed at how much I had to lose, before. And I was bang on. Hate that I have stacked back on 40lb of the 100 I lost. But I guess I know it is doable.
            Also went to my new gym and thrashed myself at a Spin class. Felt awesome to be back into exercise again

Comment

Weight Losers

Good article, Recluse, though I'm a bit skeptical. I would think that most of the participants in this observational research do not drink at the levels of most people in this forum. For those that truly do, I would think that at least some would tend to underreport their drinking (haven't we all?)

I didn't really tend to eat much most days I drank (which was every day). I had a pretty healthy diet despite the drinking, though I do love my carbs and dairy.

It would be good to see a truly randomized study, though it would be unethical for researchers to feed the participants the amount of alcohol most of us were consuming on a daily basis.
              Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Weight Losers

Siren136;1453417 wrote: Good article, Recluse, though I'm a bit skeptical. I would think that most of the participants in this observational research do not drink at the levels of most people in this forum. For those that truly do, I would think that at least some would tend to underreport their drinking (haven't we all?)

I didn't really tend to eat much most days I drank (which was every day). I had a pretty healthy diet despite the drinking, though I do love my carbs and dairy.

It would be good to see a truly randomized study, though it would be unethical for researchers to feed the participants the amount of alcohol most of us were consuming on a daily basis.
                I have to say that the article ties in with my own experience siren. My diet is extremely healthy, at least so far as food is concerned. Prior to Jan 2012 I was drinking 20 units (whisky) every single day and had been doing so for years. That's equivalent to over 1100 calories a day, which equates to a little over 2lbs of weight in body fat per week. In other words, you would think that all else being equal, if I stopped drinking, my weight would drop by 2lbs each week, and that was what I thought would happen. I did stop drinking for 4 months and nothing happened to my weight, neither down nor up.

That was my experience, but I agree that it's only one article, and I'm finding that there's a lot of disagreement amongst the so-called experts in the field of nutrition. It's also possible that weight changes could be a consequence of lifestyle changes as people embrace sobriety. It would be interesting to hear what others on this thread have experienced.

Comment

Weight Losers

recluse,it was a good article i posted something i read about alcohol workinh like thermogenisis in the body,making it run hotter ya know?all i know is when i drank heavy i was thin,and i ate worse than i do now,no excuse to drink at all just a good explanation of how al calories work
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Weight Losers

Haven't checked in for a while. Fell out of the workout routine as we've had sick kids in the house. BUT I've been working out in the sense that I've been working on the house.

I didn't do my Friday weigh-in because I use my parents scale, and I didn't pick the kids up Friday. So I weighed in last night. Down another 3 pounds!

Original goal = 15, lost 1 lb, goal changed to 14... now I have 11 to go! But really I need to get TONED. That is my main goal of all of this. Gotta lose the baby tummy.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Rainy
                    I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

Weight Losers

Phin;1452789 wrote: Weighed myself this morning down3 for a total of 17.1!!!! I'm super excited! In 4.9 lbs I will be over 20lbs AND under 200!!!! I'm treating myself to a flashy pair of new runners!!!!

I tried to do this same weightloss no drinking thing last year, but it never stuck. My mom asked me this morning why is this year different? She answered for me, 'I guess you weren't in the right place'. Yup that's definately it! I WANT to do it this time.
                      Great Great Great! :goodjob:
                      I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

Weight Losers

Good Morning. I lost another 1.5 pounds testerday.

Goal 25 - 6.5. I was actually at 187.5 when I started this but I started my weight loss figure at 185.
                        So I was 178.5 this am..

Skinner rednose
                        All things in time if I am Alcohol free

Comment

Weight Losers

Originally Posted by Alcoholic
                          Freefly: 19 lb
                          Ally: 11.5 lb + 1.5 = 13 (lost 17 so far)
                          Limers: 9 lb
                          New day: 14 lb
                          Pauly: 19 lb
                          Jinglejo:10 lb
                          Paula: 7 lb
                          Hippy man: 18 lb ( lost 12 lbs)
                          Dottie 20 lbs
                          Phin: 46.8 lb - 3 = 43.8 lb ( lost 17.1 lb!)
                          Stella: 1 lb
                          K9: ? Lb
                          Librarygirl: 60 lb
                          Tree: 22 lb
                          Play 30 lb
                          Nelz : 19 lb
                          Rainyday: 14 lb - 3 = 11 lb ( total loss of 4 lb).
                          Cinders: 20 lb
                          Siren 35 lb
                          Red nose: 25 lb --5 = 20 lb ( lost 5 lb!)
                          mya: 30 lb
                          quakegirl: 40 lb
                          Odat1234: 8 lbs
                          Friedabee : 20 lbs
                          Spicoli:15 lb
                          Red 67: 40 lb

Hi, everyone,

Good job rainy day,! Steady weight loos, toned body, who could ask for more?

My treadmill is getting delivered today. 200 something pounds... How am I gonna get it upstairs? I don't want it keep in in garage, because I know i will be too lazy to walk to the garage! I need it in middle of my bedroom staring at me everyday, making me trip over it, making me feel guilty, making mr dream about it kind of thing.... Ok, gotta go to work
                          Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Weight Losers

Great job Rainy and Rednose!!!!!

Ally, awesome that you're getting you're treadmill!!!! I have mine in my bedroom and its a frigging eyesore but is always a reminder. I want to be positive so I won't show you of any pics of it right now, lol.

Had a good day at work, worked out legs after and some cardio. I love doing legs. It burns like hell but I always look forward to it. They are pretty tired right now and so am I having been up since 4am!

Loving hearing from everyone!!!!!

Comment

Weight Losers

Holy poop! I just realized that its almost 1 damn month for me and a few others!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Weight Losers

Phin:

congratulations for almost 1 month! Too bad January has so many days! .

Got my treadmill, can't even get it into the front door..... Waiting for husband to get home...I guess times like this it's good to be married....
                                Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Working...
                                X