AL seems to be hard at work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a dream last night that I was enjoying a Coors Light..........:H The whole time I was drinking it, I was just trying to imagine how I was going to come in here and tell everyone.....WOW

Sometimes its nice to have a jolt like that and be able to wake up and say.....weeeeeech!

Its like cheating without the consequences
    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Do you think it's your inner self giving you warning?
    Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Nelz;1421031 wrote: Had a dream last night that I was enjoying a Coors Light..........:H The whole time I was drinking it, I was just trying to imagine how I was going to come in here and tell everyone.....WOW

Sometimes its nice to have a jolt like that and be able to wake up and say.....weeeeeech!

Its like cheating without the consequences
      Lol! That's hilarious!
      Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
      A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Coors Light, Nelz???

Do you know what American beers have in common with the East Coast? They're both close to water.:H

This is by no means a recommendation that one replace water intake with American beer.
        "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

RingingCedars;1421037 wrote: Do you think it's your inner self giving you warning?
          I really dont know where it came from...I was thinking just the other day about closing in on two years AF.....Maybe thats where it came from.

It was just REALLY weird. Maybe it was the Non Alky beers I enjoyed this weekend....not sure but sort of glad I had it.
          Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Those dreams scare me straight!! I think they do us good every now and then to keep us on our toes! Sometimes they are SO real....but thank goodness they aren't!! Whatever they are trying to tell me, I'm listening...don't want to feel like that ever again! Thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one! B
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hi Nelz,

I occasionally have drinking dreams, but they're never good. It's always the relapse dream, where I get drunk and try to hide it - and usually everyone finds out!

I wake up feeling ashamed and it takes me a few minutes to realise it hasn't really happened! I haven't had one for ages, but had loads when I first got sober. Haha, I even dreamt a load of AA members came and pointed at me drunk in the street! Gosh my mind is mean to me sometimes! Although I think it's just trying to remind me not to be complacent
              Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

I still have these types of dreams. I am always SO relieved that I don't have to confess here! It would break my heart - I'm certain of that!

It's a good reality check for me because I have given up my sobriety once before and vow to never do it again - not ever, no matter what. I can cope with the dreams, in fact I'm glad I have one every now and then, it grounds me. If it were to ever be a reality I'd be absolutely devastated!
                It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
                Mother Theresa

Comment

nicelife;1421267 wrote: It's a good reality check for me because I have given up my sobriety once before and vow to never do it again - not ever, no matter what.
                  Jeez Nicey, only once - I wish I was you!
                  You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

I had one a couple of nights ago, I hate them. It also followed my 90 days celebration so I think you are right Nelz.....an upcoming milestone stirs up insecurity. Plus we have fought so hard for this.

Mind you, on a lighter note, many moons ago I quit wheat and after two weeks had a dream that I was being chased down the street by a piece of toast! :H:H

Comment

Drinking dreams are sooooo real. Scares the piss out of me for sure. I nearly have to go check the cupboard and fridge to make sure there is nothing in there. So glad I share this with someone.
                      :notes:
                      we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

kuya;1421284 wrote: I

Mind you, on a lighter note, many moons ago I quit wheat and after two weeks had a dream that I was being chased down the street by a piece of toast! :H:H
                        Lol! :H I'm never quitting smoking....
                        Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Working...
                        X