Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weight Losers

New day;

I hear ya! Actually I love my in laws but have more trouble w my own family! But just vent away! It's quite therapeutic to write it all down....

My dad is visiting and he's driving me crazy too. My whole family is paranoid. My mom passed away recently but she was paranoid when she was alive so she kept separate bank accounts from my dad now now it's a nightmare to get money out from the banks! My dad expects my husband to clean up this huge mess for him yet my dad doesn't trust him! Argggg!
    Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
    A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Weight Losers

im still here finally lost another pound
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Weight Losers

Freefly: 19 lb
        Ally: 12 + 0.5= 12.5 lb
        Limers: 9 lb
        New day: 13 lb to lose
        Pauly: 19 lb - 1 = 18 lb
        Jinglejo:10 lb
        Paula: 7 lb
        Hippy man: 18 lb ( lost 12 lbs)
        Dottie 20 lbs
        Phin: 43.8 lb ( lost 17.1 lb!)
        Stella: 1 lb
        K9: ? Lb
        Librarygirl: 60 lb
        Tree: 22 lb
        Play 30 lb
        Nelz : 22 lb
        Rainyday: 14 lb - 3 = 11 lb ( total loss of 4 lb).
        Cinders: 20 lb
        Siren 35 lb
        Red nose: 25 lb --6.5= 18.5 ( lost 6.5 lb!)
        mya: 30 lb
        quakegirl: 40 lb
        Odat1234: 8 lbs
        Friedabee : 20 lbs
        Spicoli:15 lb
        Red 67: 40 lb

Yay!!!! Pauly! Way to go! Are you still on the bike?

I did my treadmill 20 min this am, about to jump in the shower... Still cannot lose the last 12 lb!!!! Any ideas guys? I'm exercising, eating healthy, limiting portions... The only thing I can think of is that l glut since it is used for body builders to prevent weight loss!
        Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Weight Losers

Hangin at 202ish, but started the small workout schedule today
          Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Weight Losers

i think im gonna hang out in weight losers more often,im getting kinda tired of focusing on al so much,i love coming here but im not so preoccupied with drinking as much,soo how about for today everybody gives a sample diet of their day,everything even drinks and snacks,ill post mine this evening

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Weight Losers

Anyone hear of the Alternate day diet? aka the UpDown diet. Eat normally on Up days and restrict your calories on the down days. On the down days for the first 2 weeks, you restrict yourself to 500 calories and then you're supposed to do 25% of the calories you eat on your Up days. No exercise is required and there are health benefits over and above just weight loss.

The premise is that for most of human history we have not had a very stable source of food. This has really only been available over the last 200-300 years. So by following the diet you are tricking your body into having to adapt. It's backed by actual research and it's a diet for life, so weight stays off. In the maintenance phase you eat 60% of your normal calories in the Down days.

I'm going to look into it a bit more. I may try it.
              Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Weight Losers

Pauly: my diet today will gross you out: I had fish eggs or caviar for breakfast and shrimp/crab salad for lunch. Plan to skip dinner or eat left over fish eggs again! For drinks: l glut and water and coffee.

Siren: I think that up down diet goes along w the paleo diet thinking ... I think it will work! Maybe I'll try it!

Or the one that works is what I'll call third world or starvation diet: No food, definitively skinny! Hope I'm not offending anyone.... But isn't that the truth?!

Tomorrow needs to be my down day if I'm going to do the new diet...
                Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Weight Losers

Nelz! Good, w a mild workout schedule, you may see weight loss or more tones muscles. Just good for you anyway....!
                  Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Weight Losers

I'm checking in! I am almost done Day 9 of 12 at work! I am TIRED! I did workout after work today, did some legs.....no double workout for me. Tomorrow will be back and biceps, then yoga in the PM.

My diet for the day.....hmmmm, whole wheat WW bagel with organic peanut butter (YUCK), then yogurt with cinnimon (helps increase metabolism) and a Granny Smith apple, then some chicken, 1/4 potato, and cottage cheese, that's all so far.....not terribly exciting! A couple of coffees in there too, a boatload of water as well. Tonight my fam is having home made mac and cheese which I love but I can't bring myself to eat the carbs.

Comment

Weight Losers

i couldnt resist that mac n cheese phin! so i had some oatmeal,a yougurt and strawberry/blueberry cup,lunch was a small sandwich,some jerky,dinner fries and a burger(i know) but it was only a couple of fries and the burger was smallish,plus i had 2 diet cokes,water,and one vitamin water zero throughout the day,not too bad,plus i wore my pedometer to work and we were so busy i took 12,000 steps,crazy

Comment

Weight Losers

Hi guys......yesterday I wrote a longer post and by the time I went to post it, I guess I got timed out and it was lost. Sometimes I can sign in again and it's still there, but sometimes not I was too short on time to rewrite it all. Nothing major to report, but I thought I'd just drop by and say hi. I want able to go to yoga on Monday....I was dressed and almost out the door when my day got completely turned around on me. But I am going this morning!
                        I see you are all discussing some sort of up/down diet......interesting.
                        Have a good day everyone.

Comment

Weight Losers

i wonder why this thread is so dead? maybe it was alot of peoples new years resolutions to lose and now that it feb,theyre done?rode my bike today,i must do it daily,not only for weight but everything i read on mood elevating is exercise,and more exercise!

Comment

Weight Losers

I got to get off topamax... I think it has helped my appetite but I couldn't do simple math this morning and I've forgotten how to play songs I've know for years!!! It's like I have developed Alzheimer's dementia!!!

Pauly: I think you are right. New Years resolution dies fast! I'm glad we are all still here though

I've been doing at least 20 min 3% incline 2 mph a day on treadmill. I think I'll go to 4% incline tonight.

I'll incorporate more veggies into my diet, less meat.. I'd like to be more vegetarian one day too.. Just to spare lives of poor animals though I love lamb... . I struggle w my own morality here.... No judgment on anyone just on myself... )
                            Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Weight Losers

I'm still here!!! Still at it!!!! I didn't do any workout today, but I am planning to go to yoga tonight. You guys are doing awesome!!!! Another challenge weekend for me, basketball touney in Toronto......also the gym that I work at owns a hockey team and there's a game on Friday night, they are having a special night for our gym members.....pizza, wings, beer garden!!!!! Lord help me!!!!

We're expecting a storm tomorrow and Friday....always makes for a quite day at work. No one wants to make the drive........I think I'll bring my book

Comment

Weight Losers

Yay! Down a total of 18.5!!!! I wish I looked like it. . Another 5 and I'll be below the 200 mark!!!!! I can't wait!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X