Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abstract thinking

Removing thread for you Ringing Cedars.
    Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Abstract thinking

Slay:

I tend to think outside of the box, and I don't always go w the norm. I don't think in black and white either. Each problem has multiple solutions.

What about you?
    Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
    A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Abstract thinking

Alcoholic;1421122 wrote: Slay:

I tend to think outside of the box, and I don't always go w the norm. I don't think in black and white either. Each problem has multiple solutions.

What about you?

I am abby normal!!!! No doubt about it!!!!! Sometimes people don't understand my way of thinking because it tends to reach down too deep for some. I have a very logical side, but also a very off kilter side from the surface norm. At times, I can feel the extremes of emotions and that really gives me a deeper inside look at things while still being a drill Sargent putting order to everything. I, also, need a lot of time alone in my own head and thoughts.

I am curious how many and who here feels the same way.
      Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Abstract thinking

I think my posts speak for me.:H
        Seriously, we must stop labeling ourselves. Just be and stop judging. I'm Ok, You're Ok. I think she was onto something there. :h

Thought I should add it was a book 20 some odd years ago.
        Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Abstract thinking

RingingCedars;1421154 wrote: I think my posts speak for me.:H
          Seriously, we must stop labeling ourselves. Just be and stop judging. I'm Ok, You're Ok. I think she was onto something there. :h

Thought I should add it was a book 20 some odd years ago.
          Haven't read too many of your posts, RC. I don't think you post on the NN. I have noted your alternative health posts a few times. I was into that stuff years ago when they really thought that was all quack medicine, but it did some wonders for me. Saved my life when regular medicine couldn't.

Anyway, it's not about feeling bad about yourself as abstract or not abstract, just a curiosity as to how many may fit the profile that have abused alcohol. It, also, is a plain that some of us can relate to one another on. Like the army thread or alternative medicine folks, etc. Judgement has no place in this thread for me. Although, I know I can be judged if I don't fit the status quo. I'm becoming more comfortable with that fact these days. We don't all like the same clothes, food, activities, etc. No judgement!!!

Comment

Abstract thinking

Was not an accusation that you were judging others in a negative way. Comparing ourselves to others is a form of judging ourselves and I guess in effect we are judging them as well. Or should we call it evaluating. It just seems to me that the majority of us are always comparing our thoughts, dress, habits to others, be it peers or the idiot box extreme and gotta have behaviour. And it causes feelings of inadequacy and desperation to be bee something else, something we were never intended to be. This then leads to addictions to fill the perceived lack. Of course, it's not the only cause, but I believe more and more it's a huge contributor. Peace
            Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Working...
            X