Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Wednesday 5th December

Good morning Army

A very happy Hump Day to one and all (except Pingu).

This song played on the radio this morning. I absolutely love it, and I think folks who are struggling at the moment can also get a little bit of inspiration from it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoUSCrpXkGs[/video]]Lighthouse Family - Free - YouTube

A real Windsday (I think that was invented by Winnie the Pooh) in Cape Town, but not nearly as bad as last week. Winds up to 40km/h. Outdoor cogging could be dangerous under these conditions, so I'll refrain.

I'm off to the optometrist after I've had my latte. These multifocals just aren't doing it for me. I have headaches every day and have to keep adjusting the position in which I hold my head to see clearly. Back to normal specs and getting a pair of reading glasses. I'm just sure as hell not coughing up for it all. I warned the guy that I was sceptical about them when it was recommended to me. This pair cost me R6500 (about 650 Euro), so I can't afford to pay for two new pairs again.

Have a lekker Wednesday, everyone!
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Morning Tipps and all to come. Its still dark here and i haven't got the forecast yet but its bitter cold weather here. Hope the rain keeps off as i plan to walk up and back to the local library bout 25 mins each way. Bit of daily exercise and change/renew some books cds etc. Just had coffee fed cats put them out and now for another coffee. I hope you get your glasses sorted Tipps nothing as bad as headaches and discomfort. I need reading and distance glasses as the one pair isn't working anymore so a future trip to optician next year to see if i can do better with separate pairs. I was also going to go for bi-focal but was aslo told they are not comfortable and can be awkward. Have a wonderful wednesday army. Thanks for the song i love the Lighthouse family i think i have 2 of the cds if i can dig them out.:specs::cupajoe::cat:

Comment

Morning Tipps and Foxy and all to come.

It's Siberian outside. I have 2 duvets on my bed to help keep out that arctic air!

Off into work and working a little later too. There's an event we are holding for teachers at 4pm and we are feeding them. Now, this is about the time I get my bad cravings, but it also scuppers with my eating regime! It'll be shite food, and I'd rather have my proper meal... So now my heid is all with thoughts of whether to eat crappy sarnies at 4pm, or wait til the thing finishes at 7pm and get proper nosh when I get home... but by 7pm I'll be hungry, tried, irritable. I'm 95% sure I wouldn't have a drink, but then I'd rather not be in a meeting about something I care about feeling three quarters of HALT.

Sorry - wee winge there.

Better shower and clean my arse. :H

Comment

Morning Foxy

Don't you just wish they had a delivery service for books & CDs? I can just imagine Mollers on the daily book run :H:H:H

The optometrist was very nice about it - he's making me a pair of reading glasses free of charge. He's adjusted the multifocals, but if they're still bothersome he'll change the lenses to normal distance viewing ones too.
        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

X-post :hallo: Arsey
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Morning Rc good luck this after with the meeting and stay strong. Good news on the specs Tipps. Actually i don't mind the walk to the library as it gets me out and its exeecise. There is a nice coffee shop around ther corner and a few shops its a nice little village called Shankill last stop in Dublin before you head in to Co. Wicklow. Then the first town you come in to is Bray a nice seaside town. Bit of geography for yis:H.

Comment

Morning folks, I have an eye test in an hour be the hokey. RC eat a couple of the crappy sambos and drink a couple of buckets of tea to keep hydrated would be my thoughts.
              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Thank you Tabbers. Copied and pasted into me thread.

Right, orf i go into Stirberia. Brrrrrr.

Comment

You are welcome, have visions of the meeting being held with everyone stuffing their faces full of sambos and trying to discuss important matters, not sure how productive that will be
                  ARGGGHHHH is that the time.....
                  Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

General good mornings and yooooooo hoooooooooooos troopers. I am sooooooooo late.

I'll go instead RC, I love a buffet even an awful one.

Just in case you get a chance to check in afore ye go, I know you've sorted the arrive late, leave early thing. An other thing is to get a glass in your hand of anything non-al so if anyone wanders towards you with warm white or rancid red just wave said glass and say 'I'm fine'

Right must be orff.
                    It could be worse, I could be filing.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Freezing cold....

The most pathetic covering of a few flakes of snow, enough to get the kids excited tho
                      I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Hi, feel terrible, got some bug that's killing me and my inflammatory arthritis flared up again. also its budget day here. wonder are they all connected to make me feel unwell.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

oh Mario....big hugs sweetie
                          off to wash my arse too..

Tips..I have a vendor that is South African and we have so much fun talking...I asjed him what lekker meant the other day...
                          coffee....
                          god plan Arsey
                          Morning Foxy Loxy
                          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

hubs not so much of an ass hat this morning....last night was a doozy
                            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

mario;1422097 wrote: Hi, feel terrible, got some bug that's killing me and my inflammatory arthritis flared up again. also its budget day here. wonder are they all connected to make me feel unwell.
                              So sorry to hear you are unwell. You do seem to be going through loads of pain in the past few months:l
                              Hello Army

Having a tough time here Mr A been in loads of pain post op so had to take him back to the hospital in between getting a 24 hr blood pressure monitor fitted at another hospital. Just arrived back home and trying to sort out someone to pick grandchildren up from school.
                              ARGHH.

JC post has just arrived as I write:thanks: Shall I let my daughter open it?

Comment

Working...
                              X